Anyone use Prestige for their Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 12:35 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Anyone use Prestige for their Clutch?

I can not take it any more!
What was , at 5K, a quirk I could feather my way around has become a daily frightful experience at 21K.
In the morning and after a day at work I get in my car and just wait for the motormounts to shatter and the tranny mount to dump my entire transmission on the ground forcing me to go where I am going ala Fred Flintstone with mah feets flailing!

I have had good experience with the parts guys in the past but never dealt with the service dept. I tried to buy my car there but the Used Car Trade In General with his Preacher hairdoo and pinky ring jerked me around so much I just flipped him off went to San Rafael got a better deal and what I wanted for my truck , came back and flipped him off again!
Monday I am to call the man they call "Tim" , supposedly their Subaguru when it comes to warranty issues and I will begin the process that hopefully ends this terrible shudder which makes evry day a poopy experience. Those of you who know me know I baby this car , so I'm just expecting a rash of doodoo for what little mods I have, though I don't know how a cat back exhaust and lowering springs can ruin a clutch, I am just pessimistic that they will accept my claim.
Has anyone dealt with them for warranty claims if not this particular issue?Now would be the time to share your knowledge and help me sleep better
Here we go!
Old 02-21-2004, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Worst attempt at typing a coherent thought EVAR!
Old 02-21-2004, 02:11 PM

might be worth the drive to santa cruz :\
Old 02-21-2004, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
hmmm...

Max , why Santa cruz?
Don't see why I would have to go clear down there.
Mexicanpizza , thanks for your critique of my thoughts, however your reply doesn't help me one damn bit .If I were coherent , I might get offended.
Let me know if this is better:

Clutch shudders , contemplating going to Prestige in Santa Rosa,
anyone been there for this?
Old 02-21-2004, 02:52 PM

santa cruz is known for great customer service, as well as one of the dealers that actually will consider workin on your clutch under warrenty (i believe, i could be wrong)
Old 02-21-2004, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 08 STI
Prestige = Suk A$$

These guys are total losers. Maybe they're not as bad a Stevens Creek, but every experience I've had with them from just browsing the lot to having warranty work done was awful. The sales people don't know much about the cars, only that they want rip you off with a horrible price. The service people don't want to cover anything under the warranty and have tennancy to talk down to you. They even lost my keys for 30 minutes when I came to settle the bill. I've even found thier parts department isn't sure what parts they actually have in stock.

Whatever, I'm sure this means a lot more business for Bianco and Marin Subaru. Both of these are definately worth the drive and run by good people. We've bought both our Suabrus from Albany. When we get our third it won't be bought from Prestige either.

Santa Cruz is like everyone's favorite, just a little far.
Carlsen is also top notch, but also far.

Stay away from Prestige.
Another option is Askim's in San Rafael.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:53 PM

bianco subaru rawks as well
Old 02-21-2004, 11:23 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX / 06 f150 King Ranch
I took my 01 rs in to Prestige for a clutch shudder problem. They didn't fix crap. They said it's the nature of the beast crap...I'd say that I would go to Carlsen, Marin, Bianco or even up to Ukiah. I have serious fears about taking my new STi to Prestige. I think I will plan to take it to Marin or Carlsen for my first oil change. That's sad when we can't take our cars to the local dealer for service. That just sucks I wish SOA would fire them and find someone else. to you Prestige. Get a life and provide good service.

Paul...
Old 02-22-2004, 12:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
Another for Bianco....
Old 02-22-2004, 05:47 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
If current and former Prestige Imports customers can review that dealership on i-Club's Reviews section, it would be much appreciated, thanks.

I've uploaded a description for Prestige here.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 02-22-2004, 06:08 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by Daredevil
bianco subaru rawks as well
Yes. Go there and talk to andrew in sales, and let him you are an i-clubber, and what the situation is. he'll get you service, and help you out.

or call them, and ask for andrew in sales, and talk over the phone before you drive down.

-Gagan
Old 02-22-2004, 08:36 AM

Thumbs up Thank you

Now those were posts that helped!
I can now make my decision to start off at Marin Subaru where I bought the car and go from there, if I have too I will work my way all the way down to Santa Cruz to get this done!
I had a bad feeling about prestige anyway!

oops , sorry should have used the more acceptable , less rambling "Haiku" style...

not go to prestige , go to marin , thank you I-club friends
Old 02-23-2004, 06:02 PM

Re: Marin Subaru Service

Originally posted by El Grand Bano
John Culmer in service at Marin Subaru is a good guy!

I think all the dealers are going to tell you this clutch shudder is the nature of the beast. Subaru has a fix for it, but it involves a heavier fly wheel. Really, it shouldn't be too bad anyway. It normally shudders a bit until it gets warmed up, then goes away.
It was liveable for about ten thousand miles but has gotten very unbearable so even if it means a heavier fly wheel I could care less!It now does it everytime I start my car , not just in the morning.
Made my appointment at Marin to take it in and drop it off overnight so they can see for themselves. I will use mass transit to return to the north country , BTW , how much does it cost for GGtransit from San Rafael to Santa Rosa?
I am now taking bets , I say it won't do it for them!
Old 02-24-2004, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
I was treated with complete disrespect.
I will never go to Santa Rosa Prestige Imports again for any reason.
I posted my review in the reviews section.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Prestige for their Clutch?