Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:47 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Amazing how they can go through so many different players and coaching staffs and get the same results.

If the Raiders are anything, theyre very consistent.

Waits patiently for new coach and the next "we're changing the culture here" speech he will undoubtedly give.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:46 AM

Aldon Smith was virtually invisible, Khalil Mack was neutralized, defense had more holes than swiss cheese. DJ Hayden was getting owned.

On Offense, receivers dropped some easy catches, Carr being a dummy for not sliding, and not much in the run game. Recipe for disaster.

Couple of media guys were baggin on McGloin, but I thought he did a decent job. He made some mistakes early but made up for it in the 4th.

Raiders reality set in first game of season, now it's probably the 49ers' turn. But Jed York doesn't care, he's laughing all the way to the bank ($100+ million in stadium profit last season, and on track for the same or more profit this season).
Old 09-14-2015, 05:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
It was the first game of the season. Carr got hurt. Smith is BRAND NEW to the team. He's not in game shape and he doesn't know how to work with the guys he's playing with. Hayden is a chump. They need to make an improvement at DB soon. Mack will be fine. He's not gonna have 35 tackles every game. I'm still trying to figure out why they're using him the way they are.

McGloin is gonna go for 350 yards next week and 3 TD's.

WR's... they're mediocre. Crabtree has ALWAYS dropped *****. I'm not a huge fan of his but at least he's useful. Cooper looked good. They need to use their TE's and pass to the RB's.

The biggest issue on this team is this... lack of a run game. They're going to have a couple games this year with good stats because Murray is gonna break some runs. But for the most part they've got jack squat. Murray is a bang or bust guy. He needs a hard hitter with him and the only one they really have is Reece. His usage will increase as the year goes on. They're number 2 guy was a corner last year.

I'm gonna laugh with DMC goes for well over 1000 total yards and 9 tds this year.

They really needed a true RB and they didn't get one. They better plan on trying to draft Elliot, Henry or maybe Alex Collins or Williams.

But this might be the year to take a flyer on a first round RB... not something I usually recommend high in the draft. LOL!. But Elliot looks like the kind of dude they need.

Side note... bunch of haters should go be Seattle fans.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:23 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
They may be able to pick up Alfred Morris next year since it seems like the Redskins may be parting ways with him after the season is what I have been hearing rumblings of occurring.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
This game was so boring that I fell asleep after one quarter.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:41 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by JelloChex
They may be able to pick up Alfred Morris next year since it seems like the Redskins may be parting ways with him after the season is what I have been hearing rumblings of occurring.
Won't even matter. It isn't the back that's the issue.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:14 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...164227305.html

"After watching the video of Cincinnati cornerback Adam Jones ripping off Oakland Raiders receiver Amari Cooper's helmet and then slamming his head into it, everyone assumed Jones was going to be in major trouble from the NFL.

And while a $35,000 fine is a major deal to 99.9 percent of the world, it still was a bit surprising Jones wasn't suspended. There didn't seem to be much consideration for that either; by pretty early Monday there were already reports that he wouldn't be suspended. Instead, it's just a $35,000 fine for Jones, as reported by multiple outlets, and he'll appeal. There wasn't a ton of contrition, either. Jones told the media, via Jeremy Rauch of Fox 19, "I can't promise it won't happen again. I'm an emotional player.""
Old 09-16-2015, 06:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
This dude is garbage. $35k is nothing to him. Why would he not do it again? He's gotten away with everything else.

Hell.... the dude was on probation for a fight when he got drafted. He then held out... and got in trouble again for fighting. Got busted for weed... got dismissed. Got busted for cocaine... oh he wasn't involved. Involved with a shooting... oh he didn't do it. Spits on a woman... oh he had a good reason. Hits a stripper... oh he didn't do it. Gets in a fight gets a couple game suspension.

This is a dude that was suspended 22 out of 28 games at one point. But he keeps getting chances and keeps getting paid.

This is a dude we'll read about in a few years about how he blew all his chances and all his money. End up in prison on a drug bust.

He's either been hurt or suspended for nearly all of his damned career.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:11 PM

4th quarter defense collapsed as per usual, but the 2 minute comeback by Carr and company? That was new and exciting!
Old 09-20-2015, 09:13 PM

Good to see and hope he gets more 4th quarter comebacks under his belt.

Carr has a good knack of getting the ball out, eventually that line has to beef up, you want him more of a Big Ben/Elway kind of person with a good run game to win big games, but it's a good timer to have.

Good job with Crabtree Cooper both getting over 100 yards too, hard to do that.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:58 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Jernigan ****up was huge for your win. Thought the game would end up going OT but you guys squeezed by. Should be an interesting away game next week against Johnny football who's also starting to heat up.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:38 PM

A road win, in the eastern time zone, a consecutive win, above .500 record..... what is this sourcery!?!?!?

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 09-27-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:48 PM

It's early, but the team is getting parts in the right place. Pressure was on from the D-line too. So the team can seriously look much better in a year or two, let the young guys get reps and Carr is puttin the ball where receivers can make plays.

Draft some o-line/LBs/DBs and maybe some D-linemen and it looks solid. Raiders have solid WRs, could use a burner, but everything else is falling into line. Maybe a serious run once the defense gets stronger.

Forgot to add, they played against Cleveland... that's like a win over... Cleveland/Jacksonville.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Forgot to add, they played against Cleveland... that's like a win over... Cleveland/Jacksonville.
The Raiders haven't beat the Browns since they moved back to Oakland. They also haven't won a game east of the Mississippi since Rich Gannon was behind center.

Don't forget this team has had a long standing problem of getting handled by bad teams. Whens the last time the Raiders beat any team from Florida?

#winningiswinning
Old 09-28-2015, 07:20 PM

^Probably beat down Chicago too. Then you got Denver, that will be the game.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread