Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 05:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by JelloChex
Michael Crabtree signing extension with Raiders - NFL.com

Looks like the Raiders locked up Crabtree, but the article doesn't give the specific details of the contract (though it looks like it may be worth about $8 Million/year it doesn't state how long the contract is for).
Good idea. It means with him and Cooper they have their 1/2 locked up for next year and only have to worry about filling out the specialty spots. Could run with what they have... take a flyer on a lower draft super athletic receiver out of a smaller school or pick up a FA. So it helps them focus on the draft.

My guess... Oakland takes one of three guys in the first round depending on who's available.

DE Emmanuel Ogbah. Dude instantly helps their pass rush.
LB Myles Jack. They need one bad. Dude is smart and he's a beast.
DB Mackensie Alexander.

Those are their biggest needs and they'd be wise to take one of each in the draft at some point.... and a safety.

Depending on R1 pick there's good stuff in R2 as well.
I personally hope they take Jack and then in R2 go with Fuller or Thompson.
So in R2.
DB Fuller
Safety Darian Thompson
LB Kendell Brothers

R3
If they don't take Thompson they should go with Safety Andrews or DB Seymour. Von Bell if he drops.

I'd avoid a DB in the first round. But other than that you can pick 3 straight defenders and fill 3 big holes in the defense. If Smith gets back healthy and sane and Woodson plays one more solid year... got a really good defense next year. I'd consider pulling an older DB FA as well.

I'd like to see them snag one of the guys out of Stanford in the draft if they can. Really depends on who's available but they've got a DB and a safety that are start ready right now.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:15 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Glad for Crabtree. He's solid, doesn't drop a lot of ***** (although I've seen his fair share... not as much as A.C.)
Old 12-09-2015, 09:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Just because...
Crabtree... 66 of 115. 760 yards 7 TDS. Average of 11.5. That's pretty much what you're gonna get out of crabree. 65-85 catches 7-900 yards. He's a good WR but not a great one. It's smart to lock him down if it wasn't that expensive. He's not really a number 1 type dude. He's a quality guy and he's worth signing. I still think Oakland needs a big time big dude. Maybe take a flyer on someone like Jordan Williams out of Ball state. Could get him down in the 5th round. 6'2. 220. Corey Davis out of MSU. 6'3. 210. I think he's a great value down there in the 6th maybe even the 7th round. Dude's got over 80 catches and 1200 yards on the year with 11 TDs. He could surprise. Last year he was even better.

For reference... Cooper... 62 of 105 for 920 yards.

So he's catching the ball at a HIGHER percentage than Crabtree at a much higher yards per catch total. 59 percent to Crabtree's 57. And Cooper is a rookie...
Old 12-13-2015, 04:55 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
How bout that win tho!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:57 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Mack and the defense came up huge with turnovers.

Totally opposite 1st and 2nd halves.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:25 AM
General Pimpin'

Mack went straight up beast mode. 5 damned sacks.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:08 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Raiders' Charles Woodson to retire after 2015 season - NFL.com

"Charles Woodson will leave the NFL playing as well as he did upon entering the league 18 years ago.

The Oakland Raiders safety announced Monday evening that he will retire after the 2015 season.

"2015 is going to be my last season playing in the NFL," Woodson said. "Was it a tough decision? Kind of in a way. But a couple weeks ago it hit me that this would be it. It's important for me to let Raider Nation know now."

One of the most versatile, talented and productive defensive backs in NFL history, Woodson was a three-time first-team All-Pro at cornerback for the Raiders and Green Bay Packers before successfully converting to safety in his twilight years.

After edging Peyton Manning out for the Heisman Trophy as a rare "two-way player" at the college level, the former Michigan star earned NFL Rookie of the Year honors as the defensive equivalent to fellow first-year phenom Randy Moss in 1998.

"When he learns more about technique," then-Rams receivers coach Al Saunders said at the time, "he has a chance to be one of the best to ever play the position."

