The ANGRY thread. What pisses you off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
This is exactly why I have such a problem with this election. If people actually voted for Obama because they agreed with his stances on the issues, or hell, even knew what the issues were, I'd be ok with it. Would I still be upset? Sure, but would I be pissed off? No.

This election was won by morons. Morons who had no idea what the hell they were voting for, what the issues were, etc. They voted for the young "black" guy - plain and simple. It seems for most African-Americans, it was enough that he was black. Nothing else mattered.

For further reference, see also this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

This was also evident in hearing Lebron James and Kobe Bryant talk about what a historical moment this is, and how now black children can truly grow up thinking they can accomplish anything. Blah Blah....morons.

The president should NOT be elected because of what he looks like. He should NOT be elected because of the "precedent" it would set for future elections (see: C-c-c-combo Breaker Poster). He should be elected based solely on merit - is he qualified enough, does he have enough experience, does he have the requisite resolve, etc., just like every other job in this country.

You don't F'ing vote for a presidential candidate because he's the "black" guy. That's like having affirmative action for the office of the president. Are people really that f'ing stupid?
________
Bmw car club of america

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
^^^

People can vote for whomever the **** they want for whatever reason they want. Welcome to America. You're opinion isn't any more important than anyone else.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
^^^

People can vote for whomever the **** they want for whatever reason they want. Welcome to America. You're opinion isn't any more important than anyone else.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

This has probably never been more true than today.....

What if the doctor you send your sick child to was hired by the hospital administrators because he was the one with the shiniest belt buckle?

What if your office was going through "re-structuring" and decided to only retain the people with the darkest hair?

Voting is a right, yes. Even the stupid people should have rights, I guess. But when the exercise of rights by the stupid has a very real impact on me, I care.

This thread is about what pisses us off - it's ONLY about opinions. I expressed mine....
________
STREAMING VIDEO XXX

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by kyoung05
This is exactly why I have such a problem with this election. If people actually voted for Obama because they agreed with his stances on the issues, or hell, even knew what the issues were, I'd be ok with it. Would I still be upset? Sure, but would I be pissed off? No.

This election was won by morons. Morons who had no idea what the hell they were voting for, what the issues were, etc. They voted for the young "black" guy - plain and simple. It seems for most African-Americans, it was enough that he was black. Nothing else mattered.

This was also evident in hearing Lebron James and Kobe Bryant talk about what a historical moment this is, and how now black children can truly grow up thinking they can accomplish anything. Blah Blah....morons.

The president should NOT be elected because of what he looks like. He should NOT be elected because of the "precedent" it would set for future elections (see: C-c-c-combo Breaker Poster). He should be elected based solely on merit - is he qualified enough, does he have enough experience, does he have the requisite resolve, etc., just like every other job in this country.

You don't F'ing vote for a presidential candidate because he's the "black" guy. That's like having affirmative action for the office of the president. Are people really that f'ing stupid?

I hate people who are all bitter about Obama. Its somewhat upsetting and yet funny at the same time.

What did you expect? Obama isn't a Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton running in the primaries in the 80's here... this man just BLEW AWAY John McCain "Mr. American POW Champion of the US of A..."

Well, even though I didn't vote for Obama, even though I don't a **** for that crazy woman Palin... It's still pretty damn awesome. Progress, change... Setting this precedent of not having white males as president is IMPORTANT, and thank god it happened already, cause we can MOVE ON. We just need to get over it, and move on already. It doesn't matter how or why he got elected cause it's all over. I mean, seriously, how in the world did W get elected twice? I was all on the W bandwagon in 00, but by summer of 01 I knew he was a Moron... He got elected again in 04, I knew the country is filled with uneducated people. But this time, they voted for Barack, and honestly, it doesn't bother me. He's not an idiot like W, he actually has an education and can speak properly.

Seriously, how the **** did we put W in the white house for 8 years?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
Going off what Electra said.

On Saturday they (the mormons) came ringing on my door at 8 am. I was so pissed. It wasnt even the doorbell that woke me, it was you set my dogs off and they are way harder to shut up than the doorbell.

Basically just solicitors in general that come by hella early on Saturday.

They are stupid and I know this cuz they cant read the big *** NO SOLICITING sign on the door. Sometimes I just open the door point to the sign and slam the door shut.

Its like, NO i dont want to vote for you, no I dont want you to mow my lawn i spent a bagillion dollars on, no i dont want you to paint my ****ing curb with my address, and NO i dont wanna buy any ****ing meat out of the back of your pick-up truck.
Thats it. If a mormon wakes me up early im going to punch them in the face. And why aren't there ever any cool mormons with a moped or something.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:47 PM

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

This has probably never been more true than today.....

What if the doctor you send your sick child to was hired by the hospital administrators because he was the one with the shiniest belt buckle?

What if your office was going through "re-structuring" and decided to only retain the people with the darkest hair?

Voting is a right, yes. Even the stupid people should have rights, I guess. But when the exercise of rights by the stupid has a very real impact on me, I care.

This thread is about what pisses us off - it's ONLY about opinions. I expressed mine....
Just trying to give you one less thing to be pissed off about.

How about instead of being angry that people finally voted for a non-white president, how about you get pissed that we're always stuck with just two people to choose from. Sure there are a bunch of other people we know nothing about running, but we know they don't have a chance in hell of winning.

I'd be more mad that we're stuck with two candidates every time. Maybe if the morons had more choices they wouldn't vote for shiny belt buckles.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant

Three retards from Harlem is why you have a problem with this election? I guess I just don't understand. Do you really think that if, all else being the same, Obama were a white guy names Adam Johnson (or something) that McCain/Palin would have won?

