Anybody run the Calaveras Rd to Felter Rd loop from Sunol to Milpitas?

Old 03-18-2004, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STI
Cool. My own road. I've always wanted one of those.....

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com
Old 03-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by GarySheehan
Cool. My own road. I've always wanted one of those.....

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com

LOL!

hahahaha

Yeah, run that road bunch of times. I do think it's called Sierra rd though and not felter?

-Gagan
Old 03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
From Calavaras to where the little spur turns off it's Felter, But from there down into SJ it is Sierra Rd
Attached Thumbnails Anybody run the Calaveras Rd to Felter Rd loop from Sunol to Milpitas?-feltersierra2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2004, 10:11 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
ran that road with the evo group..it is fun but it just seems one lane..its two we found out the hard way..
Old 03-19-2004, 09:04 AM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Originally posted by duo
ran that road with the evo group..it is fun but it just seems one lane..its two we found out the hard way..
Funny I live one street over from Sierra and have run this road many a times, only 3 times in my wrx the other times in my friends car. It is one lane for a while while you are going up, from the Sierra Rd side, but once you get to two lanes it stays that way all the way down to Ed R. Levin. Oh yeah I don't drive fast on the one lane roads, I don't open up the Wrx until I hit the 2 lane section, and I have never ever seen any bikers or horse back riders on this road, how often to they come out?

Jason
Old 03-19-2004, 10:51 AM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
actually i don't see many mountain bikers on that road. I normally drive it in the afternoon when i get off work. I have seen people riding horses once or twice though but they usually are at the very begining of calaveras and not on the acual road.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:11 AM

Car Info: GDA
Originally posted by tk5dan
actually i don't see many mountain bikers on that road. I normally drive it in the afternoon when i get off work. I have seen people riding horses once or twice though but they usually are at the very begining of calaveras and not on the acual road.
not many mtn bikers...mostly roadies.

i start at the beginning of calaveras and ride up to the top, depending on how dark it gets. as i said before, it's dangerous enough even when it's light out. there's a horse stable at the foothill as well as one at the golf course a little ways up (calaveras side, once again). they will come out and ride on the side of the road sometimes.

my knee is jacked from a jump up at kirkwood 2 weeks ago...i'll be sitting it out for awhile. but if not, i'm there every tue/thur like i said....5:30-ish.

i still don't wanna see cars blasting through that area...there are houses, bikers, and horseback riders. if you do it, do it at night when it's unlikely you'll find people out on foot/bike/etc.
Old 03-19-2004, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan
Originally posted by doughboy
not many mtn bikers...mostly roadies.

i start at the beginning of calaveras and ride up to the top, depending on how dark it gets. as i said before, it's dangerous enough even when it's light out. there's a horse stable at the foothill as well as one at the golf course a little ways up (calaveras side, once again). they will come out and ride on the side of the road sometimes.

my knee is jacked from a jump up at kirkwood 2 weeks ago...i'll be sitting it out for awhile. but if not, i'm there every tue/thur like i said....5:30-ish.

i still don't wanna see cars blasting through that area...there are houses, bikers, and horseback riders. if you do it, do it at night when it's unlikely you'll find people out on foot/bike/etc.
I'm not advocating driving like a dumba$$, (I've been hit while on a bike), I just think it's an interesting drive and cool scenery.