Yay for car profiling, first experience with hood popping and pissy cops.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
More like he doesn't have one... If they wanted to pop something. They should of popped that basketball ding out of his rear bumper cover.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:31 PM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
I thought they were just university police.

It was so gay that the cops had to profile almost every car one by one.
We get it!!!!!
Its illegal cause the thing is shiny and big......
Stop telling me about the state referee!!!

"Rear struts help deliver power to the rear wheels" :/
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 05 obp sti
Originally Posted by mcowger
The cop did EXACTLY the right thing here. The supreme court has found (the ruling was recent, only like 2 years ago or so) that you do NOT have to right to withhold your ID from a LEO.

Your friend should have just handed over the ID. Your friend chose to question a lawful order, and as such was detained. Many of the LEOs I know would have arrested him for that stupidty. Your friend deserved what he got, and got off lucky with just being cuffed.

As far as 'profiling' based on the car. Yeah, that sucks. Its another form of pay-to-play....dont want to get hassled? Show up to the meet in your buddies Camry. Dont want to ever get profiled as a street racing? Drive your own Camry.
yeah, well the LEOs I know would have better $*** to do with there time then harass a few guys standing around there cars I can see them stoping if someone was revving there engine or just doing something stupid, in this case it sounds like they have nothing better to do..... FTP!

-thekid925
Old 01-11-2007, 12:32 PM

Car Info: Drove a Cavalier with a WRX body kit
Compared to my car, I believe the cop's car has more mods then me..... sadly that might be true....
Old 01-11-2007, 12:40 PM

Yeah. That was hella lame. I said this before. If they don't have anything better to do, than I think the university should cut their funding. There are plenty of things that the money could be better used for. How about putting more lights up around campus and the surrounding areas. How about new equipment (computers, etc.). Funding for programs and services. I really hope that my tuition and my tax dollars don't go toward useless sh*t like this.

And we wonder why the state has a huge deficit.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:44 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by mcowger
Are some cops dicks? Yeah, I've had my run ins with them. Are many cops dicks? Yup. Should you EVER question the cop before complying with his order, regardless of his dickheadedness? NO.
If you assume that ever order a cop gives is lawful then you are a moron. If you ahve never experienced a cop abusing their power then you must live under a rock.

Is this a valid reason for treating all cops as a$$holes? Of course not. Most will be cool if you don't act like a jerkoff. But asking questions is NOT illegal. Yes you must show your ID, that is what it is for. But the instant that cop asks to look ANYWHERE in my car there is trouble.

But if you want to surrender your rights that is your RIGHT lol. Just don't expect everyone else to do so.

Believe it or not, cops abust their power. The days of "to protect and serve" are over. We lives in the days of "to intimidate and harass." Guilty until proven Innocent indeed.

/rant
Old 01-11-2007, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by iLikeTofu
Compared to my car, I believe the cop's car has more mods then me..... sadly that might be true....
all cop cars really have over the stock version is heavy duty suspension and brakes, long life tires, and a crap load of communications gear and lights.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:49 PM

We pay their salaries. Every paycheck I get, I see money that is taken out. Since I have been here at UCD, tuition has been increasing every year. If I have to pay more money, I expect the money to be used reasonably.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Car Info: Sline
Mcgower, because I'm not going to read every post and see if this was said, I'm going to clarify. I agree with what you said. But the minor detail left out is that the guy was walking toward his car when he asked the cop why. He didn't give any attituded, but the cop was a dick with his response and said something to "Because I ASKED for it." Then the kid said, I know, I'm just wondering why, then the cop said, turn around, I'm detaining you. I have most the cuffing on video. I'll post links to the video and pictures when I get back to school on Saturday.

Another minor detail. The kid has a STOCK car and they told him his exhaust, which looks completely normal, is illegal.

Last edited by jvick125; 01-11-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Davis PD are dicks. Even worse...they have bike cops. I"m not talking about cops on Harleys or BMW motorcycles. I'm talking about dick cops on Trek and Gary Fisher bicycles....

who give you B.U.I.

That's right Biking Under the Influence. Hey man, I'm not a jerk enough to drive when I'm drunk...so let me at least bike. Hell fuqing no...I can't even do that. I gotta walk.

3 BUI tickets in 6 months. No joke.
Don't forget about biking speeding tickets, speed limit for bikes is 15mph.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Davis PD are dicks. Even worse...they have bike cops. I"m not talking about cops on Harleys or BMW motorcycles. I'm talking about dick cops on Trek and Gary Fisher bicycles....

who give you B.U.I.

That's right Biking Under the Influence. Hey man, I'm not a jerk enough to drive when I'm drunk...so let me at least bike. Hell fuqing no...I can't even do that. I gotta walk.

3 BUI tickets in 6 months. No joke.
Thats because everyone in Davis is a dam hippie and rides their bike everywhere.

But thank you for not driving drunk.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
Originally Posted by Zoeb2s
did anyone actually read all that?
negative
Old 01-11-2007, 02:49 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by jvick125
Another minor detail. The kid has a STOCK car and they told him his exhaust, which looks completely normal, is illegal.
FWIW, that "kid" is almost 29 years old.

I also hear that he has a couple of different cars from which to choose from. Which one did he bring to the meet last night?
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM

It was the '95 Brighton.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:58 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Originally Posted by jvick125
Don't forget about biking speeding tickets, speed limit for bikes is 15mph.

haha forgot about that.

oh and watch out for the toad tunnel too!

damn hippies!

God I miss davis though

Quick Reply: Yay for car profiling, first experience with hood popping and pissy cops.