The ANGRY thread. What pisses you off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Car Info: '04 WRB STi Stage 2
im just mad
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Car Info: rsti
Originally Posted by JasaJin
What pisses me off is when you have to take a mad **** and someone else is in the bathroom..
hahahhahah

what pisses me off is..............hmmmm ill get back to you on that
Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by brucelee
I don't understand your logic, Mr Gagan. Why would you be upset that people who wanted McCain to win are now upset that their candidate didn't win... ???
Because we're not trying to cheer on soccer teams. We're all on the same team but partisanship divides people and gives them the "Us vs Them" attitude. McCain and Palin represented what was wrong with the republican party, instead of sticking to a common message they based the last 3 month of the campaign on bashing Democrats. That's not what the Republican party is supposed to be about.

Gagan is mad that McCain supporters are more pissed about Obama's win than they are about the reasons why the Republican party has fallen apart over the last 8 years. Republicans, if they want to stay republicans, should be looking at themselves with a microscope and stop blaming Obama for being a lying cheat. Republicans should have focused all the hate for Obama on themselves and tried and fix their own damn party.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
there is nothing to be pissed about in life. if you are pissed that means you set your expectations. and when the world does not meet your expectations you are pissed.... well screw you if you are pissed. you are upsetting yourself and no one cares.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
there is nothing to be pissed about in life. if you are pissed that means you set your expectations. and when the world does not meet your expectations you are pissed.... well screw you if you are pissed. you are upsetting yourself and no one cares.
No offense, but if you have no expectations in life, what's the point?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I don't understand your logic, Mr Gagan. Why would you be upset that people who wanted McCain to win are now upset that their candidate didn't win... ???

I didn't want either party to win and am bitter that Ron Paul isn't currently the president, so does it make you angry that I feel the way that I do? What's so bad about being upset that the candidate that you wanted to win for whatever political reasons didn't win?

Sounds to me like you're being an elitist and a very sore winner.

I can't stand when people get mad at people for not being happy that they lost. For example, if Croatia and India was playing a soccer match and Croatia slaughtered India (which they would cuz India sucks ***** at soccer) and you got upset that your home country didn't win (lets pretend here), would it be right for me to get mad that you are upset that your team didn't win?

Thats probably the most illogical thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth dude.

I'm just trying to find the logic here because your statement lacks anything that could even possibly resemble any sort of logic.

It's rather simple... What is anyone going to do about it?!?

I didn't vote for Obama either, I voted for Ron Paul. I wish Ron Paul was president as well, but I'm not going to bash either McCain or Obama (but I will bash Palin though).

Sure, people are going to be upset, YOU are upset... But seriously, what does posting on forums and speaking to family and friends about it going to do? It changes nothing. 7+ Million people voted more for Obama than McCain. Obama got over 360 electoral votes vs McCain's 163. That's rather significant.

Obama was standing against McCain in this election (there were also 5 other canidates, but they weren't going to stand a change since they didn't have any real money or even get in on a debate), not a monkey. Sure, W was the biggest reason Obama won, but I feel McCain could've done better to fight in this election. W also lost control of the Senate and House to the Dems. W is to blame for much of this.

Thanks for calling me elitist Daniel. I wonder if I would've EVER have called you the same.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Because we're not trying to cheer on soccer teams. We're all on the same team but partisanship divides people and gives them the "Us vs Them" attitude. McCain and Palin represented what was wrong with the republican party, instead of sticking to a common message they based the last 3 month of the campaign on bashing Democrats. That's not what the Republican party is supposed to be about.

Gagan is mad that McCain supporters are more pissed about Obama's win than they are about the reasons why the Republican party has fallen apart over the last 8 years. Republicans, if they want to stay republicans, should be looking at themselves with a microscope and stop blaming Obama for being a lying cheat. Republicans should have focused all the hate for Obama on themselves and tried and fix their own damn party.
Very true. I registered as Republican, but turned Independent sometime before the 04 election. I don't know if I will ever go back. For me it would mean a return to a more traditional party along the same lines of what Ron Paul stands for, and not what Sarah Palin stands for.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:23 PM
Old School

And one more thing, I don't care about India. I'm an American, I have always viewed myself as being one since I've been born and raised here. If your situation were to be true, I would not feel bad at all for India. Also, I wouldn't feel bad if it were America instead. It's a soccer game, soccer doesn't have the same effect on our lives like politics. So, I guess I wouldn't care about the soccer game situation, or even if it had to do with Formula One (which something I do care about, but still not enough to be upset about things that stem from it).

at the end of the day, we have a new president. The majority of people have spoken, and they have voted for who they want. Just like they have in the past (usually).
Old 11-06-2008, 11:28 PM

No offense, but if you have no expectations in life, what's the point?

i am not offended at all. i had no expectations that anyone would like or care what i wrote. just sharing my thoughts. good things come to those who are ready. so someone out there was meant to read what i wrote and say wow, yes, that is true. others will not give a damn... does not bother me at all.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by kyoung05
I don't think it was just "3" people who thought this way. If those guys did, chances are, lots of other did too. On another thread, someone said that black voters in THIS election made up roughly 13% of the electorate, versus the traditional 10-11% in years past. What made those ~3 million people come out to THIS election, when they never cared to vote in previous elections?