Saunders' evaluation was prescient. Named to the All-2000s Team by the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Woodson peaked as the NFL Defensive Player of the Year with the Packers in a 2009 season which featured nine interceptions and three touchdowns.

"He's fearless," former Buccaneers quarterback Trent Dilfer told NFL Media columnist Michael Silver back in a 1999 feature for Sports Illustrated. "There are certain guys you play against who act like they're the best guy on the field. He's one who went out and backed it up."

Few defensive backs have compiled a stronger dossier than Woodson, who is sixth on the all time interceptions list with 65 and is tied for the most career defensive touchdowns with 13.

Every game, all season

Although he was bona fide star upon stepping foot in the NFL, Woodson is notable for authoring one of most accomplished post-30 careers we've seen from any defensive player.

It's incredible in hindsight that Woodson spent eight weeks on the free agent market in 2006 after breaking his leg during the 2005 season. At that point, it seemed inconceivable that he would eventually be regarded as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Woodson is one of the few players ever to play in a Pro Bowl in three different decades (1990s, 2000s, 2010s). He's a veritable lock to return for his ninth career trip after a stellar Indian summer season that includes five interceptions, an NFL-high three fumble recoveries and the Defensive Player of the Month award for October.

Prior to Week 5, Woodson lamented that he never intercepted a pass from Manning -- the player who was drafted three slots higher in 1998. The 39-year-old safety proceeded to pick off a pair of passes from the 39-year-old quarterback in a defining performance.

"It's been an incredible career man," Woodson said Monday night. "It goes beyond words. You know I never intended on playing as long as I have. But it's the way that it has happened.""
Old 12-21-2015, 08:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Hell of a way to go out. I'm proud of him.

If I was oakland I'd INSTANTLY offer him a job coaching the secondary... instantly.

I was a HUGE fan of him in Michigan and he was a draft pick I was stoked to see. He's had one of those careers I'm glad I got to see. He's in that class of players that's just rare... not just within the Raiders but within the NFL... and a player that is getting rarer and rarer. The dude just flat out played ball. With his heart mind and body.

I put him up there with Brown and Allen as my all time favorite Raiders.

Dude does not get enough credit for what he's done in the NFL. I'm astonished at how few lists have him in the top 25 of safeties all time.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
Yesssss!!!!! Raaaaaaidddddderrrssss
Old 01-21-2016, 05:38 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Nice, Derek Carr & Amari Cooper are both selected to play in their First Pro Bowls. Carr is replacing Aaron Rodgers. Cooper is replacing Brandon Marshall.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders...QDBHNlYwNzYw--

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders...QDBHNlYwNzYw--
Old 01-22-2016, 10:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Rad. And they're just going to get better. Once they start working the TE more and get another Target in there the offense is gonna be crazy.

72 catches for 1000 yards is a good season... I'm hoping for some great seasons. I want to see some 95-100 catch seasons with 1400 yards and 10 plus TD's. If he can grow in to that kind of player then Carr is going to be an elite QB and the Oakland offense is gonna be where it needs to be to compete deep into the playoffs. They still need 2-3 guys on offense though in my opinion... but defense is where I'm stoked to see them grow.

My hopes is that Smith comes back and goes straight beast mode this year. With him and Mack banging on all cylinders they're gonna be crazy. Most folks have Oakland taking Nkemdiche in the first. So if that dude pans out.... that front is gonna be rad. But there are 3 other DE's that could be around at that point that would be good picks too. But going with Ronnie Stanley for the O-Line woudn't be a bad idea either.

I'm more excited for rounds 2-4.

I think they'll go defensive line first round, offensive line second round.

But as a fan I'm kinda liking Darian Thompson. Dude is big. Hits hard. Knows how to get to the ball. I see him having some highlight returns or Jeremy Cash. He plays a lot like Woodson played. Plays well tight to the line. Lots of tackles in the backfield. Big hits. Plays well on the entire field and can fill at Corner from time to time. He's the kind of guy that would get lots of time as a rookie because he can play all over.

My hopes would be that Cash falls to the Raiders in the 3rd round because he's coming off an injury. That would be amazing.

