Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 12:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Notes: Raiders will 'get some help' at running back | CSN Bay Area

I've seen a few people picking Elliot for Oakland in the first round. But I don't see that as the right move.

Murray showed he can carry the ball. He just needs someone legit to help him and to back him up if he goes down. Helu isn't the dude. I'd cut him. Taiwan showed he's useful but he's not the answer either. He is a good guy to have in the mix and will be effective in the right usage.

I've seen so many damned people in the mix for oakland in the first round that I have no clue who they'll go with. A lot of people are picking corners but I don't like first round corners 90% of the time.

My vote would be this... or something similar.
1. Lee/Ragland
2. Hunter Henry/Darrian Thompson
3. Jayron Kearse/Tyvis Powell
4. Kyle Murphy/Daryl Worley
5. Alex Collins... here's where you get your RB help. Low risk. High reward. Dude has big time upside and can handle some workload. If they can work on his cutback he's got second level speed. Kenyan Drake is an interesting choice here too. Could use him on kick returns. But he's somewhat similar to Murray. He's probably a better pick for S.F.

They have another 5th round. Depending on if they go safety earlier or not... if not they could find one here. Neal or Bush are both good. If they do... they can go DB here. I like Will Redmond or Eric Murray if he's still around.

6-7 it's about taking the best of what's left or finding special team guys. I saw one pro pick Luther Maddy here and he might be a good find but I honestly don't see him doing too much in the NFL. But who knows. He's quick. I'd personally go for Tyrone Holmes.

Then in 7 I'd go with D'Haquille Williams. Dude is a really good receiver. If he had pulled his head out of his butt he'd be a 2-4 round pick. But he hasn't shown himself to be a great team mate. Doesn't try as hard as he should. Oakland is the kind of team that might be able to save a guy like this. If not... he gets cut. No loss. Another guy in this boat is Demarcus Robinson.

Tajae Sharpe is another interesting pick here. Dudes really tall. Really good hands. Good routes and he's quick. But he needs to put on like 10-15 pounds of muscle. Shouldn't be a problem.

De'Runnya Wilson would be cool here too... just because of his name. LOL! and that he's 6'5 and about 230. I'd pick him up and put him in the weight room with some protein shakes. Get him up to 255. He's be a damn good TE threat. I don't think he's got the moves to do much at WR.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:03 AM
General Pimpin'

Oakland should make a call to Donte Whitner. Do is 30... still has a few years left in him. He's gonna be pissed off and wanting to make a point to the Brown's brass. It'll fill a hole and allow them to take a flyer on an athletic safety that can develop and not have to be THE man right out of the gate.

I'd still consider Kearse in the 3rd round but if they pick up Whitner they can wait a round. Maybe target a guy like James Bradberry that can probably play safety and corner. K.J. Dillon is a big big hitter. Tyvis Powell is athletic and has been on my radar in the 3rd round. Might be able to wait until 4 and see who's around... if you get Witner.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:46 AM

Car Info: NO MORE SUBIE :(
RAAAAAIIIDDEEERRSSS!!! I'm on the waiting list to get them season tickets? Anyone here a season ticket holder?
Old 04-06-2016, 04:01 PM
General Pimpin'

New safety in the house. They'll probably draft another one but they have a guy that can come in and play right now so they can be a little more risky and/or go for a guy with more upside that needs development.

And they signed Aldon. If that dude comes in in shape and plays like he's capable and Oakland drafts a decent DB and an ILB..... this defense could be legit.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:30 AM
General Pimpin'

What are your draft predictions? I don't think I've ever read so many different opinions on picks. LOL! Nobody knows wtf is going on besides the top 2 or 3 picks.
Draftsite has them taking OT Stanley. All 4 of the NFL.com pros disagree. Apple. Jack. Joseph. Nkemdiche. The 4 CBS guys have 3 different people. Willie Jackson Jr. Ragland. Apple. SI's 4 pros have two guys with Willie. Ragland. Alexander. Draftek has Jack going to Oakland.

I just hope Oakland does not draft a CB in the first round. There are a couple good ones but the only way it makes sense is if they trade down.

If Jack falls to them he'll be hard to pass up despite the knee issue.

Ragland makes sense. Nkemdiche could be a beast but he's also got mental/off field issues and could flare out once all that money hits him. Oakland doesn't need that... not in this draft. Not at that pick. Maybe down in the low 20's. But at 14 it's a reach.

I like taking a safety but at 14 it's a reach. If they trade down maybe. But i'd take a safety in round 2 or 3. There's a few pretty good ones for sale down there.

I'd consider Lee in that same situation.