I F'ing HATE SJPD.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

If I were the cop, at the point where the man refused to obey my instructions, I would just back off and radio for back-up before taking any more actions. It seemed as if the cop exercised poor judgement and was not ready for the escalation when it happened. Unfortunately, an innocent "can you get that guy to leave" turns into the killing of a disturbed man. By the time the chair throwing and punching began, the situation was already out of hand. The cop had no option but to use his gun, otherwise this guy would habe beaten the snot out of him, disarmed him possibly, then God knows what ...
Old 09-28-2004, 05:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Originally Posted by thebankman
When a member of your family gets shot and killed by the cops, you might just change your mind about "those liberal douches" trying to make people not be "dead"
Actually I wouldn't. If a family member of mine rushed the cops, they get what they deserve. Sure I'd be sad and miss them, but I wouldn't cry that the cops were overstepping their bounds.

Is there no personal responsibility left in this world? Good point someone made about the cop being disarmed...pretty easy to take a holstered gun away from someone.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:26 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I heard there is going to be a protest againts that starbucks on Saturday.

Wonder if the cops will show up, that would be classic. :x
Old 09-28-2004, 09:34 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by mexicanpizza

Is there no personal responsibility left in this world?
no... that's why ACLU, liberal lawyers, and some democrats are for.

recent case in oakland.

alcohol traffic stops were suspended since cops would ask for license.

well some of the illegal aliens werent too happy and a group supporting them protested saying that the illegal people werent doing anything against the law. (spot the irony there and win a prize).

so oakland caved in and had it suspended.

but it's back again and more protest.

http://www.smdailyjournal.org/articl...&storyID=35164

fav quote from the article:
But Hispanic community leaders and City Council President Ignacio De La Fuente complained that the checkpoints were making life miserable for illegal immigrants who aren’t licensed to drive but otherwise obey the law.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:03 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
Hey Mexican pizza... with all due respect, luckily I am not a relative to you, and you are not a cop or one who protects my community.

For God's sake, it's a human life. And it is fine to take it away just because he screwed up a bit? For the "possibility" that he could have disarmed the cop, bare handed no less, or with a chair or something? Like others mentioned, the cop had so many options, pepper spray, call backup, and tried to take, say ONE shot instead of mutilple. That guy was not armed with an AK and shooting around...

The cop should be responsible for the mistakes he made. Too bad, not in here though.

Put it in a simple way, had he not arrived, the man couldn't have been killed and the man couldn't have done much damage to the public than he already did.

Originally Posted by mexicanpizza
Actually I wouldn't. If a family member of mine rushed the cops, they get what they deserve. Sure I'd be sad and miss them, but I wouldn't cry that the cops were overstepping their bounds.

Is there no personal responsibility left in this world? Good point someone made about the cop being disarmed...pretty easy to take a holstered gun away from someone.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:46 AM

and any of you calling the starbucks making death threats, **** off because now the manager is in a federal protection program.

Since the arguement has gone on a while about who is in the wrong, how about the store workers getting none stop death threats at work AND at home?
What do you people think about the manager that told the cop the guy wouldn't stop smoking in front of the store?

I am curious to see what happens saturday at the rumored protest.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Nice, Republicans using someone's untimely death for political gain. Fitting.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:34 PM

Me? Republican? No! Im too poor to be republican. =x