sti or svt (1/4-mile)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 02:23 AM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by 2002 WRX 4 SALE
i didnt know about it till i just looked at this link.. i didnt know it was a 300 hp go kart. of course it'd spank cars in a rally. i thought you guys were talkin about a car like u can drive on the road.
Once again you fail to pay enough attention to realize this is a street legal car you can drive on the road. Your brain is like a siv when it comes to understanding how things work, just take in what you care about and not anything else. Pay more attention next time and stop with the stupid replies. Oh yeah, go pick up your boyfriend in your bi+chin mustang so you can take up a drive in movie with that two seater.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:49 AM

Car Info: POS
Funny thing is he gets hung up on something that isn't the main point.

2002 WRX 4 SALE:
HP/TQ isn't thly thing when factoring 1/4 times
Old 10-18-2005, 06:20 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by lovesmysuby04
Once again you fail to pay enough attention to realize this is a street legal car you can drive on the road. Your brain is like a siv when it comes to understanding how things work, just take in what you care about and not anything else. Pay more attention next time and stop with the stupid replies. Oh yeah, go pick up your boyfriend in your bi+chin mustang so you can take up a drive in movie with that two seater.

what? because i didnt research to find a go kart with a civic engine? it's not even a car though. you might as well get a porto potty and make a similar "car". that's like saying my street bike can beat your Car. yea i must be stupid though.

again with the gay stuff.... you're the one with a "sooooobaru". just say the name, it feels gay. you have 4 doors, so you can fit "more of your boyfriends" and you gotta sweet wing on the back for that rocketship. i stopped talkin **** but you obviously want me to keep reminding you that your car is more feminine than a mustang ever would be. again, i'd spank your toy car from a stop and a roll. go dump a couple grand into that *** box just to beat an 8 year old "rustang." sure it'll be worth modding a $35k subaru. they hold their value real well.... lol... wrx price = $21500 with tax. not even a full year later at the dealership... "we'd give you $13,000 for trade in. haha those cars have terrible resale cuz theyre a dime a dozen. i will say mustangs are a like but more demand for them. a cobra on the other hand will hold its value longer. i could sell my car now for what i bought it for. can you do that with your sti?? ha.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:27 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
what? because i didnt research to find a go kart with a civic engine? it's not even a car though. you might as well get a porto potty and make a similar "car". that's like saying my street bike can beat your Car. yea i must be stupid though.

again with the gay stuff.... you're the one with a "sooooobaru". just say the name, it feels gay. you have 4 doors, so you can fit "more of your boyfriends" and you gotta sweet wing on the back for that rocketship. i stopped talkin **** but you obviously want me to keep reminding you that your car is more feminine than a mustang ever would be. again, i'd spank your toy car from a stop and a roll. go dump a couple grand into that *** box just to beat an 8 year old "rustang." sure it'll be worth modding a $35k subaru. they hold their value real well.... lol... wrx price = $21500 with tax. not even a full year later at the dealership... "we'd give you $13,000 for trade in. haha those cars have terrible resale cuz theyre a dime a dozen. i will say mustangs are a like but more demand for them. a cobra on the other hand will hold its value longer. i could sell my car now for what i bought it for. can you do that with your sti?? ha.
As a matter of fact I'd make money on selling my car right now. I'd paid 32000 out the door and got tons of miles in a airline tickets at the same time. And for the record, saying a Mustang has a better resale value than a Subaru exemplifies your ignorance. Christ you're a t00l.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
Hmm.. you talk about STi not being a dragster, then you bring in a Cobra to a rally.
If he took it to a rally, it definitely woudn't be the first time a Mustang was in a rally...

Originally Posted by bcristea
January 04 edition of Hotrod Magazine tested new Cobra (390hp) vs STi (300hp) and......

STi beat the cobra in the 1/4
That is Stock Vs Stock.
The question was answered a few pages ago! The stupidity of this thread has reached ctirical mass...

Last edited by PJ2.5RS; 10-18-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:12 AM

i just love how i am stupid when i say facts.
03 cobra > STI in 1/4 with equal drivers.
2002 WRX with like 21,000 miles worth jack sh*t by the end of 03. $13,000 trade in. 98 cobras were closer to $18,000 then.
I am sorry but cobras DO hold value and v6 and GTs do not. it is simple. you don't think $32,000 is a lot of money for a 4 cylinder with a turbo?

This has gone on for a long time and really getting pointless. the same people are jus gonna argue the same points and i will say the same things as well. just don't go thinking i'm ignorant when i've had both cars and experienced performance, resale, and whether the subarus are very overrated because they are.
good day.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:16 AM

i just love how i am stupid when i say facts.
2002 WRX with like 21,000 miles worth jack sh*t by the end of 03. $13,000 trade in. 98 cobras were closer to $18,000 then.
I am sorry but cobras DO hold value and v6 and GTs do not. it is simple. you don't think $32,000 is a lot of money for a 4 cylinder with a turbo?

