Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Clutch Shudder Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 03:33 PM

thanks... im gonna print taht out and take that in.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:48 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Originally posted by Fantabulous
I was just denied the shudder warranty. some bs, they told me they noticed the shudder in all the gears and its definetly the flywheel and clutch, BUT its not covered under warranty. some bs about the clutch is only covered for 12 months
According to an e-mail dated 3/25/2003 that I received from SOA:
"The warranty on your clutch is for 3 years or 36,000 miles
(whichever comes first). "
Old 07-17-2003, 09:40 PM

Car Info: VW
How do your part numbers compare to either of the TSB's??? Are they anthing like the one's I posted above???
Ive got the same #'s you do!
I just had mine done for clutch judder and didnt mention the TSB,
they called said there replacing the fly wheel. when I got it back the judder is gone but still engages hard and doesnt downshift smooth. how bout you?
Old 07-18-2003, 02:58 PM

Car Info: R.I.P. '02 WR Blue Pearl, Hello '05 OBP STi
Subaru still hasn't called yet and it's been a week and a half since they ordered my parts. How long did it take for you guys to get your parts IF they ordered them?
Old 07-19-2003, 09:04 AM

Ahhh... just got back from the dealer, they are going to fix the judder problem. Im so relieved. They are replacing the flywheel, clutch, clutch cover and bolts/washers. Im now waiting for the parts to come in.... thats for all the helps fellas.. ill let you konw how it drives.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:10 AM

Also .. i dont see anything about a new throwout bearing. Do they replace that as well? If not do you think i can pay them extra for them to put in a new TOB while they are doing the clutch? But i dont see why they wont put a new TOB when they are doing the flywheel clutch and pressure plate. And anyone have a price on a TOB?
Old 07-29-2003, 10:09 PM

Got my WRX back today. The clutch is indeed softer and engages a lot easier than the old one. Downshifting is also really smooth too. Overall though, I didn't feel a tremendous difference in the way the car drives. It felt like I was driving the same car I dropped off at the dealer.

I do have a question though.. I was comparing the parts they ordered with the tech bulletin. Everything was the same on the list for the WRX except for the bolts. They ordered the -

800610740 - 8 piece (bolts).

The bulletin says it's for the Leagacy only. Does it matter which bolts they use for clutch?

EDIT: nevermind, I found the updated TSB. Those are the bolts they are supposed to order.

Last edited by WRXRambo; 07-29-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2003, 05:51 AM

anyone ever here of a 04 wrx with a clutch shudder?
Old 08-04-2003, 06:24 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon
Re: cool...

Originally posted by inthedeck
I am glad to see that most people have had good response from dealers with regards to this issue.

I dropped my car off last Tuesday night, and Wednesday afternoon, I received a call from the Service Manager at Rye Ford/Subaru stating that there is an issue, and that they will be ordering all the new parts.

Bummer that I had to leave the car there all week, and being that today is Monday, I am hoping that it's ready, already. I miss driving my car...but I hope that everything turns out alright...as far as the new parts go. Can't wait to drive it, and see how it goes.

As for "break-in" and all that, I suppose I will take it easy for the first few hundred miles, so that there is no chance of the flywheel becoming warped, or whatever. Any other recommedations would be great.

Later, and I will let ya all know how it goes. BTW, my wagon has about 32K on it so far...

i.

How did things work out at Rye Ford/Subaru? I bought mine at Curry Ford/Subaru in Yorktown. I have yet to approach them about the shudder, but thanks to all for the good posts, especially the image of the Bulletin! What a coup!
NY Patrick is a happier camper, now.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:58 PM

Car Info: sc300
I recently took in my Suby to get some transmission parts replaced under warranty, and then without asking they did the clutch judder stuff too. Only problem is I didn't have it before I took it in, now I do! What should I do? Go back and complain or what? thanks

rob
Old 08-16-2003, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by SnoHumper
I recently took in my Suby to get some transmission parts replaced under warranty, and then without asking they did the clutch judder stuff too. Only problem is I didn't have it before I took it in, now I do! What should I do? Go back and complain or what? thanks

rob
Wow. That's odd. Do you have a 2002 Subaru? And what did you take it in for? And did they order you the right parts found in this thread?

Quick Reply: Clutch Shudder Warranty