Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX

I'm glad they found someone, but we'll see how Kenny does as a DC. Wonder if the defense will start punching the goalpost if they take one back for a pick 6?
**** I want to punch a goal post right now!!! **** yeah!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
I know this is the place for OAKLAND (Not L.A.) Raiders talk, but I was dumbfounded by this story. Share a stadium with the Bolts? REALLY?!?

Chargers, Raiders team up for stadium proposal in Los Angeles - NFL.com
Old 02-20-2015, 08:26 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by boardoholic
I know this is the place for OAKLAND (Not L.A.) Raiders talk, but I was dumbfounded by this story. Share a stadium with the Bolts? REALLY?!?

Chargers, Raiders team up for stadium proposal in Los Angeles - NFL.com
Doesn't bother me. I never expected Oakland to keep the Raiders, and surprised they haven't been discussing this sooner.

LA already has a fan base for both teams and a shared stadium would be the most efficient way to get it done. Both the Oakland and San Diego stadiums are complete dumps and are not worth the ticket prices.

This is for the best.

Now all that's left in the trifecta is the A's. Oakland will just ignore them until they pack up and leave and voila, no more sports in Oakland.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Old School

Doesn't bother me. I never expected Oakland to keep the Raiders, and surprised they haven't been discussing this sooner.

LA already has a fan base for both teams and a shared stadium would be the most efficient way to get it done. Both the Oakland and San Diego stadiums are complete dumps and are not worth the ticket prices.

This is for the best.

Now all that's left in the trifecta is the A's. Oakland will just ignore them until they pack up and leave and voila, no more sports in Oakland.
Yup...

If Oakland wants a team that wants them, they will make a new a stadium happen for the Raiders. Wolfe wants out. Everyone see's right through his BS.

Ball is in Oaklands court now. The contingency plan is in place. I also want what's best for the franchise, though, I'd like them to stay.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap

This is for the best.

To count as a trifecta, wouldn't the warriors have to leave as well? Cause if the Raiders and A's leave then wouldn't that only be a double?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by The Law
To count as a trifecta, wouldn't the warriors have to leave as well? Cause if the Raiders and A's leave then wouldn't that only be a double?
The Warriors ARE leaving. They're currently in the process of building a new arena in SF.

-Brian
Old 02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
The Warriors ARE leaving. They're currently in the process of building a new arena in SF.

-Brian
Oh haha! As you can see I'm not a warriors fan or pay much attention to oakland baseball, football, or basketball
Old 02-25-2015, 04:42 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Raiders are gonna be gone. No money in Oak-town and they'll easily flip a profit with San Diego.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Council OKs Los Angeles stadium backed by Rams' Kroenke - NFL.com

"INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- The Inglewood City Council late Tuesday night approved plans to build a football stadium that includes St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke as a partner, clearing a path for a return to the Los Angeles area of the NFL for the first time in two decades.

The council approved the $2 billion plan with a 5-0 vote after a meeting with several hours of public comment and many vocal Rams fans wearing jerseys in attendance.

The vote adopts a new redevelopment plan without calling a public vote, effectively kickstarting construction and sidestepping lengthy environmental review of issues such as noise, traffic and air pollution.

It adds the 80,000 seat, 60-acre stadium to an existing 2009 plan to redevelop the former Hollywood Park racetrack site with homes, offices, stores, parks and open space and a hotel.

Kroenke is part of the Hollywood Park Land Co. development group that is promoting the project.

New urgency came to the issue last week with the announcement that the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers are planning a shared stadium in suburban Carson if they don't get their current hometowns to cough up enough money to replace their aging stadiums. Another stadium plan remains alive for downtown Los Angeles, but has no team attached.

Stadium proponents said it is important to approve the concept as soon as possible to avoid delays in the redevelopment that already is underway. They would like construction to start by year's end to have a venue ready for the 2018 football season.

A Feb. 20 consultants' report to the city manager backing the stadium notes that the developer, not the public, would pay the cost of building the stadium and says the plan would allow the city -- once home to the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings before they moved to Los Angeles -- "to continue its legacy of providing the region with world-class sports and entertainment."

The consultants also conclude that no new environmental impact reports -- which are costly and often take months or even years -- would be necessary.

The review also said the stadium would bring the city more than 10,000 jobs and tens of millions of dollars a year in new tax revenue."

I don't see all 3 of these teams (Raiders, Chargers, and Rams) all going to L.A., but it looks like all of them are trying to put pressure on their current cities about getting them new stadiums otherwise their option to leave is becoming more and more solidified.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
As a Niner fan, I'm loving the idea of Raiders and Chargers in LA because that would move the Hawks out of our division and Raiders into ours.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by JelloChex
Council OKs Los Angeles stadium backed by Rams' Kroenke - NFL.com

"INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- The Inglewood City Council late Tuesday night approved plans to build a football stadium that includes St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke as a partner, clearing a path for a return to the Los Angeles area of the NFL for the first time in two decades.

The council approved the $2 billion plan with a 5-0 vote after a meeting with several hours of public comment and many vocal Rams fans wearing jerseys in attendance.

The vote adopts a new redevelopment plan without calling a public vote, effectively kickstarting construction and sidestepping lengthy environmental review of issues such as noise, traffic and air pollution.

It adds the 80,000 seat, 60-acre stadium to an existing 2009 plan to redevelop the former Hollywood Park racetrack site with homes, offices, stores, parks and open space and a hotel.

Kroenke is part of the Hollywood Park Land Co. development group that is promoting the project.

New urgency came to the issue last week with the announcement that the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers are planning a shared stadium in suburban Carson if they don't get their current hometowns to cough up enough money to replace their aging stadiums. Another stadium plan remains alive for downtown Los Angeles, but has no team attached.

Stadium proponents said it is important to approve the concept as soon as possible to avoid delays in the redevelopment that already is underway. They would like construction to start by year's end to have a venue ready for the 2018 football season.

A Feb. 20 consultants' report to the city manager backing the stadium notes that the developer, not the public, would pay the cost of building the stadium and says the plan would allow the city -- once home to the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Kings before they moved to Los Angeles -- "to continue its legacy of providing the region with world-class sports and entertainment."

The consultants also conclude that no new environmental impact reports -- which are costly and often take months or even years -- would be necessary.

The review also said the stadium would bring the city more than 10,000 jobs and tens of millions of dollars a year in new tax revenue."

I don't see all 3 of these teams (Raiders, Chargers, and Rams) all going to L.A., but it looks like all of them are trying to put pressure on their current cities about getting them new stadiums otherwise their option to leave is becoming more and more solidified.
Not fully correct. Kroenke wants out of St Louis. A new stadium there won't stop him.

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
As a Niner fan, I'm loving the idea of Raiders and Chargers in LA because that would move the Hawks out of our division and Raiders into ours.
So on that note I think the Rams WILL BE in LA. Now, which AFC-West team will get to partner with them in Inglewood? I hope it's San Diego.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
If the Raiders move, I'm going to be a Seahawks fan.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:30 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
If the Raiders do end up moving out of Oakland I wonder if Oakland would ever again get a NFL Team?
Old 02-26-2015, 03:48 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by JelloChex
If the Raiders do end up moving out of Oakland I wonder if Oakland would ever again get a NFL Team?
I wonder if Oakland would ever want any team in any sport. They definitely don't act like it.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:21 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
If the Raiders move, I'm going to be a Seahawks fan.
You'll fit right in with the rest of 12s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread