Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
People are way too quick to jump ship... call themselves fans huh
QFT. We've seen a LOT worse in the decade preceeding Harbaugh's tenure. Bandwagon fans for sure.

-Brian
Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
QFT. We've seen a LOT worse in the decade preceeding Harbaugh's tenure. Bandwagon fans for sure.

-Brian
Good! Nobody likes bandwagon fans anyway. Never around when everyone is starving, but happy to show up for the feast.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
So sad that Harbaugh got thrown under the bus by York and company. Makes me officially not a York fan, as a matter of fact I call for his head!

Niners haven't seen any success for 8 years! 8 friggin' years of Nolan and Dingleberry, etc. Not only was it success with Harbaugh, it was consistent success, 3 NFC Championships and 1 Superbowl appearance? Yea, it ain't like they got the Superbowl, but why throw Harbaugh away? Dude's gonna be the option of 20 teams in the NFL. I think York did him so wrong to tweet and this and that saying "He won't be paid like a Superbowl coach til he gets one" yada yada. If it ain't broke, don't fix the damn thing. All of this **** this year is trickling down, starts from the head York.

I heard this one on the radio, but York needs to get his own head out his own mangina, and let the Coach do his job, not say sorry to fans. Alls you need to do is be in the playoffs because anything can happen when you're there, miss 1 playoff out of 4 years of coaching, and Niners haven't gone since god knows when, so sad that Harbaugh is treated the way he is.

Makes me pissed. I mean look at Coughlin and other headcoaches, yea they have some bad years, but every now and then he strikes gold. Same with Tomlin in Pittsburgh. 1/100 is Belichick, but Harbaugh has a good record of it.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:25 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Harbaugh gets too much credit for his success the last few years. What did he do for our offense? Its literally been our defense/ST unit that got us to the NFCCG and the Superbowl. Fangio should get way more credit for our success.

Kap is also Harbs hand picked QB and he's regressed because the offensive scheme blows and Kaps too interested in the lines in his hair than learning to read defenses and improve his touch throws. This years team has been the best offensive unit we've had yet they're ranked last 5 in offense. Our offense put up 0 points all year in the 4th quarter. That's on Harbaugh/Roman/Kap. Hell even the years we made deep runs under this coaching, we were ranked in bottom half on offense.

Harbaugh dug his own grave in SF and personally I don't think there is anything wrong with what Jed York tweeted. Its frustrating as a fan watching this team **** the bed week in and week out and then Harbs spewing the same bs in pressers and defending his OC/dumb playcalling/QB play. It was a breath of fresh air to see that the owner shares the same feelings as his fanbase.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 12-08-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Harbaugh gets too much credit for his success the last few years. What did he do for our offense? Its literally been our defense/ST unit that got us to the NFCCG and the Superbowl. Fangio should get way more credit for our success.

Kap is also Harbs hand picked QB and he's regressed because the offensive scheme blows and Kaps too interested in the lines in his hair than learning to read defenses and improve his touch throws. This years team has been the best offensive unit we've had yet they're ranked last 5 in offense. Our offense put up 0 points all year in the 4th quarter. That's on Harbaugh/Roman/Kap. Hell even the years we made deep runs under this coaching, we were ranked in bottom half on offense.

Harbaugh dug his own grave in SF and personally I don't think there is anything wrong with what Jed York tweeted. Its frustrating as a fan watching this team **** the bed week in and week out and then Harbs spewing the same bs in pressers and defending his OC/dumb playcalling/QB play. It was a breath of fresh air to see that the owner shares the same feelings as his fanbase.
Watching this unfold as a non-Niner fan, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

The defense is what really made the team great. The offense worked well enough because you had to respect Kaep's ability to run at any time and Gore is just a monster. Now, when the defense is missing some very key guys, someone decided to turn Kaep into a pocket passer this year and keep the ball out of Gore's hands. That someone should be out of a job.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL

-Brian
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Good! Nobody likes bandwagon fans anyway. Never around when everyone is starving, but happy to show up for the feast.
agreed
Old 12-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by FXTbrah

He is the ONLY REASON you guys are any good. He turned that place around.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Watching this unfold as a non-Niner fan, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

The defense is what really made the team great. The offense worked well enough because you had to respect Kaep's ability to run at any time and Gore is just a monster. Now, when the defense is missing some very key guys, someone decided to turn Kaep into a pocket passer this year and keep the ball out of Gore's hands. That someone should be out of a job.
Pretty sure that's CK7 himself OR the OC. I don't know why that would be Jim.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I agree with that. All the pieces were in place (+ a few he added) he just found a way to put it all together and make it work to a potential super bowl threat. Everyone has seen the stats before and after he showed up, its been amazing what he's been able to do. It's a damn shame it has to come to an end like this, really hurts to watch the team unravel like this.

