sti or svt (1/4-mile)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
OK so basically you talked all this shiet about how you'd whip all our asses on the track. Well what track are you at? I've got an STi and stock it runs a 13.1. Care to race a modded one since you have mods yourself?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Called out again, Oh wait here comes another excuse.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
OK so basically you talked all this shiet about how you'd whip all our asses on the track. Well what track are you at? I've got an STi and stock it runs a 13.1. Care to race a modded one since you have mods yourself?
its 2 and a half hours away at englishtown. well now that it is has rained for a week straight i'm not gonna be going tomorrow like i planned for the mustang vs. the world event. i'll try to go nov 3rd i think for imports v. domestic. like i said i didnt ever say my car was the fastest but it could beat 90% of your cars. a modded sti should beat me in the 1/4 but not after. you cannot F up once cuz i'll blow past you in an instant. and from a roll, a modded sti would go down.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:15 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Originally Posted by 2002 WRX 4 SALE
a modded sti should beat me.
Did I read this correctly, Is he accepting defeat? I think we found his cryptonite, a modded STI.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:20 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
its 2 and a half hours away at englishtown. well now that it is has rained for a week straight i'm not gonna be going tomorrow like i planned for the mustang vs. the world event. i'll try to go nov 3rd i think for imports v. domestic. like i said i didnt ever say my car was the fastest but it could beat 90% of your cars. a modded sti should beat me in the 1/4 but not after. you cannot F up once cuz i'll blow past you in an instant. and from a roll, a modded sti would go down.

You'd like to think so. I know of many STis that would make your car look like Ford Focus in reverse from a roll. If you're struggling to run a 13 than they're are plenty of modded STis out there that would bet you in every aspect of motorsports. Roll, quarter, auto-x you'd get biatch smacked and of course dirt you don't stand a chance.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
You'd like to think so. I know of many STis that would make your car look like Ford Focus in reverse from a roll. If you're struggling to run a 13 than they're are plenty of modded STis out there that would bet you in every aspect of motorsports. Roll, quarter, auto-x you'd get biatch smacked and of course dirt you don't stand a chance.
ehh i dunno. havent gotten beat. supposedly this kid has was with 370hp... i doubt it gained 70 from intake and exhaust but we'll see when he wants tor race.
yeah big deal, yea a car that can run mid 12s should beat me. not by that much tho. thats like me gettin killed by an 03 cobra. which id also like to race because if the driver sucks i can win. u dont see many stock 03s though. i'd be behind the sti from a dead stop, catch up in 3rd and pull away. against an 03 cobra i'd probably stay even till the middle of 3rd and then just get destroyed. it's on the launch with the sti. it would take a lot to beat me from a roll so why would i be embarrsed if a near 400hp car that weighs almost 400 lbs less could win? i'd still take my car over it though. less than half the price of an sti and just as fast for my purposes. there's of plently of mods i can still do.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Name:  balllllss1.gif
Views: 24
Size:  217.1 KB
Old 10-15-2005, 11:08 AM

haha
Old 10-15-2005, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN

off topic but that is funny
Old 10-16-2005, 04:06 AM

Car Info: POS
i'm not arguing the point anymore. the cobra is faster than the STi. It's a fact. Go look at stangnet.com or svtperformance.com for time slips. even the mach 1's are hitting 13.1 bone stock. get real. these bad drivers are giving the mustang a bad name. It's actually better this way because when an STi meets a cobra on the road they'll soon find out who's faster. 105 is complete bs for a trap speed on an 03. try 113. my 98 cobra will pee on an STi right now as well.

Different tracks yield different times, hell go out to AZ=heat or colorado=altitude and see if you are running your regualr time. Unless you know what track they are running at you can't say anything.

What is a fact is that stock to stock it's a driver game

and any 96+ bolt-on cobras can take an sti. they are dohc and redline at 6800.
wow you can modify a car so it's faster than an off-the-lot stock STi.....Anyway, yeah in the US the STi redlines at 7000 RPM, but anywhere that has a 2.0L Sti can rev it out to 8K. That last bit was as meaningless as your bolt on quote in case you were wondering because in NA we don't get the high revving 2.0.

