Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

Cruise Control not working on MY00 2.5RS... tried a few things and still not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT Dark Gray Metallic
Exclamation Cruise Control not working on MY00 2.5RS... tried a few things and still not working

Hi,

I've been searching through forums trying to find out why my cruise control doesn't work. The button with the light that activates cruise control lights up, but when I use the stick connected to the steering wheel to set the speed, nothing happens. I've tried a few things so far to no avail:

- Honked the horn: I read that there is a relay that connects the horn and the cruise control so if the horn doesn't work, then that could be the culprit.. however, the horn works
- Checked the fuse and it looks good: I'd be worried because the fuse for the cruise control is also responsible for the ABS ... eek
- Disconnected the battery for a few minutes, pumped the breaks, and put it back on: I read that sometimes the ECU will stop the cruise control from working because of some problem, and resetting it should make it work: didn't work
- I also read that there is a vacuum connection that needs to stay sealed to give pressure to the cruise control... I didn't know what I was looking for so I didn't find it: all hoses I saw were still connected
- Last but not least, I checked under the clutch pedal to see if a "little white plastic disk was still there." I read that this is a sensor that turns cruise control off if the clutch is depressed. Some people reported that theirs fell/broke off and it stopped working. I think I found it but I didn't have a picture to go off of. I found a white disk that hits a button connected to another piece. The other piece was hitting the white disk, causing it to go into itself... so I think that means it's still working

I'm open for any and all suggestions.

Thanks-

~Eric
Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 AM

Car Info: 2000 OBS
Same thing

Just posted this on another thread. My 2K OBS had exactly the same problem, dealer in WV replaced a bushing in the clutch pedal and it stayed fixed for a year. Going back in a few weeks.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 AM

Thanks so much for replying. I was thinking of hooking up with a friend who has the same car and swap the cruise control stick from the steering wheel or the actual cruise control part that is under the hood-pop button... but I haven't done that yet.

What bushing did they replace and how did that make the cruise control stop worknig? If you know...
Old 07-09-2006, 11:34 AM

I can't tell what bushing was replaced, but am moving to WV next week, and will be taking the car in shortly after. WIll try to get details then...
Old 07-09-2006, 03:13 PM

Correction:

Receipt says, "Bearing" not bushing. No part number though. Called them and they had an e-copy but still waiting to do this after my move, soob dealer here essentially wants a blank check for "diagnosis". Perhaps someone has a pdf diagram of the clutch pedal assembly. Saw a site with a complete tech book recently but lost it. I can't imagine there being more than one or two bearings in the whole clutch pedal.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:00 AM

Update: no chance yet to take it back. Lots of problems with the recent move, but will take the next chance to get this done and let you all know...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:02 AM

I fixed the problem. The hose that goes to the cruise control servo behind the airbox came out. People on another board helped me to figure it out.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 AM

Just came back to report the fix was the vacuum hose, glad the word got out. Now just need to pull codes again and/or reset my ecu, see what happens.