I saw somewhere that the Raiders are looking at Paul Perkins in the 3rd round. Curious pick to go RB so high in the draft. I'd rather see them pick up an RB further down. Maybe Alex Collins in the 4th or 5th... dude is big. That's what Oakland needs. A big back that won't fumble. But he might just be another big slow back that's useless in the NFL... another t.rich.

anyways. I'm excited for this draft.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:20 PM
General Pimpin'

This is the 3rd professional mock draft I've seen with Oakland picking this dude.
NFL Mock Draft Version 3.0 - Mock Drafts - Rotoworld.com

Mackensie Alexander would be a TERRIBLE pick at that slot. I very rarely support drafting DB's in the first round. It almost never works out and even rarer for a sub 6' guy to work out. This would be a throwback to the stupid speed first picks of Oaklands past.

Stupid. There is plenty of talent in the 3-5 rounds to pick up a decent DB. They do need help there but not enough to throw a 1st round pick and a barely 5'10" dude. I believe he's in the 5'9-10 range not the 5'10"-11" range.

Hell... i'd rather see them pick Ezekiel Elliott there than a DB.

But they'd be absolutely retarded to pick a DB when guys like Vernon Butler who can fill multiple D-Line slots which they need badly, or Jaylon Smith or Robert Nkemdiche who has ridiculous upside and could create an absolutely retarded sack machine line when combined with Mack and Smith. Or Floyd... another quality linebacker.

Any of those guys would be better than picking a small corner. He's a good corner... but he's a corner... in the first round... very rarely works out.

They could take Robert Nkemdiche in the first, then take Josh Perry in the second and solve 2 large defensive holes with quality players. Then take Von Bell or Cash in the 3rd to fill the safety hole.

Take Harlan Miller in the 4th at DB.

Take O-Line in the 5th.

THen in the 6-7 take flyer picks on talent.
Tajae Sharpe if he can put 20 pounds on.
Glenn Gronkowski is an option there. He's a good all around football player. Probably not a breakout TE.
Connor McGovern
Storm Barr-Woods

All I know... NO CORNER. And I still stand by the guys in my last post.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Oakland Raiders to remain at O.co Coliseum in 2016 - NFL.com

"The Oakland Raiders announced Thursday they have reached a one-year agreement to continue playing at O.co Coliseum for the 2016 season.

In addition, the team has agreed to a pair of one-year options to play at the stadium during the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Every game, all season

"It gives us an opportunity to work on a permanent facility here in Oakland," Raiders owner Mark Davis said. "It gives us some certainty for this season as well as flexibility for the next two seasons."

Last month, NFL owners gave the Raiders the possible option of relocating to Los Angeles in 2017 if the San Diego Chargers chose not to share a stadium with the Los Angeles Rams in Inglewood to stay in San Diego. If the Chargers remain in San Diego, the Raiders would have the option next year of relocating to L.A.

"We do have an opportunity to create a new future in Oakland, and let's try to do that and that's what we're here to do," said Alameda County Supervisor Nate Miley.

The Raiders also announced they have hired Larry MacNeil to head their stadium development team. He will represent the club in negotiations regarding the development of a new stadium with the City of Oakland and Alameda County. MacNeil spent 10 years as the Chief Financial Officer of the San Francisco 49ers and was instrumental in the development of Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California."
Old 02-11-2016, 06:13 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm good with that.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:00 AM
General Pimpin'

Not directly oakland related but still...

Ex-Lions WR tells Calvin Johnson to unretire and sign with the Patriots - CBSSports.com

Anyone see that crap? Dude retires then decides... well... maybe I'll play a couple more years with Brady. Like that was on accident.

It's almost like he's never heard of Barry Sanders before. You know... the greatest RB of all time who was stuck on a crappy team and wanted out... they wouldn't let him... so he retired. Then he tried to come back and even offered to buy out his contract.

Yeah people... that is not how it works.

If he pulls this off it will change the game of football forever.

This is worse than Brett Favre.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread