THE OFFICIAL BAM 9 FESTIVAL THREAD! All Info You Need About BAM 9 Is Inside! PLZ READ

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs up THE OFFICIAL BAM 9 FESTIVAL THREAD! All Info You Need About BAM 9 Is Inside! PLZ READ

Due to the festival's sheer magnitude there have been more than enough BAM (The annual BAY AREA MEET) threads going around, so I thought I'd condense everything into one thread and link existing threads to this one.

1. Basic BAM info can be had at our official BAM website, thanks rescuer for putting it together!

http://www.bayareameet.com/ <---- That should answer all your basic questions regarding the meet.

2. Signing up for the festival. There are two ways to sign up for the festival, you can either pre-pay using paypal for $5 a person (kids are free), or if you don't want to pre-pay you can just show up at the meet and pay one of the reception gals $10 per person at the entry desk. Again, if you pre-pay it's $5, if you choose to pay at the door it's $10 a head. Parking is not included in that price because I have nothing to do with parking, the park controls that and they charge $8 a car. It seems stiff, but all that money goes into maintaining the park and is the only reason we're welcome there... lol. Your entry fee includes all food, drinks, activities, supplies, etc. We're having a BBQ with anything from tri-tip to chicken breasts to everything in between.

Here is the official sign up thread, please click on this and respond accordingly, this is very important.
https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/pre-pay-your-bam-ticket-now-%245-person-now-203532/ <--- Official payment thread

3. Help out at the meet! If you want to donate your time to help out during the event, you are more then welcome to and it would be greatly appreciated. This event can't exist without the help of you guys. Here's the official sign up thread for help:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...&highlight=BAM <--- Official BAM help thread

4. BAM 9 Raffle info: Here's a really fun one! We've had some really great raffles in the past but this year's raffle is going to make the previous ones look like chump change. I can't let the rabbit out of the hat just yet and reveal exactly what prizes we're going to have, but I can tell you that these prizes are well beyond what any raffle I've ever seen has provided in the past! Anywhere from very expensive parts for your subie, all the way to service items, like a full tint job thanks to Omega Tint works. That's just a very small taste of what we're going to be providing! We have some GREAT vendors and they are making this all possible.

The best part about this raffle is that all the proceeds are going straight to the Tri-city animal shelter. There was some controversy regarding the place we're going to donate the money to, but trust me, these animals need it really badly. I know for a fact that every single penny will go directly to the animals to better their quality of life. With that being said, that's a done deal. There will probably be two separate raffles. One standard raffle for all the normal prizes that we have every year (which are some GREAT prizes btw), then we'll have a SUPER RAFFLE which will take care of all the really high end prizes. We can charge like $10 a ticket for the super raffle (I'm pulling the $10 out of my butt right now, just as an example), that way the true enthusiasts that really want these kind of parts can enter and win instead of someone who has no use for the super high end prizes winning. Know what I mean? When you guys hear about what prizes we're raffling, you'll be all over it like white on rice. I'm hoping to reach 100 raffle tickets for the super raffle so that the dogs and cats really get something worthwhile. With that being said, the raffle is going to PWN!!!!! I'll update this thread when we officially leak prize info.

5. Vendors! This meet couldn't exist without the support of our very dear vendors and their efforts will forever be appreciated. Here's some vendor info with a list of our current supporters: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...&highlight=BAM

6. BAM Festival CAR SHOW! Almost every year in the past we've had some sort of car show for our subies. This year will be no different only this year will be better. Here's the car show nomination thread, so if you know of a great car that you'd like to see in the show, nominate it in this thread: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...&highlight=BAM Winners of the show will get some neat prizes.

