sti or svt (1/4-mile)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 WRX
wrx4sale, get over it, 03 cobras are sick, 04-06 sti's are sick, if you don't agree then you're a f*g and not a true car enthusiast.....so just leave already.

I love and appreciate all types of cars, domestics, imports, sports car or tuner car it doesn't matter to me as long as its fast. I hope that alot of the other people here have the same or similar view as me, whether its wrc or top fuel drag my adrenaline still gets pumpin all the same.

The STi runs a low 13 stock..........that's fu*king fast for turbo 4 whether you admit it or not, it is was it is = FAST

the 03 cobra runs a low 13 stock......of course its traction challenged and capable of a faster et

PERIOD END OF STORY, NO ONE CARES IF THE COBRA IS ABLE TO RUN A 9 SEC ET AND IS STILL STREETABLE.

they are completely different cars, with completely different purposes for being built, and are not even in the same class, v8-boxer4, awd-rwd, the only similarity is the price and to be honest i'd rather have an STi-its just a better built car than any domestic will ever be.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:06 PM

Car Info: POS
Originally Posted by case1
wrx4sale, get over it, 03 cobras are sick, 04-06 sti's are sick, if you don't agree then you're a f*g and not a true car enthusiast.....so just leave already.

I love and appreciate all types of cars, domestics, imports, sports car or tuner car it doesn't matter to me as long as its fast. I hope that alot of the other people here have the same or similar view as me, whether its wrc or top fuel drag my adrenaline still gets pumpin all the same.

The STi runs a low 13 stock..........that's fu*king fast for turbo 4 whether you admit it or not, it is was it is = FAST

the 03 cobra runs a low 13 stock......of course its traction challenged and capable of a faster et

PERIOD END OF STORY, NO ONE CARES IF THE COBRA IS ABLE TO RUN A 9 SEC ET AND IS STILL STREETABLE.

they are completely different cars, with completely different purposes for being built, and are not even in the same class, v8-boxer4, awd-rwd, the only similarity is the price and to be honest i'd rather have an STi-its just a better built car than any domestic will ever be.

exactly what I've been trying to say and since he hasn't responded I'm assuming he finally got the point and will let this thread die.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by case1

I couldn't have said it better myself! THANK YOU!

<attempt at changing subject>
So a few weeks ago, I was watching ESPN and they had the Top Fuel Drags on in HI Definition AND surround sound! HOLY ****! Those monsters were making my walls shake! I LOVED IT! The announcers even acknowledged how good it would sound on a home theatre, and stopped talking for like 5 minutes so you could just hear the races......Lemme tell ya.....that was the coolest thing I have seen or heard on tv to date......just plain WOW!

</attempt at changing subject>
Old 10-26-2005, 05:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
i'm not over here crying. this whole thing is no big deal. it is ONLINE. we are all losers for even writing back and forth to eachother. yeah STi's are quick. i was defending the cobra though so i was the bad guy. all i am saying is that a pretty good driver will get the 03/04 cobra to run consistent 12.8's which an Sti has not done stock. That's all!! big debate over nothing but opinion other than that. i don't have time to keep checking on this. what people say, especially online, does not bother me. i stopped replying because i don't care anymore but this is like the 4th email notification so yea... a fast car is a fast car and a good driver makes the difference. gotta go watch the whitesox get the sweep.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2002 WRX 4 SALE
i'm not over here crying. this whole thing is no big deal. it is ONLINE. we are all losers for even writing back and forth to eachother. yeah STi's are quick. i was defending the cobra though so i was the bad guy. all i am saying is that a pretty good driver will get the 03/04 cobra to run consistent 12.8's which an Sti has not done stock. That's all!! big debate over nothing but opinion other than that. i don't have time to keep checking on this. what people say, especially online, does not bother me. i stopped replying because i don't care anymore but this is like the 4th email notification so yea... a fast car is a fast car and a good driver makes the difference. gotta go watch the whitesox get the sweep.

OMFG. I read through the whole thing. I need an advil.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by wrx~god
OMFG. I read through the whole thing. I need an advil.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! I'm sorry to hear that......there should be a warning or disclaimer somewhere in the first couple of posts....LOLOLOL "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS! DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE A WHOLE LOT OF TIME AND END UP WITH A HEADACHE!"
Old 02-18-2006, 05:40 PM

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L Storm Titanium EJ18T
hate to egg on this cool guy but

-they are apples and oranges
-svt is butt ugly

and sti and kill svts in twisties, dirt, and snow. and if you care so much about mustangs why not go to a mustang forum and talk there because thtey willagree with you.
i used to have a 69 candy apple red mustang to. hehe
Attached Thumbnails sti or svt (1/4-mile)-stang.jpg  
Old 02-18-2006, 10:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru WRX STi
Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
Hmm.. you talk about STi not being a dragster, then you bring in a Cobra to a rally. The statement disputes itself.