Why are you so caught up on crank HP numbers? It's to the wheels that matters and for the 03-04 Cobra it seems to 360ish. I would also be interested to know what correction factor was used usually it's 1.XX so you take the real wheel HP and multiply be that factor. If I knew the correction factor I could get the true HP that was measured and not some pie in the sky perfect condition result.

here are some equations with made up numbers to illustrate how it works.
330x1.25correction factor=412.0
330x1.10=363

Another thing, as many others have pointed out, is that peak horse power doesn't mean everything. Over a NASIOC there is a guy with an STi and he has a brother with a modded WRX. WRX has typical go-fast mods and a VF-39 turbo, US STi turbo if you don't know, he put down 318HP and 300TQ. The guy with the STi puts down 318HP and 352TQ on the same dyno, but his brother's WRX can beat him from a roll. Why? Many reasons; weight, transmisson 5vs6 speed, WRX motor is able to hold power longer up to 7200 RPM, etc.

"The vf39 holds boost much better in the 2.0 than in the 2.5 as you can tell by looking at the dyno charts. Even though I have much more torque this advantage goes away quickly. Between the longer gears and more sustained boost at high RPM a vf39 in the WRX will be faster than a vf39'd STI"

Now perhaps the STi wasn't tuned as well and could make the same power to redline as the WRX, but the point is HP isn't everything. Another example for you; I just saw a video of a modded WRX with 372HP&271TQ that ran the 1/4 in 11.68. We know a stcok cobra is putting out 360ish HP, or so the dyno plots say, and I'm sure it has more torque than that WRX. Numbers aren't everything and you can't say off hand that X car is faster than Y car just based on the numbers. I know you are going to show show me a modified 9 second mustang and that's not the point of my example , it's simply to show that HP numbers don't determine the winner of a drag race.

Yeah mags aren't the best, but various publications show simialar times and that tells me it's pretty close to what normal drivers can expect to see from their cars. I'm sure John Force could make any car faster than your avg. joe, but not everybody can drive like John Force.

hmm still no response?

Last edited by silentbob343; 10-17-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?

I hate to bust your bubble over there, but these mustangs are NOT in stock form as they were from the factory.......so is that what it takes for your "godly mustang" to keep up with a N/A Honda Civic SI powered FACTORY, BONE STOCK car? LMAO thats a good one.......and about your 10L mustang........I'd like to point out the fact that right in the title it clearly states "CONCEPT," meaning this car is NOT being produced for consumers to buy, and it may not EVER see production for that matter.
heh it's a supercharged Si motor, but a bad *** car nontheless.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by silentbob343
heh it's a supercharged Si motor, but a bad *** car nontheless.

The supercharged motor is an option, actually there are 2 supercharger options(275bhp OR 300bhp), but as standard equipment, there are 2 motor options, both are N/A. One motor option is the GM Ecotec 4cyl Cobalt motor, the other is the Civic SI motor. Here's a link, check out:

features and Specs > Specifications AND
features and Specs > Options

To see all engine/tranny options.....but yes, the one I linked to that you were talking about is the supercharged option, good call.

http://www.arielatom.com/ariel/site.php
Old 10-17-2005, 05:00 PM

The supercharged motor is an option, actually there are 2 supercharger options(275bhp OR 300bhp), but as standard equipment, there are 2 motor options, both are N/A. One motor option is the GM Ecotec 4cyl Cobalt motor, the other is the Civic SI motor. Here's a link, check out:

To see all engine/tranny options.....but yes, the one I linked to that you were talking about is the supercharged option, good call.

i didnt know about it till i just looked at this link.. i didnt know it was a 300 hp go kart. of course it'd spank cars in a rally. i thought you guys were talkin about a car like u can drive on the road.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:43 PM

you can, it's road legal you get a taxstamp and everything it'll go over speed bumbs and what have you. Again was to show you other factors that effect how fast a car can go and just not HP/TQ.

Last edited by silentbob343; 10-17-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 PM

Yeah and you can also get the optional big brake kit and other options, but the only performance numbers I've seen or read about have been in reference to the supercharged Si version.

Quick Reply: sti or svt (1/4-mile)