Yay for car profiling, first experience with hood popping and pissy cops.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:59 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by darkonion
It was the '95 Brighton.
That's the green coupe, yes/no?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
It was the weird black or gray one.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM WRX
flat black gc
Old 01-11-2007, 03:16 PM

Do you mean this one?

Name:  natomasshoot028.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  71.5 KB
Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si
wow. i'm going to cross post this at another board becaue this is real important stuff considering people have meets all the time.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Yeah. That was the one. He got the most sh*t and he was stock.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by jvick125
Don't forget about biking speeding tickets, speed limit for bikes is 15mph.
Yup. When I went to Davis I got pulled over by a bike cop for "doing 17 mph, the speed limit is 15" on my bike. And no, he didn't radar me. He tried tagging me with, "you swerved to avoid hitting someone."

He was so blatently wrong that my honest reaction was to look puzzled and state simply, "I didn't swerve."

He then starts stammering, "uh well uh if you can continued you would have hit someone." Yeah no-sh!7... if you go in a straight line eventually you'll hit something; but I was never close to hitting a person.

He let's me off with just a scolding. I'm glad I didn't get a ticket but what's with the patronizing?

BTW, I read the WHOLE OP.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 PM

No offense to darkonion, jvick125, and SkylineR35GTRx, however...

Yeah. That was the one. He got the most sh*t and he was stock.
I hate to disagree with you, but this post from last Sunday doesn't quite back-up your claim to "stock".

Originally Posted by that one legacy
Manny's (My3awd) "Rattle Can Special" GM coupe w/version 6 conversion:
If the cops are as "uneducated" as you say they are, regardless of what's under the hood, to a non-enthusiast this car appears to be quite the "hot rod". Probable cause in itself, I would think.

In addition, this morning's post elsewhere on I-Club from the owner shows that his attitude toward the situation just added fuel to the fire:

Originally Posted by my3awds
Fun night indeed lol. It made my blood boil when the cop came through and started profiling us from the beginning.

"Where's the other car? The one your going to street race?"
"Who's got NOS?"

The cops might as well have walk into a group of black guys on a corner, and ask who's going to KFC and a Ballgame?

I apologize if I ruined anyone's night. Sorry Kev. But for me, they weren't being fair. It would have been different if they had just asked us to leave.

"I want to see your drivers license"
-Why?
"Because I SAID so!"
-No, what for, we were just here talking. We weren't street racing. You rolled up on US.
"Ok, NOW we're going to have to detain you!"

I would've been even more of a ***** to the cop, but then I saw people were saying "Yes" to when the cop asked if they could pop their hood. So I had to dumbify myself to not cause any more trouble, as I'm guessing some people had questionable parts. But it probably wouldn't have mattered, since the cop couldn't tell an oil cap from a strut bar.

I should file a complaint.
I've said my peace.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:48 PM

MY bad... someone told me it was stock.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by stevenkhau
Davis PD are dicks. Even worse...they have bike cops. I"m not talking about cops on Harleys or BMW motorcycles. I'm talking about dick cops on Trek and Gary Fisher bicycles....

who give you B.U.I.

That's right Biking Under the Influence. Hey man, I'm not a jerk enough to drive when I'm drunk...so let me at least bike. Hell fuqing no...I can't even do that. I gotta walk.

3 BUI tickets in 6 months. No joke.
A bike is technically a "vehicle" and it is illegal to operate any vehicle while under the influence. So, maybe you should stop.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Yowsers! Glad I didn't come out.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:51 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by Snot Rod
I hate to disagree with you, but this post from last Sunday doesn't quite back-up your claim to "stock".

If the cops are as "uneducated" as you say they are, regardless of what's under the hood, to a non-enthusiast this car appears to be quite the "hot rod". Probable cause in itself, I would think.
It's stock as far as no engine mods, Yeah it has STi seats, wing, etc. but none of which are illegal. The reason he picked it out is probably because of what you stated and also because it says WRX in big white letters on the back (he shined the light right on it and and pointed it out). He probably learned in his class that WRXs are often moded and that this one had to be moded.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Originally Posted by jvick125
It's stock as far as no engine mods, Yeah it has STi seats, wing, etc. but none of which are illegal. The reason he picked it out is probably because of what you stated and also because it says WRX in big white letters on the back (he shined the light right on it and and pointed it out). He probably learned in his class that WRXs are often moded and that this one had to be moded.

Exactly, that further shows how uneducated the cops are, and they are SUPPOSE to be educated if they are going to enforce the law. They can't be put in the same category as non enthusiasts because they went to trainings and they are suppose to know these kinds of things. Whats the best group to educate cops in these sort of things? Us
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by SkylineR35GTRx
...Whats the best group to educate cops in these sort of things? Us
Are you sure you want to teach the police all the little "tricks of the trade"?

You might get written-up for some BS nit-picky stuff now, but if they knew all the possible "sneaky" and "sleeper" mods out there, the popo's that would have otherwise missed that kinda stuff would really ream your *** with citations and impound fees.

+1 for just acting like a preacher on Sunday when the PD rolls through instead.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Originally Posted by Snot Rod
Are you sure you want to teach the police all the little "tricks of the trade"?

You might get written-up for some BS nit-picky stuff now, but if they knew all the possible "sneaky" and "sleeper" mods out there, the popo's that would have otherwise missed that kinda stuff would really ream your *** with citations and impound fees.

+1 for just acting like a preacher on Sunday when the PD rolls through instead.

I was thinking stuff like ...catback thats legal under a certain decible...seats, wings, suspension is not illegal..rear struts DOES not give more power to the rear (which he assumed it did). I agree though, act like a nice guy and they MIGHT let you go with a warning. But we can't just do that and think this will ever stop.

Quick Reply: Yay for car profiling, first experience with hood popping and pissy cops.