Our defense has been good even with losing big names to injury/cap/contract etc (brown, whitner, willis etc) and with the addition of Hyde and Johnson you'd think we'd kill everyone.

I agree, I know the ultimate goal for a QB is to be more evolved in the pocket but man he was so good (or at least good enough to get it done) last year don't know why we would change that now. You'd think as well with how Kap's game has been going they'd revert back to give him success. I don't think it's necessarily been that teams figured out how to defend against him, its more that the offensive coaching has changed his mentality to look for the pass and stay put rather than get moving and make plays on the ground/throws on the run
Old 12-09-2014, 10:54 AM

Greg Pappa was suggested this and it may not be a bad idea. Assuming and there is nothing to indicate that this is not the case that Harbaugh is gone.

Keep all the other coaches except for Roman. Bring in someone like a Mike Shanahan. Someone established and can call the plays. Not a long term solution but certainly a 2-3 year solution when the current players are still good.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by En3D
Greg Pappa was suggested this and it may not be a bad idea. Assuming and there is nothing to indicate that this is not the case that Harbaugh is gone.

Keep all the other coaches except for Roman. Bring in someone like a Mike Shanahan. Someone established and can call the plays. Not a long term solution but certainly a 2-3 year solution when the current players are still good.
This is a pretty good idea. I may be in the small minority, but I think Harbaugh needs to stay. Hopefully with a touch of humility and a desire to right this offensive offensive-ship Twas a much darker time before he came into the mix. I hope he and Jed/Baalke can figure it out and make it work. Another coaching candidate has not been brought up that I feel could do a better job.

-Brian
Old 12-09-2014, 02:08 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy

-Brian
Roman and Kaep are the problem. Roman is to stupid to deviate from his plan even when it isn't working and Kaep is too stupid to move through his reads and make smart passes. Two weks ago he had a man wide open for the first and instead tried to bomb a TD into double coverage...

Put him on the bench for the rest of the season and get fresh players some time on the field. Even if we make the playoffs we'll be out immediately.

I like Harbaugh and I think he's going to stay as HC... but Roman needs to go. The packages that he comes up with week after week are anemic at best and only play to our weaknesses, ie, can't make Kaep a pocket QB because the O-line is torn up, cant get receivers open when theres no threat of a designed run to draw S's and LB's up to cover the run. Dumb, dumb, dumb...

still not as stupid as burning a jersey.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Yea seriously. People are terrible, fair weather at best.

I really don't want to see Harbaugh go. Like really don't but I feel like its inevitable. You never know though, headlines will fade when the season ends and people don't get to watch the niner turmoil every week. Maybe things will settle down and the management will be able to take a look at themselves and realize getting rid of him would only hurt them. Best case scenario though...
Old 12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
No Fangio/Tomsula/Leavitt is the reason why we were good. We just needed a competent HC that didn't come in and blame everything on Alex. Even then our leading scorer all year was David Akers. He took over when our division was soft and was basically able to strongarm teams because of our D. Now that the rest of the division has caught up, he's unable to compete due to the OC being a ****ing potato.

I would be fine with us keeping Harbaugh but he's unwilling to cut ties with Roman and for that reason he can kick rocks. They want to turn a mobile QB into a pocket passer instead of design plays that fit his strength. What was the point of drafting Kap and getting rid of Alex if your playbook was going to stay the same? Name one offensive player that improved drastically under Harbaugh/Roman?
Old 12-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Car Info: Nadda
^ I disagree man. Harbaugh came in, settled Alex down, and things clicked. Was it an awesome fullblown offense? No, but I can see this year they tried to aim for that and it didn't work, maybe they went too far for Kaep too early, sure he isn't Wilson, but Wilson uses his legs, and I think if Kaep understands he's gotta scramble instead of throw crap passes deep (better if a dump off) he'd be ok. He isn't the Elway yet, scrambling and tossing 30+ yard bombs with consistency, use his legs while he still has them like 10 times a game and he'll be fine. So many drives could have lasted a lot longer if he just took off after the first or second read or dump the ball off and let the back beat a man.

Niners were **** 'til Harbaugh arrived. He is also loyal, which is why Roman is the man, but I bet he'd switch Roman out. As for the other coaches obviously they're doing great jobs, but people cannot blame Harbaugh for this mess. I still can't believe there is an opposite polar side, saying stake him or he wasn't anything. He took a sub 500 team for 8 year and brought them to 3 NFC Championships and 1 Superbowl appearance, and this year is almost factual out of doubt. But that kind of run shouldn't mean he gets submarined, the dude deserves a contract. It's hard to find winning coaches with consistency, and by all means it's hilarious that Harbaugh is the same record as Petine, yet he gets thrown under the bus in SF and Cleveland is deems Petine the savior.

Kaepernick has skills, Use him right and he's just as deadly as Russel Wilson. They got too fancy, they need to ground and pound.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-09-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2014/2015 Season (Hello Levi's Stadium!)