This has gone on for a long time and really getting pointless. the same people are jus gonna argue the same points and i will say the same things as well. just don't go thinking i'm ignorant when i've had both cars and experienced performance, resale, and whether the subarus are very overrated because they are.
good day.
Actually, I ment some of the other posters with regards to the 'stupid' comment.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:32 AM

Actually the Atom can beat a street bike:
but again the car isn't the point, it's that horse power and torque numbers aren't everything.

Here is the Atom beating a bike:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3&q=ariel+atom

03 cobra > STI in 1/4 with equal drivers
maybe, but I have yet to see that and only hear you saying it.

you don't think $32,000 is a lot of money for a 4 cylinder with a turbo?
and 6 speed, 3 diffs, good stock suspension, brembo brakes, etc.

You know I have to ask....What the f()ck is your problem? Seriously do you have something against import cars? I'm a car enthusiast and like a car no matter its country of origin. You're a sad fan boy that makes it out like the Cobra is NASAs next source of power to launch the space shuttle in to orbit. Grow up and move on, why bother coming to a car forum if you don't even like the cars it’s supporting? That's sad.

We have tried many times to show you that a cobra vs. STi ¼ race would be close and most likely come down to driver. We also showed you that just because a car makes X hp and Y tq doesn’t mean it will beat another car with less hp&tq. You've said what you have to say and we do not agree, move along and go back to your close minded cobra forum that spawns idiots like yourself.

Great we already heard your opinion now move the along.

LOL the only reason you joined i-club was to sell your car. Is it sold? If yes keep on moving and bother coming back.

Guys this guy is a tool, take a look at this post from last year:
I've had 4 mustangs, 2 of them cobras. I sold my WRX to get another cobra. you have to be on crack to think a stock WRX can take any manual v8 mustang (a good drive could beat a 96-98 GT, but from 87-2004 all GT or better 5 speeds are faster than a stock WRX). I don't care about your AWD and launch. THe way i drove my car I took AWD cars off the line and i had 4.10 gears. when i had the wrx, i raced my friends 96 mystic cobra which was stock. I got my *** handed to me everytime. no i am not a bad driver, he actually is. i took him till the end of 2nd gear and then he left me like i was driving in reverse. and from a roll, forget about it. the roush 2 is a GT with a body kit and exhaust and suspension work. a 96+ cobra with exhaust 4.10 gears will beat an STi from a roll and with a good driver, will beat it from a stop. i am not even going to reply again if i get people telling me i am sayin BS because it's not. the mach 1 ran 13.1 stock, it is underrated. it has closer to 345 hp and 360 tq. the 03 cobra is the best car you can buy for the money. i don't even miss my WRX at all.
Sound familar

Last edited by silentbob343; 10-18-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:14 AM

and my opinions stay the same. it's not like i'm making it up!
the thread is not about technology.
it is about a drag race. i know the cobra weighs more and that a lighter car with the same power or less can win. again it doesnt have to do with the post. a 425 hp 425 ft/tq 3500 lb. rear wheel drive car will beat a 300 hp/ 300 tq 3000 lb. awd car. it's really only the awd that gives the sti the jump till 2nd gear, not it's weight difference. close race from a stop. that's it. cobra plays catch up and reels the sti in like it's going backwards.
i even thought about an sti, but resale, styling, 4 doors, big $ to make it fast the way i want it to be... not worth it. i saw a new one today in black.. sooo ugly. what did they do to the front end...dropping $30k+ for a car and losing to bolt-on mustangs would suck!! then dumping another $3000 into it to make it a very fast car.... then you gotta think about the future of the car and resale which is not very high for subarus.
awd is great. yea u can drive like an a-hole in the rain. what's the point. it's not like my "sloppy cobra" is gonna just fly off the road in the rain ha. cobras have brembo brakes too... bigger rotors than your little subaru. new ones are 6 speed too with independent rear ( i like my solid rear better though). how am i close minded if i had a wrx? i gave imports a chance and saw how overrated they are. mustang has the essentials of what you need for comfort, reliability, speed and performance. awd, yea great for bad weather and auto-x. not too much of that goin on in CT. i dunno what else to say.... you don't wanna hear it anyway or even listen. so whatever.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 AM

From Vishnu's website:

Stage 3: $4K
0-60 in 4.2
1/4 mile in 12.6 @ 108mph

Buy that used, depreciated WRX, get it to a good tuner and for under $20K you're running in the 12s.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hurucan
From Vishnu's website:

