Biggest Bay Area EVO/STI MEET

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by Heedz

Now where's the proof, then all of us would be fine with it.
Guess I'll MMS you a pic if its safe to come on Saturday
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
Originally Posted by ortizd12
Lets do this
tu tambien...oh que la
Old 12-26-2012, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Ill bring my new whip
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
you got the gt86?
Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
you got the gt86?
No sir.
I got something with twin turbos
Old 12-26-2012, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR
Originally Posted by Rescuer

cool. next time i'll just let my fellow subaru mates get their cars impounded instead of providing them with quality information

I was there for the stoneridge meet not long ago, i took those pictures of the barricades being brought in, i watched tow trucks and the cops do their thing

so if you don't like my warning, either ignore it or kiss my butt
like i said if u have reason to be afraid of the cops (illegal mods under hood) etc then u shouldn't go. yea they will impound my car cuz i paid to park at the lot and just so happens that there's a car meet going on.... wtf (that's what i would argue and how are they gonna prove i'm there with the meet and not just going to get some grub nearby). not trying to get fellow subi owners fcked here but not trying to scare off ppl that actually interested in going. the least everyone should do if u go is check the area out before even heading into the garage.

Sent from my i4s using i-Club
Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by seckSti
like i said if u have reason to be afraid of the cops (illegal mods under hood) etc then u shouldn't go. yea they will impound my car cuz i paid to park at the lot and just so happens that there's a car meet going on.... wtf (that's what i would argue and how are they gonna prove i'm there with the meet and not just going to get some grub nearby). not trying to get fellow subi owners fcked here but not trying to scare off ppl that actually interested in going. the least everyone should do if u go is check the area out before even heading into the garage.

There's nothing around there, and..... with that many cars come on.

It's like going to 7th street and saying, "Oh I'm here to go fishing...."
Old 12-26-2012, 05:41 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!

How about guilty by association, especially when your car closely resembles the everyone else's at that time and place.

And when did California start requiring a legitimate reason to impound cars registered in its state? Do you actually think you own it?

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-26-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
How about guilty by association ? And when did California start requiring a legitimate reason to impound cars registered in its state? Do you actually think you own it?
I bet no one will understand what this means. Well with the exception of few.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:54 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Heedz
I bet no one will understand what this means. Well with the exception of few.
I know. I don't care. I went back and tried revising my post to make the statement more understandable, but gave up. *Puts flame suit on*
Old 12-26-2012, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
like i said if u have reason to be afraid of the cops (illegal mods under hood) etc then u shouldn't go.
yeah, like i said, it's called loitering. it's something you can be cited for other than car mods

i don't need to go check out the area. it's a huge parking lot that gets used by the ballpark and some concert venues. it's $3 an hour. and like any parking lot, it has rules and CA laws that prohibit certain things.

people think they are entitled to just post a location wherever they want to, even though they don't own the property.

one guy mentioned that the stoneridge meet had no problems the last few years except this past one. that is not true. in fact the very FIRST meet several years ago was posted as the top parking level of sears at the stoneridge mall.......yeah...that is a dumb idea. that is private property. i've told this story before as i was the first one in the parking lot being a local. mall security was all over it and booted us out when only the first 5 cars arrived. then it got moved across the street, which is why the last few years was the new "across the street" location.

so lets not play dumb here. people are picking PRIVATELY owned places and feel entitled thinking "oh, i can drive there so it's considered public, therefore it's OK"

if you don't like my posts, don't read them or ignore them

Last edited by Rescuer; 12-26-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Rescuer
yeah, like i said, it's called loitering. it's something you can be cited for other than car mods

i don't need to go check out the area. it's a huge parking lot that gets used by the ballpark and some concert venues. it's $3 an hour. and like any parking lot, it has rules and CA laws that prohibit certain things.

people think they are entitled to just post a location wherever they want to, even though they don't own the property.

one guy mentioned that the stoneridge meet had no problems the last few years except this past one. that is not true. in fact the very FIRST meet several years ago was posted as the top parking level of sears at the stoneridge mall.......yeah...that is a dumb idea. that is private property. i've told this story before as i was the first one in the parking lot being a local. mall security was all over it and booted us out when only the first 5 cars arrived. then it got moved across the street, which is why the last few years was the new "across the street" location.

so lets not play dumb here. people are picking PRIVATELY owned places and feel entitled thinking "oh, i can drive there so it's considered public, therefore it's OK"

if you don't like my posts, don't read them or ignore them
I was asked by Stoneridge security to leave the lot after being there for 20 minutes waiting for my friends who were driving up from San Jose to go snowboarding. It was 7am. And this was back in 2003. The mall was closed so they knew we shouldn't be there.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
I was asked by Stoneridge security to leave the lot after being there for 20 minutes waiting for my friends who were driving up from San Jose to go snowboarding. It was 7am. And this was back in 2003. The mall was closed so they knew we shouldn't be there.
those jerks

actually this meet was on a friday or saturday night i believe, when the mall was good and open
the first year they thought it was OK to just post that spot, even though it's a private lot owned by the mall but not many people actually park up there. several hundred cars were planning to come.

then the 2nd year it was posted across the street in another private lot, and even more cars were attending, etc.
and of course last year, even MOOOORE. like a couple thousand cars or something? in a private lot that holds like 350~ cars? lol

derps
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
well there's some drama on the fb page lol. Im deciding on it, cus driving to SF for a car show is boring imo.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:54 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
drama? wtf

details plz.

Quick Reply: Biggest Bay Area EVO/STI MEET