Personally I would have left the country if McCain would have been elected. Lack of faith in the past 8 years, abject fear of Sarah Palin, not wanting to go on with the same old crap. I am, for the first time in a long time, engaged and interested in what happens with my country. I think that's pretty cool.

BTW.. My pops told me his mother voted for Kennedy because she thought he had nice hair. Now that is pretty weak.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Three retards from Harlem is why you have a problem with this election? I guess I just don't understand. Do you really think that if, all else being the same, Obama were a white guy names Adam Johnson (or something) that McCain/Palin would have won?

Personally I would have left the country if McCain would have been elected. Lack of faith in the past 8 years, abject fear of Sarah Palin, not wanting to go on with the same old crap. I am, for the first time in a long time, engaged and interested in what happens with my country. I think that's pretty cool.

BTW.. My pops told me his mother voted for Kennedy because she thought he had nice hair. Now that is pretty weak.
I don't think it was just "3" people who thought this way. If those guys did, chances are, lots of other did too. On another thread, someone said that black voters in THIS election made up roughly 13% of the electorate, versus the traditional 10-11% in years past. What made those ~3 million people come out to THIS election, when they never cared to vote in previous elections?

Let's say Joe Biden was the candidate instead. Old, white guy, similar stances on the issues as Obama, etc. Do you think the turnout would've been the same? Do you think the black community would have come out to the polls in the numbers that they did? I sure as hell don't. I'm not saying McCain/Palin would have won, but I certainly think that (1) voter turnout would've been more or less the same as in years past; and (2) it wouldn't have been the "landslide" victory that it was.

I'm saying that I have a problem with so many people having voted for a candidate simply based on the color of his skin. I think it's ironic that the exact opposite of the very thing this "historical" election was supposed to represent (i.e. that African-Americans can achieve anything, that American society is truly color-blind) is what won him the election. I'm upset that so many people voted for him simply because "he's the black guy" and not because he's a democrat, because he supports tax cuts for those making less than $200k, etc. None of that mattered. It seems that those people would've voted for him even if he were running on the "give-me-your-first-born/eating-puppies" platform.

I'm not saying Obama isn't qualified - he is. I'm not saying he won't make a great president - only time will tell. I am upset because, to me, what happened here looked a lot like affirmative action - getting things based on skin color/ethnicity rather than merit.
________
Body Science

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:27 PM

I'm saying that I have a problem with so many people having voted for a candidate simply based on the color of his skin. I think it's ironic that the exact opposite of the very thing this "historical" election was supposed to represent (i.e. that African-Americans can achieve anything, that American society is truly color-blind) is what won him the election. I'm upset that so many people voted for him simply because "he's the black guy" and not because he's a democrat, because he supports tax cuts for those making less than $200k, etc. None of that mattered. It seems that those people would've voted for him even if he were running on the "give-me-your-first-born/eating-puppies" platform.
I believe the black community would call this redemption. They have been told that they are our equals for the last 40 years. What better way to show it then by electing black man as president?

On top of that, Obama had the greatest campaign machine ever seen in this country. There has never been such a solid and meticulous presidential campaign in this country. Part of which included identifying registered democrats who didn't vote 4 years ago. Obama's campaign found all of those people and got most of them to the polls. McCain didn't stand a chance.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:31 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Anything made in China, Taiwan, and Malaysia...
Old 11-06-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX

On top of that, Obama had the greatest campaign machine ever seen in this country. There has never been such a solid and meticulous presidential campaign in this country. Part of which included identifying registered democrats who didn't vote 4 years ago. Obama's campaign found all of those people and got most of them to the polls. McCain didn't stand a chance.
Yes, that is what happens when you spend $640 million on your campaign.
________
Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center San Clemente

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:38 PM

Car Info: Your mom
What pisses me off is when you have to take a mad **** and someone else is in the bathroom..
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by JasaJin
What pisses me off is when you have to take a mad **** and someone else is in the bathroom..
Yes!
Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I hate people who are all bitter about Obama. Its somewhat upsetting and yet funny at the same time.

I don't understand your logic, Mr Gagan. Why would you be upset that people who wanted McCain to win are now upset that their candidate didn't win... ???

I didn't want either party to win and am bitter that Ron Paul isn't currently the president, so does it make you angry that I feel the way that I do? What's so bad about being upset that the candidate that you wanted to win for whatever political reasons didn't win?

Sounds to me like you're being an elitist and a very sore winner.

I can't stand when people get mad at people for not being happy that they lost. For example, if Croatia and India was playing a soccer match and Croatia slaughtered India (which they would cuz India sucks ***** at soccer) and you got upset that your home country didn't win (lets pretend here), would it be right for me to get mad that you are upset that your team didn't win?

Thats probably the most illogical thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth dude.

I'm just trying to find the logic here because your statement lacks anything that could even possibly resemble any sort of logic.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
[

What did you expect? Obama isn't a Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton running in the primaries in the 80's here... this man just BLEW AWAY John McCain "Mr. American POW Champion of the US of A..."

Just to make something very clear... Obama did not blow away anyone. George W. Bush did. We could have had a monkey running for president against McCain on the left wing side, and the monkey would even reign victorious against McCain. After the 8 years of republican cluster f'ing, there wasn't going to be any way we were going to sit through another 4 years of it.

It bugs me when people think Nobama is the end all/do all candidate. His skills as a politician did not grant him the key to the white house.

Quick Reply: The ANGRY thread. What pisses you off.