How did you ORIGINALLY hear about i-club?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by OwlBoogie
I saw they were having a meet at Milpitas In-n-Out that night and decided to go, all the way from Daly City.
That's almost as bad as my journeys from Watsonville to the Duke meets. Driving home at 2am... WOOT! haaaa
Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
When I was in the market for getting a wrx, my gf told me her ex used to go on this forum all the time, but didn't remember what it was called.
I started searching and found naisoc, asked a question and immediately got hatted on.
Went to i-club and my life has never been the same...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 2010 WRX Sedan
from SHAGGY after I bought my SUBIE
Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
My coworker Heather bought a wrx wagon and I was thinking of buying a new car or truck. I had actually settled on an Audi A4. She was stoked on her car and kept telling me about it. Then shortly after another coworkers boyfriend came by in a sedan and took me for a spin. Until that point I always thought of subaru's as mountain cars or rally cars.

I was stoked on it. So my coworker told me to meet up with her friend Kevin. So I did. I went to my very first UCKK meet to meet Kevin (Wrexr). The rest is history.

It was a life changing moment for me. You wouldn't think a car would do that but it really did. Justin is one of the best friends I have on this planet and he and his wife are godparents to my baby girl. Bluwrxwagon.

Jeff Ipozestu is another person I met on this forum and I consider a very close and hopefully life long friend.

Cliff, Lil Jeff, Steve, etc... all guys I consider close friends.

A lot of the old school guys I really wish I could hang out with more Ave, Kevin, Mike (yeah way before GST, lol!), Paul, Alex, etc. HUGE list of old school guys.

I'd do anything for most of these guys. I really wish I lived closer to Mike and Paul because I enjoy every moment I get to spend with you guys. Constant smiles and TONS of information. And even though I don't see Kevin anymore I'd still be there if he needed it.

We're talking about people that stood with me at my wedding, my bachelor party, held me up when I was falling apart at the loss of my dog, guys I snowboard with and even work with. All guys I wouldn't have met without i-club.

Name another forum and car that can make statements like this... seriously!

I've been on forums for YEARS. I'm an O.G. honda forum guy, have thousands of posts on hot rod forums, etc... this little BAIC group we have here is pretty awesome. Even if most of you guys are *** holes.
Word son!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
it's cool to hear everyones iclub stories haha, some really old school members stillpost up!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:18 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Got some parts at Bozz Performance and their mechanic (can't think of his first name but I believe he's one of the i-club originators?? IMPREZR??) asked if I was on any of the forums. I had never heard of a forum in my life and he told me to check out i-club.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
The STi has been my dream car since freshmen year in high school. In senior year I met the owner of a 2007 SWP panda sti. Became good friends and he told me about I-club. Lurked on here for a while, and joined when my parents bought me my car a couple months later for graduation and the gpa.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
back when the street races were big in milpitas, before the fast and the furious came out, my friend had just got a 2001 impreza rs. we went out to the races one night.. right off junction, some other guys in an impreza asked my friend if he was in I-club. he registered.. then a few years later the bug got me and then i was officially active in 06 after i got my STi.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Around the second half of 2010 (or something like that), I needed to get some parts from a Subaru dealer, so I went to Capitol Subaru. I was purchasing my parts, they asked if I was on i-club. Turns out, i-club members get discounts so I guess from there, I joined and realized this is where all the Bay Area Subaru drivers are
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Got some parts at Bozz Performance and their mechanic (can't think of his first name but I believe he's one of the i-club originators?? IMPREZR??) asked if I was on any of the forums. I had never heard of a forum in my life and he told me to check out i-club.
Alex.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:30 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
I was searching for maintenance information and i-club was the top search results. I think I joined in 04 but forgot my original username.

Last edited by subie OCD; 01-25-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
My coworker Heather bought a wrx wagon and I was thinking of buying a new car or truck. I had actually settled on an Audi A4. She was stoked on her car and kept telling me about it. Then shortly after another coworkers boyfriend came by in a sedan and took me for a spin. Until that point I always thought of subaru's as mountain cars or rally cars.

I was stoked on it. So my coworker told me to meet up with her friend Kevin. So I did. I went to my very first UCKK meet to meet Kevin (Wrexr). The rest is history.

It was a life changing moment for me. You wouldn't think a car would do that but it really did. Justin is one of the best friends I have on this planet and he and his wife are godparents to my baby girl. Bluwrxwagon.

Jeff Ipozestu is another person I met on this forum and I consider a very close and hopefully life long friend.

Cliff, Lil Jeff, Steve, etc... all guys I consider close friends.

A lot of the old school guys I really wish I could hang out with more Ave, Kevin, Mike (yeah way before GST, lol!), Paul, Alex, etc. HUGE list of old school guys.

I'd do anything for most of these guys. I really wish I lived closer to Mike and Paul because I enjoy every moment I get to spend with you guys. Constant smiles and TONS of information. And even though I don't see Kevin anymore I'd still be there if he needed it.

We're talking about people that stood with me at my wedding, my bachelor party, held me up when I was falling apart at the loss of my dog, guys I snowboard with and even work with. All guys I wouldn't have met without i-club.

Name another forum and car that can make statements like this... seriously!

I've been on forums for YEARS. I'm an O.G. honda forum guy, have thousands of posts on hot rod forums, etc... this little BAIC group we have here is pretty awesome. Even if most of you guys are *** holes.
agreed................. on the *** holes part.

here is uber maus' wedding
all of SCIC was there (13). The three grooms men: Life plaza Sigma Pi (co diver) sigma pi.

Last edited by sigma pi; 01-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Alex.
Did he look like this?

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 AM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
I used to build a bunch of Tamiya RC cars with my bro...guess which was my fave?
Name:  IMG_20110125_091005.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  168.0 KB
Name:  IMG_20110125_091019.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  117.9 KB

Then we got a bootleg copy of gran turismo 1 from the PI, and always used the Suby. Fast forward to June 2001, my dad picked up a WRB WRX sedan from Ron Price! hahaha, what happened to those guys? We then started thinking about mods and so we searched the internetz for ideas and came across i-club, which still had the blue/yellow interface of nasioc. I signed up under the sn 'bluperlrex'. If i do a search on nasioc, i can see all my old posts from almost 10 years ago! I was such a noob.

I started going to the Union City Krispy Kreme meets, tried to organize some Daly City Krispy Kreme meets, and even went on a few drives up to four corners with some folks. But when I moved to San Diego for college, i stopped checking in I-club.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
Originally Posted by mikev
I was going to trade my truck for a WRX, but it fell through and he said to check it out here
nowai is this MIKE FIVE?

there was an i-club sticker on the trunk of my car when I bought it

Quick Reply: How did you ORIGINALLY hear about i-club?