Don't F with Spiders....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
wait what the hell are brown widows?
Brown Widow... originally from south america I think... no spreading across the country starting in florida.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Man reading all this and doing brown widow research has me scratching at every little itch I feel haha. Working on cars I see a lot of black widows, usually in cars that sit up in the hills for a long time. I prefer the brake clean and fire method.

Reading into the brown widow it says its just as toxic as a black widow but not as deadly, since the neurotoxin stays confined to the bite area apposed to the black widows which spreads throughout the body and organs.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
As we talk about spiders.... just took a shower.... HUGE ****ING SPIDER ON THE WALL I ALMOST SLIPPED.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:48 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Reading into the brown widow it says its just as toxic as a black widow but not as deadly, since the neurotoxin stays confined to the bite area apposed to the black widows which spreads throughout the body and organs.
There was an article a few months ago saying that the brown widow was quickly displacing the black widow in the western US because it is more adaptable and more aggressive than the black widow. Basically, the territory that suits black widows works for them, but they can adapt to more living conditions so they are taking over.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 04GG
There was an article a few months ago saying that the brown widow was quickly displacing the black widow in the western US because it is more adaptable and more aggressive than the black widow. Basically, the territory that suits black widows works for them, but they can adapt to more living conditions so they are taking over.
That's where I first heard about them. I was like.... well hell.... Think it was on yahoo.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:55 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Originally Posted by 04GG
Yeah I was just talking to a co-worker who has family in South America and he mentioned the brown widow and how common they are down there. He said the same thing, they like the damp dark area's like black widows and shaded outside area's like most other spiders. Either way, yikes!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I live in the country. We have huge spiders, gigantic raccoons, HUGE bats and even bigger owls. Mating cats, wild pigs, dear, and automatic weapon firing mexicans.

Spiders are pretty low on my list of concerns. Well.... little higher now.
Sounds like your on the edge... sorry couldnt help it, I wouldnt mind living in your spot ex. for the fact that there are spiders in there.....ahhh hate them!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM
General Pimpin'

It'll be up for rent in a few months....
Old 02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
I sprayed a black widow in the laundry room with raid one time and it kept walking...like "F*U bro!" So I sprayed that ***** until it was glossy and left it to see how long it took to die. It took over an HOUR.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Dude... I am not coming back into this thread lmfao.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:19 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Intredasting. Ive seen a whole bunch of different brown spiders before. No idea black widows could be brown too.

Theres one spider I always see in my house. Always coming in the bathtub from the ventilation fan above. Needless to say, they get killed on sight. They look like these.

Running Spider Information - Scientific Name, Taxonomy and Size
Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Look up a huntsmen
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
Yeah they are in our area, but they are generally in the woodland area's like Santa Cruz mountains. They like to hide in the dark. F' THAT!

So you got bit by a blackwidow? Did you go to the ER right away? I thought that was a sure death-bite. (?)
CPCS: Spider Bites

Black widow bites arent too bad unless you're allergic ofcourse. No ones died in the US in over 10 years.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:29 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
CPCS: Spider Bites

Black widow bites arent too bad unless you're allergic ofcourse. No ones died in the US in over 10 years.
Yeah. I just had gnarly high fevers, one night when I broke it I thought I was loosing my mind.... seriously.... and insane body aches and cramps. My kidneys feel like I went 12 rounds pacman banging on em. Still can't stand up all the way straight. I'm on a gram of ibuprofen every few hours at the moment. I can feel it wearing off now because my right arm is starting to feel like it wants to fall off.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah. I just had gnarly high fevers, one night when I broke it I thought I was loosing my mind.... seriously.... and insane body aches and cramps. My kidneys feel like I went 12 rounds pacman banging on em. Still can't stand up all the way straight. I'm on a gram of ibuprofen every few hours at the moment. I can feel it wearing off now because my right arm is starting to feel like it wants to fall off.
Sounds like that spider skeet skeeted its entire poison sac isnt you.

Quick Reply: Don't F with Spiders....