Car Lounge General automotive talk not specific to Subaru.

Nissan Skylines

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 02:20 AM

Car Info: 04 STi blk cloaked team blew member
Originally Posted by Monoxide
The ONLY reason that the skylines only put out 277 was because Japan had a 280HP limit out of the factory. Skyline > STi
This is true with all their performance cars. No matter how you covet this toaster It can never be recognized as a would class sport car because it has never won anything anywhere other than Japan. If this toaster was such great performance car, why did they not export it? Surely Nissan didn't think it would win everything causing people to want to buy it and they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand."say NO to drugs"
Old 09-29-2005, 09:48 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by truWRXtacy
i think they're selling a nismo GTR limiteed production for like 280k lol
its the NISMO R34 GT-R Skyline Z-tune, and its for $190K. 1/4mile in under 11 seconds, 500hp, 400tq, Ohlins double-adjustable coilovers, carbon flared/notched fenders, carbon hood, NISMO Z1 2.8L block and NISMO spec race head, titanium exhaust, NISMO/RAYS forged wheels, ths thing is pure sex on wheels....
Old 09-29-2005, 09:50 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by mw1029h
This is true with all their performance cars. No matter how you covet this toaster It can never be recognized as a would class sport car because it has never won anything anywhere other than Japan. If this toaster was such great performance car, why did they not export it? Surely Nissan didn't think it would win everything causing people to want to buy it and they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand."say NO to drugs"
they did export it, it Great Britain. and it won in numerous venues... drag, rally, road... its been banned from competition in AUstralia. the R32 won there for four years straight before the wussie Aussies decided to change the rules so you can only run RWD and V8... ugh, the birth of V8 SUpercar...
Old 09-29-2005, 12:56 PM

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon
Sure, the Sti can "spank" a stock Skyline, just the same as an srt-4 can "spank" a 740i. That doesn't mean that given the choice I would jump in a neon over the bimmer. The skyline is not a budget racer, but is more of a luxury performance sedan (with plenty of both). Apples and oranges...
Old 09-29-2005, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Uhm do you think that by continuously writing "say NO to drugs" that you sound any more intelligent than you really are?

Come on now...writing that the STi will spank the Skyline is just ridiculous. The two cars are not really in the same class. You should go Skyline Hunting sometime this weekend and come back and report to us how you did in your STi.

Here's how I see it if you compare the cars to the muscle car era:

STi & EVO = Camaro and Mustang

Skyline, Supra, RX7 = Corvette

BTW - the reason why they did not sell the Skyline here in the USA is that they didn't think there'd be a market for a super high performance AWD coupe/sedan...Subaru proved them wrong with the introduction of the WRX. Basically, Nissan felt that the typical US consumer wouldn't buy a high performance vehicle unless it looked like a sports car such as a Corvette or Viper.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:29 PM

Talking

What I'm saying is you're getting ripped off if you buy a Skyline, Its not worth the money you would have to pay to own one here. So in that case the car is without question the most overly rate car out there. 190k for an 500hp 11 sec car does that sound right. That car is a fools joke."Say NO to drugs" is used because ppl who believe in this toaster need to. This web site is cool but very quite at times, I believe in what i'm saying and I wanted to stir the pot.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by rau
they did export it, it Great Britain. and it won in numerous venues... drag, rally, road... its been banned from competition in AUstralia. the R32 won there for four years straight before the wussie Aussies decided to change the rules so you can only run RWD and V8... ugh, the birth of V8 SUpercar...
Post any site where I can look this up thanks. I've seen the car's performance at the 24hrs at Spa and Lemans. it even rained and the Skyline couldn't get it done with it's all wheel drive. Say No to Drugs

Last edited by mw1029h; 09-29-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by bpang1
Uhm do you think that by continuously writing "say NO to drugs" that you sound any more intelligent than you really are?

Come on now...writing that the STi will spank the Skyline is just ridiculous. The two cars are not really in the same class. You should go Skyline Hunting sometime this weekend and come back and report to us how you did in your STi.

Here's how I see it if you compare the cars to the muscle car era:

STi & EVO = Camaro and Mustang

Skyline, Supra, RX7 = Corvette

BTW - the reason why they did not sell the Skyline here in the USA is that they didn't think there'd be a market for a super high performance AWD coupe/sedan...Subaru proved them wrong with the introduction of the WRX. Basically, Nissan felt that the typical US consumer wouldn't buy a high performance vehicle unless it looked like a sports car such as a Corvette or Viper.
please don't compare a Skyline with a Corvette, although It would take almost all 3 of those(skyline Supra rx7) to be the Corvettes equal. I'm not even a Vette fan but it is what it is. Say No to Drugs
Old 09-30-2005, 06:49 AM

Car Info: '02 wrx
stop crying
Old 09-30-2005, 06:58 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
What I'm saying is you're getting ripped off if you buy a Skyline, Its not worth the money you would have to pay to own one here. So in that case the car is without question the most overly rate car out there. 190k for an 500hp 11 sec car does that sound right. That car is a fools joke."Say NO to drugs" is used because ppl who believe in this toaster need to. This web site is cool but very quite at times, I believe in what i'm saying and I wanted to stir the pot.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........sounds to me like you're in denial. For the record.. I love Vettes but in serious competitions they're dogs on the track (them and the Vipers get murdered regularly but the Audis and Porsches). Don't burn your lip on that pipe.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:04 AM

Take note of what the pole looks like for Okayama (JGTC). And guess what engines those are running?
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 AM

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/ind...d=54&Itemid=66

7 of Japan's fastest street cars met on the weekend of 5-7 November 1999 for an open challenge and the Veilside R34 ate the competition. This consisted of RX7, Supra, WRX, MX5, EVO and Aristo.

The truth is in the article.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:25 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
This guy is in serious denial
Old 09-30-2005, 01:22 PM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
Originally Posted by View Askew
ROFL, you think the skyline is ugly and prefer the ugly STI and EVO? You need a headcheck.... :x
So true .. none of these cars are known to look good. They all look muscular and mean but not exactly automotive art.

I'd pick the Skyline GTR over the STI or Evo in terms of looks. 2 door sports car vs 4 door sedans. The motor and drivetrain is stout and easy to obtain insane amounts of power. You simply do not buy a Skyline for its looks, its the whole package.

And yes, they are overpriced here in the states because it was never sold by Nissan but overseas it is a great performance bargain. For under 20K you can have your R32 or R33 turbo AWD beast and huge gains with some simple bolt-ons.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.........sounds to me like you're in denial. For the record.. I love Vettes but in serious competitions they're dogs on the track (them and the Vipers get murdered regularly but the Audis and Porsches). Don't burn your lip on that pipe.
Obviously you don't no much about racing making a statement like that "say no to drug"

Quick Reply: Nissan Skylines