so i got a state ref yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Originally Posted by Heedz
I remember you had troubles with that silicone coupler.
because it was blue, I put a black one on and no problems.

I even went there with my AOS and catback =D
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by old.guy
Does it run?

Like a champ! And on pump gas.

Dont get me wrong, wasnt trying to sound like an import hater, (in fact our next car will likely be a BRZ for the wifey.) Just saying i would never go though the headache of modding a subaru again. The reliability issues are stressful enough without the added headache of being harassed by cops and possibly getting sent to state ref.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by Krinkov

Dont get me wrong, wasnt trying to sound like an import hater, (in fact our next car will likely be a BRZ for the wifey.) Just saying i would never go though the headache of modding a subaru again. The reliability issues are stressful enough without the added headache of being harassed by cops and possibly getting sent to state ref.
Dude.. I'm living that nightmare now. I have enough in my subaru to buy a ... well never mind. But it seems to run a few times a year. At this point it will out last everything I own unless I part it out soon. The lp640 runs better then my subaru and its cheaper to keep on the road.

But yes, I love having a worry free car and truck. Dont know how many times I have blazed by CHP in my truck or other cars and they dont even look up at you.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
https://www.i-club.com/forums/norcal...s-rims-240183/

In case nobody has one you can borrow, it looks like the above one is for sale.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Krinkov

Ummmm.....

Didn't you blow up your corvette? (heart you)

Just have to choose your mods carefully... And what you're saying is a perfect example of profiling. I'm so tired of USM cars getting away with murder. I know a dude that had a highly modified Z06 with a friggin roll cage in it... never had problems. I hear/see modified usdm car every day that are so obviously modified it makes me sick... but import guys are the ones that get popped at a much higher rate. Especially when it comes to exhaust/ref tickets. I guarantee you that most of these modified imports are lower polluters than a lot of the stock usdm cars you see, let alone the modified ones.

My car... 203,000 miles. I love domestics but I'll own another modified subaru in a heartbeat.

Just giving you a hard time. If I didn't need AWD I'd consider a midlife crisis car too.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 04-16-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Hmmm may be I should get a US domestic car. One of my coworker has a Camaro with straight pipe. Very loud enough to shake the whole parking lot structure. Never got pulled over for it, while I got pulled over for Borla Hush twice..... I guess having a muscle car might be not a bad idea. I always wanted one. GT500? Corvette Zo6? I think such car I could keep it stock since it's already loud.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Car Info: 2004 Forester XT
Dude.. I'm living that nightmare now. I have enough in my subaru to buy a ... well never mind. But it seems to run a few times a year. At this point it will out last everything I own unless I part it out soon. The lp640 runs better then my subaru and its cheaper to keep on the road.

But yes, I love having a worry free car and truck. Dont know how many times I have blazed by CHP in my truck or other cars and they dont even look up at you.
You have a lp640 also???
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 05 Flat White STi, 96 Widebody Brighton
to the op, as long as your cai has a eo# than you're fine.. aem,injen, and k&n are the only ones who make ones that have a eo#'s.. or you can get a aps 65mm cai and throw a k&n eo# on it and watch the ref scratch his head.. was soo classic when i went there..

this is how the car went to ref minus the fmic.. passed within about 10 mins.. it was more of a stress than anything else.. i have heard other stories just thought i would share my experience... good luck!
Name:  9c24196a.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  75.4 KB
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
This should help answer your questions OP, LOTS of info

Let me google that for you
Old 04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Blazingbuda40
You have a lp640 also???
In wrb too.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
In wrb too.
pics of subaru and lambo together or shenanigans is called
Old 04-16-2012, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX- MBP
they should have failed you due to the silicone hose. in that pic

It was a nightmare for me as well. Worst part was that the cop retired 2 days before my court ... so would have had it dismissed anyways.

ALSO, if you got the ticket for the exhaust, they will test it for the sound... if you pass it is a $120+ fine.... even thought you were innocent to begin with, What bull. AND if they pull u over again and u show you passed... they have the right to send you to the ref again for retest and you pay again.....

Originally Posted by c0rehax
to the op, as long as your cai has a eo# than you're fine.. aem,injen, and k&n are the only ones who make ones that have a eo#'s.. or you can get a aps 65mm cai and throw a k&n eo# on it and watch the ref scratch his head.. was soo classic when i went there..

this is how the car went to ref minus the fmic.. passed within about 10 mins.. it was more of a stress than anything else.. i have heard other stories just thought i would share my experience... good luck!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I dont understand how refs can fail you for silicone hoses. Do they point out a specific section of the vehicle code that states you cant use silicone hoses? I can understand failing you for cais/uppipe/downpipe/intercoolers but not for silicone hoses.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
A lot of these fines are a complete sham. You can be ref'd on an officers whim even if he doesn't know what the hell he's looking at. You then have to take the time off of work to get your car through the system. That's time. That's money. Plus the fees for the paperwork. Then you have to submit it and pay those fines and/or go to court to get them reduced. All of this costs time and money. Meanwhile you may or may not have been braking any laws.

Meanwhile someone passes you with a 6 inch exhaust and no cats on their car and they don't get looked at. Or worse yet they're driving around with no lights on in the rain, or with no brake lights, or no brake pads squealing like crazy. THis state is friggin bull****.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
banned

Originally Posted by glenspen
pics of subaru and lambo together or shenanigans is called
Its on my facebook page. I went from the 360 to the 400i to the lp640
Now I might move to a lotus.

But this is for another thread.

Quick Reply: so i got a state ref yesterday