Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 PM

Car Info: Nadda
He sucks.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:08 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Crazy man. That dude is probably done. Dropped by 3 teams that need running backs. I thought he'd stick with Oakland. Really did. He's got good hands. He lost weight. Etc.

Be funny if he ends up back in Cleveland for league min.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Well, the offense woke up, but stalled in the red zone way too easily.

On the other hand, the defense has been phenomenal the first half... like when was the last time the Raiders had that much qb pressure and 2 first half picks?

That is going to be an issue all season... at least until one of the TE's shows up.

Reece is the only big body that you know is gonna show up down there.

Holmes is the only big WR they have and he just doesn't know how to use his body that well. I think once a running game gets established and a TE shows up you'll start to see everyone playing better. They're close.

People need to remember that Arizona is one of the best defenses in the NFL... best teams. If they Palmer didn't go down last year I firmly believe they would have been in the fight for the super bowl last year.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Well, the offense woke up, but stalled in the red zone way too easily.

On the other hand, the defense has been phenomenal the first half... like when was the last time the Raiders had that much qb pressure and 2 first half picks?
They move the ball down field, but some of the play calls are bad when they needed to keep the chains moving.

Some small tweaks and smarter Carr and this will be a great offense. We didn't end up with a running game. I think this is due to a great Arizona Defense. This made Carr have to throw a lot more than he should be.

Man, the DBs are not great. That pass from Palmer to Brown on the left side was killer...
Old 09-02-2015, 07:07 PM
General Pimpin'

So far all good cuts.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:14 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Sio Moore says goodbye to Oakland Raiders fans - NFL.com

This one seems odd if they did just release him. If they did however, then perhaps the Niners bring him onboard since Jason Tarver is on the 49ers Coaching Staff.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:35 PM
General Pimpin'

I can't understand them not signing moore. I think it was just a matter of too many guys available in that part of the defense. He looked good. He'll stick with the colts and my guess is get some playing time this year.

6th round pick... not really sure what good that's gonna do oakland unless they're thinking about drafting Craddock.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:43 AM

Bleacher Report is saying that Aldon Smith will sign a 1 year contract with the Raiders
Old 09-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Raiders sign Aldon Smith, who?s eligible to play Sunday | ProFootballTalk
Old 09-11-2015, 05:13 PM

Win for the Raiders. Lets see if Aldon was really having a good camp and stayin in shape. He's going to play Sunday and just sack the QB wherever necessary opposite of Mack!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Old School

I dunno. It's a smart move. Low cost, short term. But he's not going to clean up. If he does it just means the niners couldn't handle him at all.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I dunno. It's a smart move. Low cost, short term. But he's not going to clean up. If he does it just means the niners couldn't handle him at all.
I wouldn't say that the 49ers couldn't handle him, I think it would be like he finally realized that he f*cked up after getting released.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I think it's a very smart move. They signed him to a conditional 1 year deal. Super low risk and super low cost for a guy capable of 15 plus sacks.

The guys has proven to be an idiot thus far in his career but maybe getting dumped by a team that really needed him and not getting snatched up right away woke him up. Hopefully the owners and del rio can sit down with him and explain that if he steps up and becomes a leader and a good citizen he can earn a long term slot on the team and have a tramendous career.

Getting to play along side a young beast like Mack... dude those 2 will be unstoppable. Couple other young guys on the line and in the LB core that look good... etc.

This could make a big big difference for their defense. They're 1 really good DB away from a decent defense.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:42 PM

More of the same, except now we're back to McGloins running the show. Carr missed a few passes or was it Cooper who missed a few catches early on with the jitters. Dumb move with the stiff hand/throw hand use. Luckily McGloin is actually descent and won't be too much of a drop off from Carr.

I want to see more Murray used more.

Got pounded on and whooped and just played from behind... again.

And while Aldon is gettin' some reps he still hasn't shown much in terms of badass sacking ability, time will tell here.

And I agree, Raiders get a potential game changer for dirt cheap, a lot of the 8mil is built into incentives which means he won't get much for doing nothing.

Last edited by iLoqin; 09-13-2015 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Old School

Raiders are straight trash... I might as well give Amar the $100 now.

Really missed Sio today. Ray Ray is a total liability on containment.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2015/2016 Season Thread