Stage 3: $4K
0-60 in 4.2
1/4 mile in 12.6 @ 108mph

Buy that used, depreciated WRX, get it to a good tuner and for under $20K you're running in the 12s.
Wow a twelve second wrx for less than 20g's. sounds like a deal to me. So 2002 gave subaru a chance and you didn't like it, go cry to somebody who cares.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 PM

it is about a drag race.
uh-huh

even thought about an sti, but resale, styling, 4 doors, big $ to make it fast the way i want it to be... not worth it. i saw a new one today in black.. sooo ugly. what did they do to the front end...dropping $30k+ for a car and losing to bolt-on mustangs would suck!! then dumping another $3000 into it to make it a very fast car.... then you gotta think about the future of the car and resale which is not very high for subarus.
awd is great. yea u can drive like an a-hole in the rain. what's the point. it's not like my "sloppy cobra" is gonna just fly off the road in the rain ha. cobras have brembo brakes too... bigger rotors than your little subaru. new ones are 6 speed too with independent rear ( i like my solid rear better though). how am i close minded if i had a wrx? i gave imports a chance and saw how overrated they are. mustang has the essentials of what you need for comfort, reliability, speed and performance. awd, yea great for bad weather and auto-x. not too much of that goin on in CT. i dunno what else to say.... you don't wanna hear it anyway or even listen. so whatever.
Now it's about all that other ****.......Your reading comprehension sucks by the way.

you said:
you don't think $32,000 is a lot of money for a 4 cylinder with a turbo?

to which I replied with:
and 6 speed, 3 diffs, good stock suspension, brembo brakes, etc.

meaning you are paying for more than just a motor and turbo, you get other "fancy" stuff. How much did you tihnk the 03 Cobra listed for, it wasn't cheap? I think it's funny...I guess a car has to have a V8 to by worth $30,000 or more, is that what you are trying to say? So I guess you would never buy an M3 CSL, if you could in the US, since it's only a six right? I mean the STi and Cobra have similar upgrades it's just that the cobra has V8 so it's worth the 30K?

Anyway, we already heard your opinion, hasn't changed since 12/04, but the fact is it's a drivers game between the STi and cobra in the 1/4. I have numbers from the two cars to show me , both cars yield similar 1/4 times, many in favor of the STi, and nothing you say changes that fact. You say the cobra has 360 WHP, great we heard that, but it doesn't change the 1/4 mile times which are still very close, so again, move along. You say a proper driver in a cobra can be an STi, great we heard you, now move along.

Oh I love american muscle cars, but you can't deny they are simply out classed by other cars:
7:18 --- Donkervoort D8 RS (sport auto 12/2004) <--- 1.8 liter engine, 350 hp
7:50 --- BMW X5 Le Mans - Hans Stuck (2001) <--- big *** SUV
7:50 --- BMW E46 M3 CSL (sport auto 08/2003)
7:56 --- Honda NSX-R - Motoharu Kurosawa, Best Motoring International
8:09 --- Honda NSX-R - (sport auto 08/2002)
8:11 --- Porsche Cayman S (Walter Rohrl - sport auto 07/2005) <--- cheap, low powered entry level Porsche (lol?)
8:13 --- BMW E60 M5 (sport auto 12/2004) <--- big *** four door luxury sedan
8:13 --- Dodge Viper SRT-10, 506 PS (sport auto 10/2004)
8:16 --- Honda NSX (Best Motoring video "Carrera Invasion") <--- 70kg heavier than the NSX-R

You never gave the WRX a chance because you had such a negative mindset against it. You said what you wanted to, now you can go with a clear concious.

Last edited by silentbob343; 10-18-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
LMAO! I couldnt think of a more appropriate thread for this video, its posted up in the video section here........

Toyota Supra(turbo) vs. SVT Cobra (supercharged)

the best part is....the Supra kills the Cobra 3 times in a row....even the driver of the Cobra is like "Holy ****! that thing is FAAAAAST!"

Then the Cobra races a boosted Mazda RX7.....and BARELY pulled on him......and I emphasize "barely," and thats a ROTARY Powered car at that.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/videos-142/best-supra-vid-old-but-good-114869/

nuff said.....

Mods......this thread can now be closed......please.....
Old 10-18-2005, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
LMAO! I couldnt think of a more appropriate thread for this video, its posted up in the video section here........

Toyota Supra(turbo) vs. SVT Cobra (supercharged)

the best part is....the Supra kills the Cobra 3 times in a row....even the driver of the Cobra is like "Holy ****! that thing is FAAAAAST!"

Then the Cobra races a boosted Mazda RX7.....and BARELY pulled on him......and I emphasize "barely," and thats a ROTARY Powered car at that.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114869

nuff said.....

Mods......this thread can now be closed......please.....

if i only knew how to post videos.. i have ones of turbo cobras peeing on everything. supra vs. tt cobra as well.
wow you can find races that happened that show a cobra losing.
i'm sure there's way more of them winning.

it's ok though. i'll just keep beating subarus and teach them one by one. damn and i dont even have an 03 yet
Old 10-18-2005, 05:42 PM

Watch out or he'll buy his 03 a smoke everyone, including awd skylines and 1200cc hyabusa's. This guy blows more head than a whale blows water.

Quick Reply: sti or svt (1/4-mile)