7. BAM Caravan Info: (Coming soon)

8. BAM Festival COOK OFF!!! This is the first year we're doing this. After some threads regarding BAIC cooks I decided to add a BAIC cook off competition to this year's festival! The cook off will be a lot like Iron Chef, and the two secret ingredients will be Garlic, and Chicken. Doesn't matter what kind, or what you do with it, all you should care about is pleasing our 3 female judges! (PenguinPrincess, Electra, & FSTCHER) Winner will be awarded a nice prize! Here's the official BAM COOK OFF THREAD! It's not too late to sign up!!!! https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...light=BAM+cook

9. The official BAM Events thread! In this thread contains all of the fun activities/games that we're going to have on the day of the festival. I HIGHLY encourage ALL OF YOU to participate in the events, but I also encourage you to making the events happen! You are the only one that can make an event happen, without your initiative we'll be without events all together! So it's crucial for everyone to participate in the activities. If you have ideas PLEASE bring them to the table so everyone can share in the fun! Here's the current thread with all the info regarding the activities and events. https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...light=BAM+cook

10. BAM T-Shirts! We need YOUR help! Like every year, we're going to have a BAM T-shirt. We already have some nice designs on the table, but if you have any graphic design talent, please give your design a try! We'd love to see it! Here's the current BAM 9 T-Shirt thread with all the designs in it. We're going to vote on a design next month! Please keep the design 1 to 2 colors, the less colors the better. Here's the official thread: ----> https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...Graphic+design

If there's anything I left out, please let me know so that I can add it to the master thread. I'm asking for all old threads to be un-stickied with the exception of the sign up thread. Thank you moderators!

This is going to be one hell of an event and it will be remembered for years to come, so don't miss out! This is one of the largest subaru gatherings on earth which makes me really proud considering that we're only the lowly bay area yet we can still generate those kinds of large numbers! The more cars that show up the more of a turn out we'll have! Lets break some records people! Try to avoid carpooling and instead drive your own car! We have plenty of parking and we'll be doing an official car count. I know parking is a little stiff, but this only happens once a year so lets make a loud noise that can be heard across the country! I'd love to see everyone bring their own cars out to the festival just so that we can shatter all previous records and make our meet THE MEET OF THE YEAR that everyone else talks about. I know we can do this, and we can only do it with your help! We have everything from a super raffle to a cook off... We've got just about EVERYTHING covered! This is going to friggin ROCK!

PS: One last thing I forgot to mention is that we're going to have a live DJ at the event. I don't think I forgot anything else.

Last edited by brucelee; 05-24-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
calender marked. and thanx for all your work so far.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
wow so mayn post about this meet, how will I ever forget lol
Old 05-24-2009, 03:14 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
so raffle went from 3 for 5 bucks to 1 for 10 bucks?
Old 05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Gibz
I believe there is a normal raffle, then a super raffle for high end prizes

"There will probably be two separate raffles. One standard raffle for all the normal prizes that we have every year (which are some GREAT prizes btw), then we'll have a SUPER RAFFLE which will take care of all the really high end prizes. We can charge like $10 a ticket for the super raffle (I'm pulling the $10 out of my butt right now, just as an example)"
I hope he doesn't pull the tickets out of his butt too
Old 05-24-2009, 03:21 PM

Thats not official, I just used that number for an example.

There will be two raffles though, the normal raffle that has already great prizes, and the super raffle that has insane prizes. The super raffle will cost more per ticket due to the price difference in prizes.

Thanks for the kudos and support guys.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:22 PM

Yeah i see what it says there and i also read what it said in the other thread. I think more people will be willing to buy more tickets if it was not that much. I bought a bunch of tickets last year even though all i got was an oil change but i wont be buying much this year if they are 10 bucks a ticket. That would mean i get only 10 tickets to the xxx amount i got last year. Oh well just stating he probably would receive a whole lot more buys if it were a cheaper price per ticket. my .02 is all.

to me thats like the lottery saying the prize pot is 200mil so now the tickets are 10 bucks a ticket..
Old 05-24-2009, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Yeah i see what it says there and i also read what it said in the other thread. I think more people will be willing to buy more tickets if it was not that much. I bought a bunch of tickets last year even though all i got was an oil change but i wont be buying much this year if they are 10 bucks a ticket. That would mean i get only 10 tickets to the xxx amount i got last year. Oh well just stating he probably would receive a whole lot more buys if it were a cheaper price per ticket. my .02 is all.
true

example
if only 10 people buy 1 super raffle ticket each, that's only $100. odds of winning are 1/10

the problem with super raffle tickets is wanting to charge more per ticket because of the "hot items", however, higher price means less tickets sold and less money brought in for the charity

reduced price could sell a lot more tickets, and also make odds of winning ratio smaller as more people buy lots of tickets, which makes more money for the charity.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:30 PM

thats pretty much what i am saying is if the tickets were cheaper more people would buy the tickets and support the charity and have the possibility of getting a cool item with the donation so to speak..
Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 PM

to me thats like the lottery saying the prize pot is 200mil so now the tickets are 10 bucks a ticket..
Um, did you not read what I said? The regular raffle is 3 tickets for $5!!! Anywhere from service to great prizes that are worth hundreds of dollars.