Well, an STi should be able to take on a Cobra in a 1/4 mile drag. Anything beyond that hands down to the Cobra.
:rotfl: An STi won't even come close to beating a Cobra in the 1/4 unless the driver of the Cobra is an absolute tool....
Old 02-19-2006, 07:42 AM

this thread only took like 6 months to get a person that knows what is up.
no one said STi's are slow. I was just saying the cobra is faster.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2002 WRX 4 SALE
this thread only took like 6 months to get a person that knows what is up.
no one said STi's are slow. I was just saying the cobra is faster.
STis surely aren't slow, but Cobras will stomp them. The decision one needs to make is what is more important; a car "full package" or a "1-trick pony." The STi accelerates fast enough to be fun and it shines through the corners. The Cobra will push you back in the seat but once you hit a corner you're going to be gritting your teeth. 3600-3700 lbs and a quick corner entry don't bode well....

I chose the "full package."
Old 02-22-2006, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Why is this arguement still going on? i know more than a few people personally that have BLOWN, DESTROYED, POPPED, SENT RODS THROUGH THE HOOD on their mustangs by doing a simple burnout or whipping a few donuts.... im talking NEW cars not to mention i have a video of a BRAND NEW saleen in japan doing a hi speed run with a skyline and blowing his motor trying to keep up.... as long as you have a couple motors laying around and you dont mind having an interior that was designed in 1996 and falls apart if you look at it wrong then a mustang is fine
Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
Why is this arguement still going on? i know more than a few people personally that have BLOWN, DESTROYED, POPPED, SENT RODS THROUGH THE HOOD on their mustangs by doing a simple burnout or whipping a few donuts.... im talking NEW cars not to mention i have a video of a BRAND NEW saleen in japan doing a hi speed run with a skyline and blowing his motor trying to keep up.... as long as you have a couple motors laying around and you dont mind having an interior that was designed in 1996 and falls apart if you look at it wrong then a mustang is fine
There are just as many STis that have gone out there with overboosted motors brought on by the incompetence of over-excited know-nothings. Don't sit here and act like every Cobra that's on the road blows a motor because it was doing a "simple burnout" or "trying to keep up with a Skyline." There are PLENTY of Skylines that won't come close to even TOUCHING a boosted Cobra.

I guess since you've "seen a video" of a Cobra blowing its motor, that makes you the expert on them.....

And FWIW, the STi's interior is NOTHING to rave about. The interior belongs in that of a $16,000 car, not a $32,000 car.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MOPAR Baby!! yeeaaaahhh
Im not talking about modded engines or even the blown cobras in particular im talking about NA 4.6's with bolt ons..... im talking like FIVE PEOPLE I PERSONALLY KNOW that have blown mustang motors.... i like cobras myself but i hate when people try to compare cars that arent even on the same level that were clearly built for totally different purposes
Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 PM

Im not talking about modded engines or even the blown cobras in particular im talking about NA 4.6's with bolt ons..... im talking like FIVE PEOPLE I PERSONALLY KNOW that have blown mustang motors.... i like cobras myself but i hate when people try to compare cars that arent even on the same level that were clearly built for totally different purposes
1. dohc cobra motor is one of the strongest motors. check on the mustang forums. they're lasting over 180,000 miles and still going. i've never had a problem with a 5.0 or DOHC 4.6. and the 03/04 are forged iron blocks.. so i still don't know what you're talkin about

2. interior.. opinion. i had a wrx and thought the interior was cheap and had a terrible sound system. mach 460 in the mustang doesnt even need an upgrade and it actually has leather. rather than your 30k+ car w/o leather or a stereo. plus have you even sat in an 03/04 cobra. those are some pretty f'n comfortable seats. suede inserts on the leather... but whatver you know everything

3. and yes both cars have been designed for different purposes but the bottom line is everyone will still drag race and race from a roll. it's just plain stupid to rally on backroads.

laterrrr
Old 02-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Well, not to argue, but Ford did claim that the Cobra was built for "track duty." I don't see it happening that way.

If the people you know are blowing their motors, they're seriously doing something wrong as far as modding them, or driving them. I know plenty of people with 4.6L Mustangs and the only problem that they seem to have in common is blowing up their weak 5 speeds. Two guys I used to work with had Mustangs. One was a '99 (?) Cobra (320 hp) and another one was a '99 GT. I ran them both on the highway and they BOTH downshifted from about 50-60 mph to 3rd gear. Coincidence that they blew their transmissions? Hmmmm. Who knows.

As far as the supercharged Cobras are concerned, those blocks are some of the strongest blocks out there. It is NOT unheard of to push 650-700 hp through the stock block.

Quick Reply: sti or svt (1/4-mile)