Don't F with Spiders....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 AM

Car Info: 04 FXT 6-Speed, 02 WRX(Sold)
Spray this every spring and you will find them dead on the floor for now on.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
Originally Posted by KOJAK-02-WRX
Spray this every spring and you will find them dead on the floor for now on.

Bought this stuff when I was living in Stockton but it sat in my garage... I'd find 1-2 BW's every other month but they weren't nearly as scary as the ones I had when I lived in GA. Ended up returning it after it collected dust for 2 yrs. When I was living in GA I saw BW's with buts the size of marbles. THAT SH!+ WAS CRAZY. About a month after I built my shed in GA, I saw a fu(k!ng roided out BW in my shed, from that day forward whenever my wife asked me to get something out of the shed my reply was "fu(k that, get it yourself". This one time I forgot to put my ramps away (in the house, took all my tools and cr@p out of the shed n moved it into our spare bedroom) and left it outside for a week, bad move. Flipped it over and it was like a BW hotel. Some BW had kids and there were atleast 30 of them in there, 1's and 2's chillin on their webs in almost all the holes on the underside. I get scared everytime I pick up my ramps... Traumatized for life!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
The problem with a lot of sprays is that once it's dry it doesn't kill them anymore. They can just walk over it and a lot of the pesticides are not designed to kill all kinds of spiders.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
No, the problem with pesticides is they kill EVERYTHING and you don't want to kill everything. I don't want to kill all spiders, just the ones that are where they don't belong, like in my house.

Garage this morning
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Phew! This thread gives me the heebie jeebies. Like a good horror flick, it's so creepy that I can't keep myself away.

Anyway, glad you're OK, Ray. I've never been bitten (knocks on wood), but had a very close encounter w/ a BW when reorganizing a shelf several years ago. My hand was a couple inches away from grabbing a fat handful of web & widow.*shiver*

Damn! All this talk has me paranoid about my snowboard boots sitting out in the garage right now. Tomorrow, I'm heading up to my buddy's in-laws' cabin in Twain Harte to shred Dodge on Sat. Just found out the property sits right inside nat'l forest land. Guess who's keeping his boots inside the house wrapped tight in a plastic bag?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
VIP Member

I have a bi-monthly spraying done at my house. Keep them suckers at bay. I was told that on some of the new construction houses, those on concrete slabs, that occasionally the BW's will make their home on the over hang of the stucco up in between the stucco and the plastic before the inside of the house. They will build their web near the ground and will only come out when it's dark. You'll just see this web going from the ground up to the stucco.

The only good thing about BW's, is they prefer the garage and they prefer it in areas that don't get disturbed often. But if you keep down on the clutter you are less likely to have them. Supposedly.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Phew! This thread gives me the heebie jeebies. Like a good horror flick, it's so creepy that I can't keep myself away.

Anyway, glad you're OK, Ray. I've never been bitten (knocks on wood), but had a very close encounter w/ a BW when reorganizing a shelf several years ago. My hand was a couple inches away from grabbing a fat handful of web & widow.*shiver*

Damn! All this talk has me paranoid about my snowboard boots sitting out in the garage right now. Tomorrow, I'm heading up to my buddy's in-laws' cabin in Twain Harte to shred Dodge on Sat. Just found out the property sits right inside nat'l forest land. Guess who's keeping his boots inside the house wrapped tight in a plastic bag?
Dude, every winter when first going to the cabin I'm always paranoid to put my boots on. The first thing I do is bang them around a little trying to stir up any critters that might be living in them. I still to this day, when I get shoes out of my closet that I haven't worn in a while, I'll step on the toes of the shoe hoping that if there is anything in there I'll squish them. hahah
Old 02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Dude, every winter when first going to the cabin I'm always paranoid to put my boots on. The first thing I do is bang them around a little trying to stir up any critters that might be living in them. I still to this day, when I get shoes out of my closet that I haven't worn in a while, I'll step on the toes of the shoe hoping that if there is anything in there I'll squish them. hahah
I used to do that with my work shoes Id leave at the front door. Black widows were all over the front yard. Luckily my shoes smelled bad enough that they didnt want to house in them.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
x2... I also shake em out after the 2 step..
Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
I used to do that with my work shoes Id leave at the front door. Black widows were all over the front yard. Luckily my shoes smelled bad enough that they didnt want to house in them.
Generally spiders don't like shoes IMO, quite possibly because they do smell LOL. I was told when I was in Tx and Az though, to check them first because scorpions don't seem to mind.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
They have them in Oregon and its wet up there. A friend of mine died from one.

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Wait there are brown recluses in Norcal? I thought they only lived in warm weather? Those things are no joke. Ive seen some hideous aftermath pics of their bites.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
When we bought our house in Elk Grove the home had been empty for six months. So on move in day we found three BW's. So we called the exterminator and fixed that. We didn't keep the service because we thought they were there because the house was vacant so three years pass and now we have two kids and I was on my way out the door to work and my 4 year old daughter yells daddy there is a spider and I am at the front door and can see it from there. There was a BW walking across our front room carpet. I ran over and jumped on it. We called the exterminator and set up twice a month sprayings. He came over and found three in the garage and two in the back yard.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
well,this thread isn't gonna make me jump into cleaning up the garage this weekend...gawdamm.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Thread gives me goosebumps. I remember burning a black widow.... set it on fire with a lighter + raid can.... after thinking about it now that was extremely stupid. Coulda blowned my hand/face off.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Bumping this to make sure people read it before going to bed.

Quick Reply: Don't F with Spiders....