The super raffle is a seperate entity. It will only have the super prizes which we've never had in the past... I'm talking a fully built engine, etc! We've never had prizes anywhere near this caliber. I know there will be plenty of people that are willing to spend $20 on two tickets at a chance to win something so great. If you don't want to participate in a charity event where the money goes towards a great cause, and where you can win some really great prizes (regular raffle has some awesome friggin prizes from $50 to $200), the super raffle is more like in the 1k+ range. I'd appreciate if you'd stop bashing the raffle and move on. Like I said, we haven't made a concrete price on the super raffle yet, I was just using $10 as an example... Considering the prizes, I think $10 a ticket would be very fair.

PS: You're complaining that you bought a few raffle tickets last year @ $1 a ticket and all you got was an oil change? Um? Why are you complaining? You got a subaru oil change at a reputable subaru shop for what? $5? $10?

Last edited by brucelee; 05-24-2009 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

thats pretty much what i am saying is if the tickets were cheaper more people would buy the tickets and support the charity and have the possibility of getting a cool item with the donation so to speak..
it's an interesting thing to figure out.

if they sell tickets for a low price, then more are sold. odds of winning get's smaller, but you bring in more money to the charity.

if they are priced too high, you sell less, odds of winning are pretty good, but you could bring it less money to the charity.

*but
if the higher priced tickets do sell well, then it could be more or even the same amount brought in as the lower priced ones. less tickets sold, but for more money.

so you kinda have to look at what kinda odds we want to have, and how much money we want to bring in. plus, if there are smaller items, and really expensive items, should that really make a difference in ticket price?

i think keeping them lower priced is better, that way the odds are more difficult and we can try to avoid having the same 3 people winning EVERY ITEM!

$1 a ticket could sell TONS of tickets.
if the whole point is to bring in the most money for the charity, then they have to figure what really is the best way to do that
seems kinda tricky to figure out

Last edited by Rescuer; 05-24-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
true

example
if only 10 people buy 1 super raffle ticket each, that's only $100. odds of winning are 1/10

the problem with super raffle tickets is wanting to charge more per ticket because of the "hot items", however, higher price means less tickets sold and less money brought in for the charity

reduced price could sell a lot more tickets, and also make odds of winning ratio smaller as more people buy lots of tickets, which makes more money for the charity.

Your logic is flawed. Using your logic there would only be one prize, however there'd be more like 10.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:43 PM

brucelee i am not trying to bash it i am just stating a way to make more for the charity since that what this is all for. Take it as bashing if you will..

i also agree with someone else in the other thread where you bring the animal charity people to the event so people can see what they are donating to and maybe use what that op said about having dogs show up with them.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Another reason we want to seperate raffles is because the super prizes aren't for everyone, they are for true enthusiasts that could really benefit from the prizes. Lets say some gal who drives a stock 2.5RS with no intention of modding it buys a raffle ticket and wins some really high end injectors. What is she going to do with injectors? Wouldn't it be much better if someone who really needed the injectors could buy a raffle ticket and have a chance of actually winning it? Like I said, we're talking pistons, block, injectors, etc... Really high end items that lots of enthusiasts would kill for. This raffle is for them, not for normal enthusiasts like you guys. There will be people intersted in the items, if you're not one of them then stick to the normal raffle which has more "rounded" prizes for everyone. The normal raffle is 3 tickets for $5 which is a great deal considering how great the prizes are! With the vendors we have, we're going to have some sick *** prizes for the regular raffle. The super raffle is a seperate entity and will not take away from the regular raffle.

Quick Reply: THE OFFICIAL BAM 9 FESTIVAL THREAD! All Info You Need About BAM 9 Is Inside! PLZ READ