rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:07 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
I am super psyched for this season - its going to be the first time this car sees the snow in my possesion
That's funny, I had my wrx in the snow about 24hours after I got it in February.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:56 AM

I'm definitely in, lets set something up.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
IIRC, don't you already have a spot out in South Lake?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX, tuned by Ed@EQ
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Word... I'd rather go smashing my way into a ridiculous tree line and find myself jumping off natural hits then bust my *** on a metal rail and look like a douche in front of 40 groms walking around in the park.
amen to this. i really hope i get a chance to ride with you guys this season as this is what i live for!

plus, as i mentioned before, i have a cabin within walking distance of heavenly nevada jan. 2-apr. 15 this season. my freaking boots are shaking i am so excited.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX STi, 1993 240sx (going under knife soon)
Yeah, a moderate/big I-club snowboarding trip would be pretty sweet. This might be one of the best times with low(er) gas prices, especially if this year's season is good!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
No... I clearbra. haaaa.

as for boards. I have an idea that I'm trying to get contacts lined up on that might solve this problem.
My buddy has these things that fit over the front of the boards like a big plastic snowboard condom. There are a little elasticy to fit on most boards and they are long enough that the can wedge in with the clamp,m though they are a good enough fit i dont think you would have to do this but we do anyway just in case.

Its made of a clear flexible acrylic. The only problem is he only has 3. Someone jacked one at the 76 right before boreal. And he has no clue the name brand of them or where he got them from. Maybe if anyone is into inventing ****, this would be a great idea.

I dont think most people think of the beating there boards get from rocks and sand when they are ontop of the car. I am a wax **** so I trip if my board isnt protected.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by ApexAssassin
Yeah, a moderate/big I-club snowboarding trip would be pretty sweet. This might be one of the best times with low(er) gas prices, especially if this year's season is good!
Plus not everyone has to drive their car (unless you are like me and love and empty icy parking lot) so if you did a caravan and split the gas you could actually get up there for pretty cheap.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Hey lance... is it really correct on the site when it says only 159 for BOTH of SC's all mountain boards.
Yeah...I just picked up the Duo and Twinza (fish) Platinum this week and they both only come in the 159. I think TT Platinum comes in two different sizes though if you're looking for a twin-tip.

The Twinza is actually a 161 but rides like a 159 due to the shape so they call it a 159.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I would be all over the new duo if it came larger. I LOVE my 163. I'd be down for a twinza if it was a bit bigger. I don't EVER by that... it rides like a blah blah. You know. I've fallen ill to that. It's like saying.... yeah they're tight now but they'll loosin up. I have 2 pairs of BRAND NEW boots in my closet because of that sales pitch. I'm sure it's true in this case but I can't afford the risk.

If I could get a true 162 twinza or 162-163 duo I'd be ALL over it. Probably too late though. haaa.

Website has only 159 listed.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Car Info: rsti
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Round up the wagons and lets do it. I am sure my wife would wanna go. might have to go sneak out in the woods for about 15 mins though. I got an 8 person snowboard rack so I can handle hella boards.

I think I am gonna spring for a Boreal season pass. I have the money now and its so much easier than coming up with the money on a whim. Plus then all i have to do is worry abotu gas and if i bring friends split that up 4 ways and its like $25. That I can come up with once a week.

I just dont go to the othe rplaces enoguh for me to get a season pass there. Plus if you got a pass to boreal, since its the cheapest you can usually scrounge up a few people to tag along.

+1 for suby snowboarding trip
Old 11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
My buddy has these things that fit over the front of the boards like a big plastic snowboard condom. There are a little elasticy to fit on most boards and they are long enough that the can wedge in with the clamp,m though they are a good enough fit i dont think you would have to do this but we do anyway just in case.

Its made of a clear flexible acrylic. The only problem is he only has 3. Someone jacked one at the 76 right before boreal. And he has no clue the name brand of them or where he got them from. Maybe if anyone is into inventing ****, this would be a great idea.

I dont think most people think of the beating there boards get from rocks and sand when they are ontop of the car. I am a wax **** so I trip if my board isnt protected.
I'm thinking more along the lines of clearbras for boards.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Anyone here wax or tune their own snowboard. I usually just wax on my own but I am attempting my own tune. I have some questions if anyone can help me.

Last year was my first year after the wife and I had a baby. I had a lot of sympathy weight i gained and suffered a bit from being fat and not being able to get up from the snow as easy. hopefully that wont be a problem this year. Just a random thing i thought of when i got up from the comp to answer the phone. my abs are so sore right now.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
General Pimpin'

what do you need to know?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 PM

is there anything wrong with keeping the edge a 90º? what are the advantages of more angle? remember I am not a pro snowboarder.

will a green scotch pad work for polishing up the wax vs using the fibertx pads?

i dont wanna get a base weld cuz i have a gouge that is only like 2 inches long. can i fill this with epoxy or wax instead of goign and getting it welded? i dont wanna pay $$ for a 2 inch weld.

If i can epoxy, any recommendations on type?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
General Pimpin'

If the gouge is down to your base I'd take it in for a preseason tune up. They'll ptex the gouge. Then probably do a base grind. Clean it and wax it. Tune the edges to how you want. It's a good way to start the season.

Edge angle is a persons preference. Some folks detune them. Park ****** and what not. Some folks keep them sharp and steep.

Me... I run with the factory angles and just clean the burs off when I get them. Burton usually has a pretty good read up on edging and tuning your board. Haven't looked but I'm sure its still up there.

I use 3m pads to "polish" my deck. You don't need anything fancy.

Wax. Scrape. Buff. Hell even the super fine sos pads work... not the soapy ones. The raw metal ones.

PTEX is the only way to truly fix a good base gouge if you ask me.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.