World Cup 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:09 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Originally Posted by Frestall
Brazil looks kindy shaky in their first game. Ronaldo does nothing, barely runs. Croatia put them under several times. Cant wait to watch them play Australia next.
Thats because he's not 100% health wise.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Originally Posted by UK n00b
Pretty much watching every game I can as I always do.

I am for obvious reasons rooting for England but know it's a not going to be Becks and Co taking the pitch on July 9th for the final let alone winning it.

Mike
Maybe if Rooney was healthy, sucks that he's not playing.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Thumbs up

Brazil should make it through. And yes, Ronaldo hasn't been 100% lately. They should be able to pick-up the slack.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Originally Posted by thatguymike
Maybe if Rooney was healthy, sucks that he's not playing.
He'll come on as a Sub against TNT on Thursday more than likely. Should be interesting to see how England deals with TNT as they can play a bit and should not be underestimated.

Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 09:27 PM

Not sure how many of you actually saw the game, but it really didn't matter about Ronaldo. If you saw Ronaldinho was a one man team, I'm glad I TIVO'd it cause some of his moves were sick. When Robinho came in you could see that there were some better chances but at that time Croatia was actually playing and not just defending like they were the 1st half. Brasil's defense played fairly well, a lot better then the credit they were given before the WC. In the end it was a good game because Croatia is a really good team, I would rate them stronger then Australia- still kind of shocked at the Japan game but who cares about them, right?
Old 06-13-2006, 09:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
He'll come on as a Sub against TNT on Thursday more than likely. Should be interesting to see how England deals with TNT as they can play a bit and should not be underestimated.

Mike
Trinidad and Tobago!!!! They're nearly as bad as Arsenal!!!! (just kidding mate, I know your a gunner)

We've already got through the group stages thanks to Sweden being held to a draw. We should stuff TNT, expect a few Peter Crouch robot dancing moves.

Go on England.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:02 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
wow, anyone watching poland v. germany? great match, except poland really needs to put some onframe shots in the 2nd

EDIT: l33tsauce goal FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fizay; 06-14-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Deustchland: sechs Punkte in Gruppe A
zweite Runde, wir kommen
Old 06-15-2006, 11:42 AM

England all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Rooney is back....
Old 06-15-2006, 06:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX TR
Originally Posted by wagonrex
Ronaldo might not be into the game that much but IMO Brazil did very good without his contribution.
Haha... did you watch the game? They were kicking the ball out of bounds left and right. Their attack was barely effective. In my opinion, Emerson, Kaka, and Dida were the only ones who played well until the subs came in and picked the level up. Ronaldhino took alot of guys on, but the majority with his back to goal and not attacking, which a defender is not going to commit to. Most opponents just suck back against Brazil and look to possess and counter, which Croatia did very well. If they would have done better with their chances, I think Brazil would have lost. They had 4 shots placed right at the keeper. You figure they would come out and make a statement game, but now everyone knows they are not as strong as people make them out to be.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

I think Rooney will need a little more fitness work and perhaps another outing as a sub for half a match against Sweden, he really looked out of sorts today.

I agree with the comments on Brazil but to be honest in typical Brazil fashion they did enough against a decent Croatia side.

I am looking forward to Ecuador vs Germany I think that will be a good game.

I think come Saturday Team USA will be packing there bags.

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 07:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by glenspen
Trinidad and Tobago!!!! They're nearly as bad as Arsenal!!!! (just kidding mate, I know your a gunner)

We've already got through the group stages thanks to Sweden being held to a draw. We should stuff TNT, expect a few Peter Crouch robot dancing moves.

Go on England.
Well Crouchy scored but alas no robot, I personally think the England team need to step it up as they were hardly convincing against TNT today and lets face it TNT's star player is a 34 year old veteran striker that is now playing midfield amongst a couple of 3rd division players (albeit talented youngsters).

Sweden will be a good test as if England can play as well as they look on paper they should convincingly beat Sweden to avoid the winners of the Ecuador/Germany game.

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Well Crouchy scored but alas no robot, I personally think the England team need to step it up as they were hardly convincing against TNT today and lets face it TNT's star player is a 34 year old veteran striker that is now playing midfield amongst a couple of 3rd division players (albeit talented youngsters).

Sweden will be a good test as if England can play as well as they look on paper they should convincingly beat Sweden to avoid the winners of the Ecuador/Germany game.

Mike
You know Mate I think I must have been watching a different game to what most of the pundits on websites were watching, from what I saw we created a good number of chances against a team that had 10 men behind the ball most of the time.

In the knockout stages teams are gonna have to play to win so we should have a bit more space to operate in the last third of the pitch.

The defence looks good, and Rooney and Owen are getting fitter all the time, plus it helps that we've got a 6'7" striker sitting on the end of Beckhams's crosses, Gerrard's goal show's what kind of form he is in, and it'll be nice to see Walcott's pace tearing through defences.

Like you say, Sweden will be a big test.

On a completely different subject, any thoughts on a new project to rival the blue bucket??? As the number 1 BAIC tuner you need to have the number 1 car :-)
Old 06-15-2006, 10:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by glenspen
You know Mate I think I must have been watching a different game to what most of the pundits on websites were watching, from what I saw we created a good number of chances against a team that had 10 men behind the ball most of the time.

In the knockout stages teams are gonna have to play to win so we should have a bit more space to operate in the last third of the pitch.

The defence looks good, and Rooney and Owen are getting fitter all the time, plus it helps that we've got a 6'7" striker sitting on the end of Beckhams's crosses, Gerrard's goal show's what kind of form he is in, and it'll be nice to see Walcott's pace tearing through defences.

Like you say, Sweden will be a big test.

On a completely different subject, any thoughts on a new project to rival the blue bucket??? As the number 1 BAIC tuner you need to have the number 1 car :-)
Yea I agree with the way TNT played, I just expect a quality side to breakdown someone playing that way.

As far as the project car goes I have kind of been on hold with a number of projects taking up the majority of my time. That being said I have been working on a couple of things that should come about within the next month or two. Not too much more I can say for now but they should be interesting when done

Mike
Old 06-15-2006, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti

brasilians dont have to pull hair to win

hahaha

Quick Reply: World Cup 2006