Done up WRX still not an STi???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
Originally Posted by Haole-Pino
Before, I owned a 2.5RS. Moved up to a WRX because of its price point. But now, I currently own a 2004 STi. Back when the 2004 STi came out, it had a 2.5 engine compared to the WRX's 2.0. It also had a bigger turbo, better injectors, bigger intercooler. Back then up until 2008, picking the STi over the wrx was a no brainier. Now, the new gen of WRX like yours has the 2.5 block, so it made the choice much more difficult. Despite the price difference between the WRX trim level vs. the STi, the Brembos brakes, 6 speed transmission, DCCD controls, and upgrade exterior & interior bits. For me, it was worth me going with a STi. Having extra stock horsepower outta the factory to build on, & a globally recognizable badge on it was a bonus. But keep in mind, if you ever, down the road want to sell your ride for the next best thing, STi's will always hold there value better than a WRX....
I agree completely. I think I made up my mind, I plan to take my car to a modest stage 2 being that I already have the CBE and stay there. By modest, I mean just adding a down pipe to reach stage 2. So far, I've put a lot of time and research into what my car is currently and I enjoy that about it.
However, I think my next question is what is the next generation STi gonna look like? I think I will keep my current car as a DD and pick up an STi when it comes out.