how not to have a good group drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
Originally Posted by CoryTurner
here is a link to the white car's owner's response...
http://flat4lv.com/smf/index.php/topic,20875.0.html
That loser actually asked people to help pay for this medical and insurance bill Dude needs to die.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by ucbsti
this is why I dont really participate in group drives any longer

Can't control the road conditions and can't control those in front/behind you.
amen. you start following the car in front and have no idea how fast you are going.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 AM

Car Info: MY86 XT
Exclamation

If you donot have a permission to post the photos of those cars as well as people in the photos, you need to delete the photos asap. There are laws to protect them.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by YUJI
If you donot have a permission to post the photos of those cars as well as people in the photos, you need to delete the photos asap. There are laws to protect them.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
It happened in a public place, he can post pictures of whatever the hell he wants.

You fail miserably.

I think he should have taken close-ups of the license plates and sent them to insurance companies EVERYWHERE

Old 01-21-2008, 11:50 AM

Car Info: 07 STI
Any group drive I'm on I always stay in the back. The last hwy 9 drive I went on a 06 SRP STi went off the side right into a tree....never again.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:01 PM

Car Info: 05 sti
so i see both owners are now trying to get an 08 sti...
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
well that sucks
Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX

mind posting up this law you speak of?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon

well i am the one that took the photo's....
i didnt post names or license plates so they are my pictures to do what i feel like doing with them, to the best of my knowledge. if the mods on here dont want this post, they can decide that. just for information wise i took over 100 pics at the scene.

I'm also in the hiring process to become a CHP officer so i can keep things like this from happening! they are lucky to be alive and should be grateful for that fact alone and accept full responsibility for their actions. at the scene there were people that were talking about how if it was them they'd call and say their cars were stolen etc...BS!

I'm posting these pictures in the hopes that they will in some way affect yours/your loved one's lives.

Perhaps u'll remember these pictures in the back of your head right before your about to do something silly with you car, and it may prevent you/others from doing so.

I can also post those other pics of wrecked subaru's i've collected off the internet for the past few years, because the best way to prevent accidents is for people to understand what really happens. and words do not get through to people, but visuals like pictures work better.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:49 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ucbsti

mind posting up this law you speak of?
no kidding...

open road... public event.

as per the drive. looks like they screwed up and the dude in the white car admitted it.

Organized drives are a common deal with online forums from scions to pt cruisers to lambos. Accidents happen.

I've been on quite a few... ranging in size from 5 cars to 35 cars and I can tell you that I've NEVER been on a drive with over 10 cars that did NOT have an accident. People get out there and push harder than their abilities and/or the conditions are permitting. There are not maintained race tracks. The roads are cleaned. Hazards are there... whether it be another car/motorcycle, police officer or dirt in the road. It's dangerous.

As for me... that's why I stopped going on these HUGE organized drives with people I don't know. And that's why my wife is NEVER in my car on these drives. I wouldn't put my S/O in that kind of situation... besides the fact she wouldn't let me... haaaaaa.

I'm glad everyone is o.k.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 1999 Subaru Impreza L Wagon
oh ya and so a few weeks ago i decided i'm going to start a club/group of subaru owners that are passionate about promoting safe driving. if you are interested i figured today was a good day to sit down and get it online, right now it's just a myspace group, but i'll get a geocities page done in a few days.

currently i'd just like to get groups together for dinner etc...and try to get some group drives together (maybe TSD if i can attend one before hand to see how to organize it) eventually i'd like to have real track days set up, or at least groups of us to go to NASA events etc.

Subaru Owners Promoting Safe Driving
Old 01-21-2008, 02:17 PM

another reason why i stopped going on group drives 1.5 years ago. people always wreck. for awhile there i woudl go to a group drive every weekend for 6 weeks, every single weekend someone wrecked. haven't gone on aother since them (minus hammy)
Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Daredevil
another reason why i stopped going on group drives 1.5 years ago. people always wreck. for awhile there i woudl go to a group drive every weekend for 6 weeks, every single weekend someone wrecked. haven't gone on aother since them (minus hammy)
think you stopped about the same time I did.

last one I went on was up hammy and a guy lifted and went into the mountain right in front of me. I still have his fog light cover in my closet.

now if I do them it's with like 4-5 cars all with radios and driven by people I know and trust.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
think you stopped about the same time I did.

last one I went on was up hammy and a guy lifted and went into the mountain right in front of me. I still have his fog light cover in my closet.

now if I do them it's with like 4-5 cars all with radios and driven by people I know and trust.
yuuup

Quick Reply: how not to have a good group drive