Let's say Joe Biden was the candidate instead. Old, white guy, similar stances on the issues as Obama, etc. Do you think the turnout would've been the same? Do you think the black community would have come out to the polls in the numbers that they did? I sure as hell don't. I'm not saying McCain/Palin would have won, but I certainly think that (1) voter turnout would've been more or less the same as in years past; and (2) it wouldn't have been the "landslide" victory that it was.

I'm saying that I have a problem with so many people having voted for a candidate simply based on the color of his skin. I think it's ironic that the exact opposite of the very thing this "historical" election was supposed to represent (i.e. that African-Americans can achieve anything, that American society is truly color-blind) is what won him the election. I'm upset that so many people voted for him simply because "he's the black guy" and not because he's a democrat, because he supports tax cuts for those making less than $200k, etc. None of that mattered. It seems that those people would've voted for him even if he were running on the "give-me-your-first-born/eating-puppies" platform.

I'm not saying Obama isn't qualified - he is. I'm not saying he won't make a great president - only time will tell. I am upset because, to me, what happened here looked a lot like affirmative action - getting things based on skin color/ethnicity rather than merit.
I see what you are saying, but honestly out of all the things one could be upset about, I don't even think this one registers for me. If you are going to be upset about why 13% of people voted for Obama, then take a look at some of the McCain supporters we have heard on radio and TV over the past few months and reasons as to why they were voting for him. Most of the McCain supporters "talking" is what got me interested in this election in the first place - the overwhelmingly similar comments from people I have zero respect for. Comments that never once said anything positive about what McCain was doing - only bad stuff, usually incorrect, about Obama.

I dunno. I guess I just feel that it didn't happen this way. I don't feel that Obama won because of the 13% of people, showing a 2-3% increase over last year, made it to the polls. What of the other 87% of people who voted? What were their reasons? I bet "distaste for the last 8 years" bridges skin color and race here.

Anyway, I would hope that McCain supporters would be talking about what they could do better next time, identifying what went wrong without saying "Obama" or "race" or such things since IMHO that was not the issue. Personally I feel that if Obama were a white fellow, he would have won anyway. I also feel that there are many groups out there, much larger than the 13% mentioned, who voted for both candidates for "the wrong reasons." It is all of this that has pushed me far outside of any interest in politics before now. Feeling hopeless, trying to learn who would be best and make a conscientious descision only to find out that a huge group of people voted against my wishes for reasons that do not make sense to me (sorta what you are saying here I think).

Though after all that I have to say, if McCain would have won, I would have probably felt it was for the wrong reasons too, based on what I have heard people say/write over the past few months bashing Obama and the "Palin is a hottie" jokes that were waaaaay more sad than funny...
Old 11-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
Thanks for telling me and many others to screw off. Very mature of you.

I didn't want Obama to win because of my political views, however I wasn't exactly the biggest McCain supporter either... I'm not only mad that Nobama won, I'm also mad that we have a lame *** two party system.

I'm irritated that Obama got an *** ton of votes for very wrong reasons. If he was John Kerry running again, I don't think he would have won.

Regardless of my views, I can't be a little bitter that the candidate that I wanted to win lost? I really don't like Nobama and really wish he didn't win, and you'll hold that against me and tell me to screw myself?

Where the f' is the logic in this thread?

If McCain won and you didn't like the fact that he did win and you were a little bitter, would I tell you to go f' yourself? Hell no!

Man, this thread is irritating.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Thanks for calling me elitist Daniel. I wonder if I would've EVER have called you the same.
Sorry man, I guess I just misinterpreted your post... I didn't mean to offend you, I couldn't think of a better word to use then "elitist". Your post caught me way off guard since I know you personally and I couldn't picture you saying such a thing.

When I say elitist, I mean that exactly, and am not saying you're an elitist pricck.

In my dictionary, I see elitist as: Someone thinking that their views/etc are better then anyone elses.

An elitist pr1ck is someone who thinks that their views are the end all views and they become raging bastards when they are trying to prove their point. You're def not that.

Sorry if it came out wrong, I didn't mean to offend you, I figured you'd understand what I meant since you know me so well in real life, I'd never insult a dear friend. For that I am sorry.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
And one more thing, I don't care about India. I'm an American, I have always viewed myself as being one since I've been born and raised here. If your situation were to be true, I would not feel bad at all for India. Also, I wouldn't feel bad if it were America instead. It's a soccer game, soccer doesn't have the same effect on our lives like politics. So, I guess I wouldn't care about the soccer game situation, or even if it had to do with Formula One (which something I do care about, but still not enough to be upset about things that stem from it).

at the end of the day, we have a new president. The majority of people have spoken, and they have voted for who they want. Just like they have in the past (usually).
Dude, you read way into that. I said to pretend about the soccer thing... I used that as an example because people normally take soccer VERY seriously and have killed others during soccer matches... Like I said, it was just an analogy, I didn't mean it literally. I know you're not into soccer.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks for telling me and many others to screw off. Very mature of you.

Man, this thread is irritating.
Brucelee, my friend, i would never tell you to screw off. I was not talking to you or anyone in particular here at all. I was just stating how I feel about the whole world. I love living life in harmony and be calm by not upsetting myself with things I have no control over.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 AM

Next time be clear and through when explaining someone.

What I got out of the original post was that some people are MAD at McCain supporters who are upset because their candidate didn't win. Thats obviously flawed logic if read like I did.

Quick Reply: The ANGRY thread. What pisses you off.