Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
A win was a nice distraction from this stadium nonesence.

I wasn't able to catch the fist quarter, but I liked what I saw the rest of the game. It was easily their best start to a preseason in recent memory.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:40 AM

Car Info: Nadda
First quarter is the only quarter that matters. Fed the ball to Cooper. Forced the throw to Cooper in the end zone. If he adjusted and let that playout I think he throws back pylon and gets 6 next time.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I wasn't all that impressed with the 1st team offense. I hate these line of scrimmage throws. These options need to go. move the damn ball forward, and for the love of all things dark and piratey, don't go deep on 3rd and 2 to Crabtree on a fade. Just get the damn 1st down.

Need to see some chains moving and scoring tomorrow in MIN.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I wasn't all that impressed with the 1st team offense. I hate these line of scrimmage throws. These options need to go. move the damn ball forward, and for the love of all things dark and piratey, don't go deep on 3rd and 2 to Crabtree on a fade. Just get the damn 1st down.

Need to see some chains moving and scoring tomorrow in MIN.
It's preseason. I don't think they want to show all their 1st team tricks. I think they're trying to figure out exactly what they're capable of.

I think what we're gonna end up seeing is something along the lines of the super bowl era Rich Gannon Raiders.

A push it hard run game with consistent mid range offense. The occassional long bomb and the occassional RB dump in the flats.

Carr had plenty of opportunities last year and ended up with 600 attempts and a 5.5 average. Not great. I think he'll up that.

The key is going to be this... and it scares the hell out of me to say it... Trent Richardson. Everyone is keying on Murray because he's going to be the main guy. But T.Rich is going to have to be an active part of the offense for the Raiders to succeed. He's a good pass blocker. I think he can catch 50 ***** out of the backfield and I think he can average closer to 4 a carry and come in around 650 yards rushing.

The other key is going to be this... How good is Rivera? Raiders need a big TE year. I think the WR game is gonna be decent but not great. I'm not a huge believer in Crabtree and Cooper is a rookie. I think he's gonna end up being a guy like Cook was last year. Active. LOTS of catches. Not a lot of yards. Crabtree is essentially the same type of guy.

So who's gonna make the big plays? Murray is gonna have a couple.

I honestly don't know.

I do know one thing... I hope Wylie makes the team. He's one of those guys that can help a TON in depth and just be there when Carr needs him.

Defense gonna be explosive but beatable. Offense gonna be consistent but not explosive.

This is as Del Rio as it gets. I think they'll be competitive but they're not quite there yet.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:49 PM

Just some thoughts:

Secondary is still garbage with DJ Hayden at the top of that trash heap. He can't be a starring cornerback, he just can't.

There's no 2nd option at running back. Richardson wouldn't make the roster on any other team this year. He's slow and has the vision of Mr. Magoo in a rain storm at night.

Cooper looks like he's living up to the hype and Carr has been solid so far.

Run defense looks good, but pass defense should have gotten more pressure. The offense will need to step up because that defense will get picked apart late in games (no different than what we've seen year in and year out from this franchise).
Old 08-22-2015, 08:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Secondary is super young but I think they got better and better as the year progressed last year. I think they'll be better than people think they'll be. Carrie is gonna be a pretty good corner and so is McGilll. Hayden seems to be figuring it out.

The run defense should be pretty good and attacking the QB they should be really good. Woodson is gonna be fine and Nate Allen is pretty consistent.

Cooper looks good. Carr looks good.

Running backs... I think you're forgetting about Reece. He's a damn good football player. Murray is gonna be pretty good. Helu is a good back up. Jones looks like he's going to be able to provide some pop back there and T.Rich is what he is. He's a decent blocker with good hands. He's got average burst at best and his vision is not great. But he'd make the roster of some other teams this year.

I think they're going to give him a chance. He's lighter than he was the last couple years. He looks a little quicker. Etc. But I did kind of hope they'd go with one of the RB's in this draft class. I think it's going to turn out to be a good one.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:02 PM

I have no faith in that secondary. I want to see the over/under on them for giving up 3rd down conversions.

If it wasn't for the Vikings having the worst kicker in history, this game is a blowout.

Looks like the same defense over the last ? years. They bend on 1st & 2nd down, then 3rd down they're hopeless. Either someones wide open, or theres some critical missed tackles, or my personal favorite... defensive penalties. They keep finding ways to stay on the field.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Old School

DJ Hayden was getting burned by everyone, even Kyle Rudolph.

We are moving chains, I think offense will be good.

Run defense could be top 5, but pass defense could be bottom 5. Better hope we get turn overs or sacks. QB pressure has to be top notch else we are going to be last in yards given up per completion/attempt.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Pre-season....

Penalties and mistakes are bound to happen. Especially with a new coach, a new system and very young players. I don't expect them to hit their stride until like 4th or 5th game.

I honestly don't think Hayden is gonna be the day one starter. I didn't like that draft pick when they made it. Super athletic but football smart. Of course, my pick wouldn't have been any better. LOL! I wanted Star Lotulelei or Sharrif Floydat that pick.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:41 AM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Pre-season....

Penalties and mistakes are bound to happen. Especially with a new coach, a new system and very young players. I don't expect them to hit their stride until like 4th or 5th game.

I honestly don't think Hayden is gonna be the day one starter. I didn't like that draft pick when they made it. Super athletic but football smart. Of course, my pick wouldn't have been any better. LOL! I wanted Star Lotulelei or Sharrif Floydat that pick.
I wanted Star. Why wouldn't have that worked out?! He's been pretty good.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 PM
General Pimpin'

I wanted Star. Why wouldn't have that worked out?! He's been pretty good.
Thought he got injured. Yeah I was saying before the draft that I hoped they picked him. Hayden was a stupid pick. It would make sense if he was useful on special teams/returns. I still think he'll develop. I think he's getting it. The problem with that squad is the only quality veteran is Woodson and they don't seem to be capitalizing on his mind enough. They really should have pulled veteran free agent in.

But they'll have some money to spend next year and if Hayden still isn't developing they can start moving to replace him. I'd consider a corner/safety in the first round this year... if not the first then the second. Depends on how the college season goes. I'm not generally a fan of DB's in the first round. They're busts more often than stars. But Ramsey might be within reach for Oakland this eyar. Be tough to pass on him. I like Russell from ND in the second round better though. I'd rather see them target something else in the first since they're probably gonna end up around pick 5-7.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:03 PM
Old School

Can the season just start already!?1

I want to see this offense uncorked.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:41 PM

Can the season just start already!?1

I want to see this offense uncorked.
I want to see any kind of offense. Carr is stuck in park.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:53 PM

Well, the offense woke up, but stalled in the red zone way too easily.

On the other hand, the defense has been phenomenal the first half... like when was the last time the Raiders had that much qb pressure and 2 first half picks?
Old 08-31-2015, 05:51 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
The only player that has been cut by the Raiders so far ... Trent Richardson.

Trent Richardson released by Oakland Raiders - NFL.com

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread