Done up WRX still not an STi???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 PM

Car Info: '13 Xrunner
Originally Posted by TheFozz
Built>Bought in most cases as long as you don't give a s#!t about resale value.

Let or encourage the wife to spend some money on her hobby's also.

Happy Wife=Happy Life. End of issue.
Holy crap, that's my supervisor's favorite phrase! I honestly never heard it before him and now you're the second.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 PM

Car Info: DoucheMobile
Originally Posted by the_truth
5's pretty good. I remember the legacy, the wrx, and now the brz. What was before that?
The 2006 WRX, had an STI wing on it along with about 5 different sets of wheels.

I also started at the hotel with an 02 Civic Si, but I didn't have that one very long after.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by touge-n00b
The 2006 WRX, had an STI wing on it along with about 5 different sets of wheels.

I also started at the hotel with an 02 Civic Si, but I didn't have that one very long after.
That's right, you had two different gen WRX's.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
My $0.02...Who cares?! Are you more concerned with the perceived badge factor of your car or what the personal satisfaction you get out of it? IMHO it is not the car that should command respect, but the owner and his use of the vehicle. Car is just a car, they come and go...it's their purpose, utilization and experiences that matter.
You're completely right. I do however enjoy the nostalgia behind cars with a good heritage i.e. Corvettes, NSX's, GT-R's, STi's, etc.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 AM

Car Info: Slower than the guy with all the money :(
Originally Posted by shaggadelic
you can be like this guy....... he "Had" a sti decided to let a nice old lady perfectly T-bone him at a turn so that the impact would be totalling but just enough to save the powertrain and make a legacy killer..... you see if you seen his car now it is no sti but yet it is! same as ditchhanger....
Seems to me you're forgetting someone !! Probably the only one here who has basically seen and heard it all. You guys really make me wanna come out and remind everyone who has the fastest Suby !!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.5RS-T 2011 Forester Prem. SUBYS FTW
Originally Posted by 2.5 DOHC
Seems to me you're forgetting someone !! Probably the only one here who has basically seen and heard it all. You guys really make me wanna come out and remind everyone who has the fastest Suby !!
Your car never qualified in this Sti class. It's beast mode. Plus Joey is a sell out. That car he has will be mines!!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 AM

Car Info: WRX 2012
AMEN.. Happy wife = Happy Life hahahahah AMEN!

Originally Posted by TheFozz
Built>Bought in most cases as long as you don't give a s#!t about resale value.

Let or encourage the wife to spend some money on her hobby's also.

Happy Wife=Happy Life. End of issue.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:24 PM

Car Info: 99 M3,91 SSM Miata,00 CSP Miata,RX330 DD
well hurry up and fix it so you can show us what's up! lol!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:55 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Originally Posted by corytomo
well hurry up and fix it so you can show us what's up! lol!
This.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by the_truth
Sounds unanimous. I agreed with a lot of the points made for the WRX but it's kinda disappointing not to hear any STi owners come out and defend there choice. I think I will wait on doing power mods for now because a) the car is only 5 months old and b) heck, keep modding my car now and when the next gen comes out pick that STi up and have the best of both worlds.
I'll chime in since I ended up buying an STi over a WRX. I drove the WRX first and liked it but I wasn't quite happy with the stock suspension or shifter feel. When I drove the STi, it felt like a completely different animal, granted I was not able to take over 3K rpm or push it in the corners but I was sold. My situation seems to differ from many of you though since regardless of the car, I did not have any plans to mod. The price difference between the WRX and STi was not a factor for me and I am satisfied with the components I got with the STi. I've got about 24K on the odometer now after over 2 years of ownership and the car in total stock form still brings a smile to my face when I drive it. I have no regrets about buying it and feel this is the greatest car I've ever owned.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with modding your WRX to be even better than a stock STi. True it will never be an authentic STi; it might actually be better and at the end of the day who cares but you? STi fan boys do not matter and for someone to be consumed with things as insignificant as that don't warrant your attention anyway. Happy moddding!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
Originally Posted by gavinn58
True it will never be an authentic STi; it might actually be better and at the end of the day who cares but you?
agree
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
does that Beast still even start Francis?
Old 02-27-2013, 07:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
some people seem to forget that STi is not only a trim level but also a tuning company. like the old argument, why put an STi badge on a RS or WRX when you don't own and STi? Cause I got STi parts, any other questions?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM

Car Info: STi (cornering, accelerating and braking hard).
IMO buy best platform that you can afford from the beginning and start from there. If your end-goal is ultimately an STi (I have a 2004), continue to save up and buy that from the start. Trying to mod a WRX into an STi will probably cost a lot more in the long run.

BTW I like both cars, I just happen to own an STi.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2004 Java Black Pearl STI (Team DownXhift)
Before, I owned a 2.5RS. Moved up to a WRX because of its price point. But now, I currently own a 2004 STi. Back when the 2004 STi came out, it had a 2.5 engine compared to the WRX's 2.0. It also had a bigger turbo, better injectors, bigger intercooler. Back then up until 2008, picking the STi over the wrx was a no brainier. Now, the new gen of WRX like yours has the 2.5 block, so it made the choice much more difficult. Despite the price difference between the WRX trim level vs. the STi, the Brembos brakes, 6 speed transmission, DCCD controls, and upgrade exterior & interior bits. For me, it was worth me going with a STi. Having extra stock horsepower outta the factory to build on, & a globally recognizable badge on it was a bonus. But keep in mind, if you ever, down the road want to sell your ride for the next best thing, STi's will always hold there value better than a WRX....

Quick Reply: Done up WRX still not an STi???