Done up WRX still not an STi???

Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by 808_lgt
Lol I like how I don't wanna rematch, yet how could it have been possible when you left to Korea the minute your car was done? I been waiting for your turd to come back, I got nothing to lose hahaha. I do think however its funny that you now have a new tuner, a new turbo set up, and a new chassis for said set up. Name the time and place sweetheart

ok ok you got me on the Korea thing. Besides were even I got you in the fatass Evo.

to stay on topic. OP you wanna be happy take the lowest trim level (RS) and add the highest trim level motor (STi) combine and be happy. guaranteed to leave a huge grin on your face. you can see first hand if you go to the meat tomorrow. key word "see" no touchy
Old 02-21-2013, 05:53 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
If you are going to sell it for anything get an evo8........

This coming from the guy with a full swapped 400hp wrx. Well I didn't do the rear Brembos.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM

Car Info: 2008 MB C350S Chip/Exhaust 268whp
The truth is that when you look at your title, it will always say Subaru Impreza WRX, not Subaru Impreza WRX STI.

Trim level/names/whatever aside, both cars are different in almost every complete way. You're not looking at the difference between a BRZ premium and limited where there are no drivetrain differences.

There is no shame in owning a WRX vs a STI unless you're a go big or go home type of person. If your wife is giving you crap for spending money already on your car, then just stop where you're at if you're happy where you are. When it is time to get your next car, buy a higher performance out of the box car.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
I drive a wrx and went with the cheaper price tag for these reasons 1) price difference between the 2, gives me time to save money and put the brand/quality of parts I want vs buying it with parts I would swap out anyway. 2) everyone expects an sti to be faster. If I was driving a sti and lost to a wrx, I would cry, knowing I should have spent the money I would have saved on better than oem parts the sti comes with. 3) I dont track nor do I slam gears, no need for a bullet proof/6speed tranny. 4) sti owners I.encountered in the past always reminded me of honda fan douches who thought they were better than wrx owners vs meeting chill wrx owners who felt like they had nothing to prove and treated every car enthusiast the same because of their passion for cars and not because of a sti badge.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 PM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
Originally Posted by 4080wrx
to stay on topic. OP you wanna be happy take the lowest trim level (RS) and add the highest trim level motor (STi) combine and be happy. guaranteed to leave a huge grin on your face. you can see first hand if you go to the meat tomorrow. key word "see" no touchy
I like the sound of that. But what if I buy you drinky?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Dude welcome to the club... I bought my 07 wrx with 4k miles on it. Totally stock. I got a wrx because an sti was out of my price range at that time. Now my wrx has pretty much full bolt ons, 5x114 brembos and 6spd, suspension...etc. I may or may not have raced STI's and beat them, but guess what? I love my car, but I still want an STI! Lol
Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I have an STi my trunk says so!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 PM

Car Info: my wife crazy with buying parts
Originally Posted by Heedz
I have an STi my trunk says so!
Me 2. My radiator, turbo, door cards, and carpet says so.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 PM

Car Info: 2007 STi GTX3076R
Its what you want to do. If going for big power you are going to need to do internals on the engine, beef up your 5 speed, and bigger turbo. 400 whp is where the Subaru stock engine start to see there limitations. Ringland failure is the big issue. To me the biggest differents between the STI and WRX is the 6 speed. You can make an WRX faster and handle better then an STI. I had WRX and now have STI the reason why I got my STI cause I was going to build for big power. But at 400 whp I know my engine is going. Eating a quart of oil every 500 miles. Playing the big power game is going to cost you. But power is addicting once you get use to the car you want more. I respect all cars and car owners that put time and effort into there vehicles. Doesn't matter if your car has 2 hp or 1000 hp. Its the effort you put into your car not the badge. A badass WRX is badass car.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 PM

Car Info: VF39'd EWG bugeye/ 99' Miata
Originally Posted by PSBeachBum
Me 2. My radiator, turbo, door cards, and carpet says so.
USDM STI wagon? No, just no
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 2013 DGM Subaru WRX Limited
@the_truth

What kind of wrx do you drive, i think i seen you driving by foodland last night in a dgm hatch?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
Originally Posted by keonigt
@the_truth

What kind of wrx do you drive, i think i seen you driving by foodland last night in a dgm hatch?
Might have been me. If it had gold wheels, then it was me on my way home from dinner.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI
Both have dual avcs and respond to mods just as good. do a drivetrain swap and save money on insurance. then youll realize how much it doesnt matter after that.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sliver
i think the biggest mods you can do are between the driver seat and the steering wheel. numbers dont matter if you cant drive.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Still a WRX. I have more than the MSRP of a new STI in mods in my WRX and it's still just a WRX.

But honestly, who even cares?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Done up WRX still not an STi???