Official: BAM tips thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:19 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
One more minor detail if it hasn't been mentioned already. Unless they put some in recently and I don't know about it, there is no gas on the mountain. So if you came from far away and/or plan to go up to the observatory, you better make sure you fill up before you hit the mountain.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:38 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04GG
One more minor detail if it hasn't been mentioned already. Unless they put some in recently and I don't know about it, there is no gas on the mountain. So if you came from far away and/or plan to go up to the observatory, you better make sure you fill up before you hit the mountain.
No there are no stations between the base in san jose and the base in livermore. So if you plan on going all the way over you'll need a half tank at least... I wouldn't leave with less. I'd highly suggest just filling up the day before the meet. You're all gonna be out there washing and waxing your cars anyways. Better to just have it done because no on in the caravans is gonna wait.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by PROcede
Its pretty obvious that the drive up isn't a joke. I'm sure everyone will do their part and drive safely with all the warnings being shot out day by day. Don't know too many people that would want to go extremely fast in corners with such a large group to be honest. In past years were the ones that crashed idiots?
Yes. Normally they crashed on the upper part of Hammy, driving up to the observatory. That is where the road is more narrow with blind corners. People will take off in a group of 2 or 3 thinking they can smash and trying to show off. It takes one split second to have something happen.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
No there are no stations between the base in san jose and the base in livermore. So if you plan on going all the way over you'll need a half tank at least... I wouldn't leave with less. I'd highly suggest just filling up the day before the meet. You're all gonna be out there washing and waxing your cars anyways. Better to just have it done because no on in the caravans is gonna wait.
Yes, and the nearest gas station in Livermore is a good 10-15 miles away from where you are deposited.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:24 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru Forester XT 4EAT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Not a bad idea. He'll I could use $100 broken up for my change box. Lol.
Ray, PM me your needs and I'll be sure to bring it. Both bills and coins.