Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by En3D
Keep all the other coaches except for Roman. Bring in someone like a Mike Shanahan.
I see what you did here. The last Superbowl OC the Niners has back when Seifert was there.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:32 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by iLoqin
^ I disagree man. Harbaugh came in, settled Alex down, and things clicked. Was it an awesome fullblown offense? No, but I can see this year they tried to aim for that and it didn't work, maybe they went too far for Kaep too early, sure he isn't Wilson, but Wilson uses his legs, and I think if Kaep understands he's gotta scramble instead of throw crap passes deep (better if a dump off) he'd be ok. He isn't the Elway yet, scrambling and tossing 30+ yard bombs with consistency, use his legs while he still has them like 10 times a game and he'll be fine. So many drives could have lasted a lot longer if he just took off after the first or second read or dump the ball off and let the back beat a man.

Niners were **** 'til Harbaugh arrived. He is also loyal, which is why Roman is the man, but I bet he'd switch Roman out. As for the other coaches obviously they're doing great jobs, but people cannot blame Harbaugh for this mess. I still can't believe there is an opposite polar side, saying stake him or he wasn't anything. He took a sub 500 team for 8 year and brought them to 3 NFC Championships and 1 Superbowl appearance, and this year is almost factual out of doubt. But that kind of run shouldn't mean he gets submarined, the dude deserves a contract. It's hard to find winning coaches with consistency, and by all means it's hilarious that Harbaugh is the same record as Petine, yet he gets thrown under the bus in SF and Cleveland is deems Petine the savior.

Kaepernick has skills, Use him right and he's just as deadly as Russel Wilson. They got too fancy, they need to ground and pound.

Harbaugh chooses to get thrown under the bus. He compares Greg Roman to Chip Kelly. He defends his crappy scheme and his 2 yard WR routes on a 3rd and 10. You want another 5 years of mediocre offense and watching the Seahawks win the division?

I don't have an issue with Harbaugh getting another contract as long as he fires Greg Roman. I think York/Marathe/Baalke are in that same boat. Unfortunately Harbaugh won't do that.

Btw Bowman was activated today and Vance put on IR. Whats the point of that?
Old 12-09-2014, 07:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Vance is done, free spot for Bowman. See how he does, although HIGHLY unlikely, like 10% chance he may be ready to go. And I agree Greg Roman has to go. I've never seen such a bad offense... I mean I have seen worse, but the pass/rush scheme, nothing ever seems to gel. Most likely Harbaugh wanted to see what he could get out of Kaepernick, see if pushing his limits he may grow cuz you won't know 'til you take the chance. He failed at that, and I do believe the pistol/option is best for him. Get him some speed and it might just be worth (they did try for Djackson). Just weird 5 wide throw go and then back to 7offensive linemen and run. Kinda funky. Yea the O-line has been throttled with the injuries, but the type of plays are extremely confusing. The wide out screens are TOO wide, and the rest is just hard to watch. Going from one big pass play to fail 1st + 2nd + long 3rd. It's just annoying how it's a hit or miss and not consistent. Last year they weren't consistent either, IMO they OC/HC needs to see what Kaep is good at and just use that kinda ****. Molding him.... nope.

Just look at the option plays that Russell Wilson runs, I mean that crap is not confusing, done probably even in High School, but somehow the Niners don't run it that way. Annoying.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Vance is done, free spot for Bowman. See how he does, although HIGHLY unlikely, like 10% chance he may be ready to go. And I agree Greg Roman has to go. I've never seen such a bad offense... I mean I have seen worse, but the pass/rush scheme, nothing ever seems to gel. Most likely Harbaugh wanted to see what he could get out of Kaepernick, see if pushing his limits he may grow cuz you won't know 'til you take the chance. He failed at that, and I do believe the pistol/option is best for him. Get him some speed and it might just be worth (they did try for Djackson). Just weird 5 wide throw go and then back to 7offensive linemen and run. Kinda funky. Yea the O-line has been throttled with the injuries, but the type of plays are extremely confusing. The wide out screens are TOO wide, and the rest is just hard to watch. Going from one big pass play to fail 1st + 2nd + long 3rd. It's just annoying how it's a hit or miss and not consistent. Last year they weren't consistent either, IMO they OC/HC needs to see what Kaep is good at and just use that kinda ****. Molding him.... nope.

Just look at the option plays that Russell Wilson runs, I mean that crap is not confusing, done probably even in High School, but somehow the Niners don't run it that way. Annoying.
Yea their offense is pretty simple and it works. Copycat league so I'm not sure why we didn't implement a similar system. I've watched this offense since Harbs was at Stanford. It was the same thing there as well and they had Andrew luck + 2nd best Oline in the nation + top notch TE/WRs. They would still shoot themselves in the foot by going away from what worked.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:09 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Pretty sure that's CK7 himself OR the OC. I don't know why that would be Jim.
I wasn't implying Jim. Although he is delusional allowing Roman to stick around. He also cottles Kaep just like he did with Alex, probably to a flaw.

