Yay for car profiling, first experience with hood popping and pissy cops.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
A bike is technically a "vehicle" and it is illegal to operate any vehicle while under the influence. So, maybe you should stop.
ummm yeah...that was like 10 years ago. besides i wasn't saying BUI is wrong, I was saying it's plain stupid. the dmca may be the law, but it's plain stupid. one doesn't exclude the other and the fact that Davis PD enforces that **** is stupid.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2005 Chevy Cobalt
sorry to hear about that davis guys..... our barnes and noble meets have gotten drive bys by cops, but we havent ever been rolled up on. the only ppl that roll up on us are srts and rednecks in big *** trucks. almost every meet some new retard neon revs its engine and speeds off..wtf is with them? most fairfield cops dont seem to care about our mods though. we will see tomarrow night though.

post the video and pics asap
darkonion i thought you went to csus??? did you transfer?

-wrxtunerd (my damn gf didnt log out.......wtf)
Old 01-11-2007, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
^ my bad
Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by iClubnCblt
sorry to hear about that davis guys..... our barnes and noble meets have gotten drive bys by cops, but we havent ever been rolled up on. the only ppl that roll up on us are srts and rednecks in big *** trucks. almost every meet some new retard neon revs its engine and speeds off..wtf is with them? most fairfield cops dont seem to care about our mods though. we will see tomarrow night though.

Nah man. I was always at UCD. Maybe one month... we'll cruise down and meet up with you guys or something. We have a pretty decent sized group. We had 12 last night or something.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Car Info: SRP Bugeye
Originally Posted by iClubnCblt

So far, in Fairfield, the cops have been okay. They go to Chipotle just a ways down and never bother us (and we dont bother them) From what i hear its just the Sac/Davis and SF cops.

That is exactly what I dont want to happen at our meets! (in fact, i just brought it up a bit ago on our forums). I dont know what the outcome would be becuase mostly everyone is military. I dont have to worry because my car is new, and im broke, therefore its stock. But I also dont know when to shut up and would probably ask a million questions if someone pulled over or harrasses sam. okay, im done.

+1 for idiots revving their POS's and asking stupid questions at Round Table.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Car Info: Sline
Yeah, one of the reasons we had the meet where we did is becuase it's a low traffic area so we don't get hassled by ricers.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Car Info: SRP Bugeye
Originally Posted by jvick125
Yeah, one of the reasons we had the meet where we did is becuase it's a low traffic area so we don't get hassled by ricers.
That sucks. Didn't you guys have a meet in Davis in a shopping center? i recall going to one.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by SubieBabe
That sucks. Didn't you guys have a meet in Davis in a shopping center? i recall going to one.

have you gone to a davis meet before?
might be thinking of the wrong person, but are you rockin's friend who used to work at the library?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Maybe for February, we'll roll into your meet. Opportunity to meet you guys. We are currently exploring other places where we can have meets.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
our meet this friday is going to be over 15-20 cars most likely so you should all drop in and come to dinner! we have no cop issues and can fill that barnes and noble parking lot! its right off 80 and 15 minutes drive from Davis!!! you guys should all come and check it out, it will be hella fun.

are any of you going to the dyno day? if so, any want to meet up and drive down?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:49 AM

Car Info: White Z33
and i'm back! just read the whole thing (yes i have no life). umm... guess i've got nothing to contribute... so lets see those pics and vids? yay, oh yeah, i have one thing to say. DAMNIT kevin, how could you mix up the dates. I was planning on coming to the meet today also. You clown. Peace

ChiShi
Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 AM

Car Info: Sline
As a request from the "victim" the arrest video will not be posted. But the rest of the pictures and other videos will be.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 AM

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Davis PD are dicks. Even worse...they have bike cops. I"m not talking about cops on Harleys or BMW motorcycles. I'm talking about dick cops on Trek and Gary Fisher bicycles....

who give you B.U.I.

That's right Biking Under the Influence. Hey man, I'm not a jerk enough to drive when I'm drunk...so let me at least bike. Hell fuqing no...I can't even do that. I gotta walk.

3 BUI tickets in 6 months. No joke.
You do realize those BUIs are equivalent to DUIs on your driving record, right?

Originally Posted by dorifto88
have you gone to a davis meet before?
might be thinking of the wrong person, but are you rockin's friend who used to work at the library?
I don't think Katrina even posts in these forums man.

Wow, you guys are youngings. Back when the UCD group first met in 2003, we had no issues at all. Well, ok one. We held a meet at the south Davis Safeway parking lot. There were about 20 cars. We had an employee tell us to leave because some people thought we were drinking beer (really was just soda in a bottle). I think the same night, some turds in a beat up Toyota van shot up our cars with a BB gun. Dorifto should remember that night. It was the same night that's used for our UCDeezNutz shirts.

Last edited by Impreza01; 01-12-2007 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Car Info: WRX STi
It's a clear case of 'Campus Cop' syndrome. They couldn't make it as real cops so they ended up patrolling a university campus. Your experience was probably very satisfying for this bunch of C graders.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
ummm yeah...that was like 10 years ago. besides i wasn't saying BUI is wrong, I was saying it's plain stupid. the dmca may be the law, but it's plain stupid. one doesn't exclude the other and the fact that Davis PD enforces that **** is stupid.
Why is it stupid? What is stupid is riding on a bike while you're drunk. Safely operating a bike on public streets (watching out for drivers who don't see you, and obstacles that could topple you) is enough work as it is, why be impaired? You could kill yourself or get seriously injured, or you could hurt someone else - what if you hit a pedestrian, or cause property damage - what if you hit someones car? Try thinking about something other than yourself .

Quick Reply: Yay for car profiling, first experience with hood popping and pissy cops.