Not that I'm complaining. I love watching this team fall flat on their faces. And I still want Jim in Oakland next year. Turning teams completely around is kind of his calling card.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:40 PM

awesome stat here

49ers passing offsense rankings before Harbaugh:
2009: 22
2010: 18

49ers passing offense rankings with Harbaugh:

2011: 29
2012: 23
2013: 30
2014: 27
Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
I could see that. Although he's really only had qb's that don't throw a whole lot. Not sure if with a different coach Kap would be throwing more than 300 yards a game. Even now the chiefs with Alex smith, his season high passing in a game was just passed last week at around 260 or something like that. Conservative qb's through the air since he came over
Old 12-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
I could see that. Although he's really only had qb's that don't throw a whole lot. Not sure if with a different coach Kap would be throwing more than 300 yards a game. Even now the chiefs with Alex smith, his season high passing in a game was just passed last week at around 260 or something like that. Conservative qb's through the air since he came over
Take a look back at the Standford teams. Andrew Luck was brilliant, but a lot of his passes were to an elite group of tight ends. Jim's Stanford was primarily a running team, even with one of the best qbs in college. Stanford's defense was a top notch as well.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Take a look back at the Standford teams. Andrew Luck was brilliant, but a lot of his passes were to an elite group of tight ends. Jim's Stanford was primarily a running team, even with one of the best qbs in college. Stanford's defense was a top notch as well.
This. He never relied on Luck to win games in college. He'd only have him throw short routes on 3rd down or rush for a 1st down. Most of Stanfords huge plays came from YAC/screens.

Again that's the scheme and only one guy you can blame for that. Harbs though should have enough common sense to see that and can him.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Harbaugh chooses to get thrown under the bus. He compares Greg Roman to Chip Kelly. He defends his crappy scheme and his 2 yard WR routes on a 3rd and 10. You want another 5 years of mediocre offense and watching the Seahawks win the division?

I don't have an issue with Harbaugh getting another contract as long as he fires Greg Roman. I think York/Marathe/Baalke are in that same boat. Unfortunately Harbaugh won't do that.

You make it sound like Jim makes these Personnel moves, and I'm pretty sure it's Baalke.

They just gave a big contract to Kaepernick, one that is only really guaranteed if he gets hurt or makes his marks. Well he's not making his marks, and I'm sure Baalke/York want to make sure he doesn't get hurt, HENCE the lack of running.

You really think Harbaugh wants to lose? I'm sure he knows he can run CK7, but I think the big shots don't want him getting paid sitting on the side.
Old 12-10-2014, 01:56 PM

You make it sound like Jim makes these Personnel moves, and I'm pretty sure it's Baalke.

They just gave a big contract to Kaepernick, one that is only really guaranteed if he gets hurt or makes his marks. Well he's not making his marks, and I'm sure Baalke/York want to make sure he doesn't get hurt, HENCE the lack of running.

You really think Harbaugh wants to lose? I'm sure he knows he can run CK7, but I think the big shots don't want him getting paid sitting on the side.
Harbaugh was offered an extension before this season started. He turned it down. He has a hard time making friends with Baalke and York. Even when this team was winning, that was said about him. There is a reason no one at Stanford missed him when he left. He's a tough guy to get along with. You think all that talk of turmoil in the locker room was bs now? There was clearly something going on behind the scenes since this offseason.

Which personnel moves are you talking about? Baalkes killed it in the draft and trades.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM

I don't think Harbaugh wants to lose but he certainly doesn't want to win either. This team has made the same mistakes for 4 years now. I can understand trying to see if Kap could be a pocket QB but that idea should have been **** canned after our loss to the Bears or Arizona or Seattle or Rams.

When you start looking at the big picture and seeing how this offense performed the last 4 years, you come to the realization that there has been a problem the entire time and if Harbaugh isn't smart enough to realize what the problem is, then maybe its time to get someone more competent.

You can even look back at his Stanford days with Roman calling his plays. He's going to be a perrenial 5 year contender anywhere he goes that will never reach the pinnacle of the sport. I can put money on that.

Next year he might go to the Raiders and make them a playoff team. Then everyone will tout about how he saved your program. Did he really though? He'll leave you guys the same place he left us 5 years from now. You might get to the playoffs but his OC will gameplan his way out of them.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Old School

Harbaugh was offered an extension before this season started. He turned it down. He has a hard time making friends with Baalke and York. Even when this team was winning, that was said about him. There is a reason no one at Stanford missed him when he left. He's a tough guy to get along with. You think all that talk of turmoil in the locker room was bs now? There was clearly something going on behind the scenes since this offseason.

Which personnel moves are you talking about? Baalkes killed it in the draft and trades.
Though Baalke has gotten some great defense guys, his offensive guys have been bad man.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Old School

I don't think Harbaugh wants to lose but he certainly doesn't want to win either. This team has made the same mistakes for 4 years now. I can understand trying to see if Kap could be a pocket QB but that idea should have been **** canned after our loss to the Bears or Arizona or Seattle or Rams.

When you start looking at the big picture and seeing how this offense performed the last 4 years, you come to the realization that there has been a problem the entire time and if Harbaugh isn't smart enough to realize what the problem is, then maybe its time to get someone more competent.

You can even look back at his Stanford days with Roman calling his plays. He's going to be a perrenial 5 year contender anywhere he goes that will never reach the pinnacle of the sport. I can put money on that.

Next year he might go to the Raiders and make them a playoff team. Then everyone will tout about how he saved your program. Did he really though? He'll leave you guys the same place he left us 5 years from now. You might get to the playoffs but his OC will gameplan his way out of them.
I'll be take 3 or 4 playoff years in a row. Even if he leaves us, I bet the team will be In a better place.

But I think he needs an owner and GM who don't get in his way... Davis and McKenzie could be that. And I think Roman doesn't come with him. And even if he does, well, he will have a great QB with Carr and a good RB with Murray. Rivera is shaping up to be a solid move TE. There are some good pieces there. Some good drafts and we will be set.

That's gotta appeal to Jim or Roman.

I think Roman is pushing Kaep to do something he's not good at. But I think that pressure come from York/Baalke cause they don't want Kaep to run.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Old School

To think Ray MacDonald not getting benched was a big deal, this whole team now is really a mess man.

Dark times ahead.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)