WRX theft in NJ is at an all time high

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:14 PM

someone tried to steal my 99 rs in philly...he pulled the door handle out of the door ,then pulled the roof trim off ,, then just broke the rear side window..thats when my neighbor chased him off....the only thing that stopped me from buyin an sti is the bling bling factor it has ..but i guess even with my slow rs i am not immune...
Old 04-18-2005, 02:49 PM

Does anyone notice that almost all the cars being stolen are droped off in East Orange? My mom's BMW 330Ci was stolen from a mall a few months back. We still don't know how they got in because everything on the car was in tact except for the damage they did to the car during their joy ride. I really think the East Orange police force should look into this, maybe that's where most of the robbers are coming from, or maybe that's just the place where everyone drops the cars after their done..
Old 04-18-2005, 09:23 PM

Car Info: MY98 2.5 RS, MY04 STI
wow, Seems that it's getting worst for the Subarus. I remember when everyone was making fun of me when I bought my RS back in '98. Now, our cars are high on the theft list. Luckily my RS was never messed with; however, when I bought my STI, it was stolen out of Hoboken a month later.... yeah... I was "pissed" to say the least. found it two weeks later in Newark. and they tried again a few months later, but no success... probably because they didn't have enough time

It's so easy to pull of the alarm horn wires off; that's probably how they got my car. The second time around I couldn't figure out why my horn wasn't working. Then I figured that the wires were pulled off.

Well, I have since moved to Florida and feel better going to sleep at night knowing that the chances are a lot less that my car will get stolen. Hopefully they'll do something about the theft in the NJ/NY area.

Cj
MY98RS
MY04STI
Old 05-19-2005, 09:15 PM

this is serious I live in Newark North Newark to be exact very close to all the places mentioned here in this thread. I live a few blocks from Bloomfield Ave all I have to say is no matter what you put on your car they will take it. I have friends whos old bad "acquantances" are are car thieves. These guys kno every trick in the book and no matter what you put in your car they will take it trust me. Its just funny the amount of things that you can do with a flathead screwdriver. I dont have a scoob but on my accord which is just as east to steal or more I put that chrome club that goes on my clutch that is every kind of cut or freon proof. If they cant clutch how can they drive a manual car right? Thats my motto, another thing is if they cant steal it they will get a tow truck and steal it this happned to a friend of mine. The thieves have connects and the worst part is they are all from East Orange and South Newark. South Newark is like the wild west its very different from north Newark. They kill cops around there its that serious. As for the E.O police looking into it u gotta be joking man cuz the EO police doesnt care they just wait until late night morning and they find the car abandoned. All the car thieves around here once they steal a car they hop the border into East Orange cuz the cops have to ask permission to continue a chase. But anyways get some protection on your clutches makes it harder to steal the car. Its better than many other forms because anything electronic will be stolen these guys take ECU's and anything of value out of the car in minutes and are usually in groups of either 2-4 people. So GUARD Your rides wisely. This is sad because I want an STi but i go to willowbrook and other places and they are now stealing subarus like cake its ridiculous.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by beastmode
If they cant clutch how can they drive a manual car right? Thats my motto,
You seem to have all this helpful knowledge yet you actually think a clutch boot will help? hmmm
Old 05-22-2005, 08:25 PM

i believe a clutch boot will help especially mine thats freon cut fire everything proof i am sure they have learned a way around it already but hey it will delay them some time definitely
Old 05-23-2005, 08:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
One of the cars stolen in NJ had an Autolock, they couldn't drive it so they literally pushed it away down the street with another car. The thieves here are determined.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:33 AM

Car Info: 97 Acura Integra
I have been living in Newark all my life, and my car havn't been stolen yet. I think people need to do a better job in locking there car down, and i dont mean buying all this comp **** for it cuz i know they still will take it, just keep an eye on your ****. My integra been safe for 3 to 4 years and its going to stay the way. Infact i want somebody to try its not going to. My block is my CLUB

Last edited by Brickcity04; 11-09-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:56 AM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX WAGON
You're lucky.

I'm glad to hear that your car has been safe so far. I don't know all of the nuances of Newark since I am from NY and have only been to Newark itself a few times, aside from going to airport. However, the times I have been there, (most recently this past July) it was painfully obvious to anyone with eyes and 1/2 a brain that the joint is a picture perfect example of Federal governmental neglect, and/or Municipal governmental corruption. And judging from news reports and crime statistics, moving there must be like going away to school at Thug University to work toward your degree in Criminal Enterprise.

It’s cool that nobody has effed with your ride. You either have mad juice in your neighborhood, or a f***ing rabbit's foot in your pocket.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:32 PM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy (deceased)
I think one of the most attractive features of the Impreza in a theives eyes is the windows. They don't seal into anything, they just go up and lay flush against the window fixture. All they have to do is get a scew driver in there, and pull the window outward. They can then shove a stick in the car and unlock it with the factory power lock switch. Disabiling that might help, or hooking it up to the ignition switch (it works with the car off).
They can do this either before or after they disable the horn (from under the hood).

I bought my car from NJ, it was stolen once and retrived, before it was my car. Subaru replaced tons of things (turbo, seats, seatbelts, battery, altenator, etc) because the insurance payed for it. It was stolen when the previous (Jersey) owner had it. I bought it at a nice discount because of this.

I wish you all luck, all you can do is slow them down (which is really all you need) they can flat bed your car away if they really want. If you slow them down enough they just might move on to the next car.

NY (upstate) welcomes you to our cities where its a bit safer for you cars.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:44 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
The next couple mods i do to my car is def, AZP security and something else security wise...My first car was stolen dec 1st 04 from my apt. and i still live here. So that means my car can easily get stolen or broken into again. I have lojack and another aftermarket theft deterent but im thinking about a fuel cut off and stage 3 from azp installs.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy GT Wagon OBP 2005
Exclamation Just saw a police chase on the G.S. Pkwy!

I was driving up the Parkway with my wife at about 5PM when I saw a blue 05' STi fly dow the shoulder off at Exit 142(Lyons Ave). In Persuit were a Springfield, NJ Cop and State Trooper. The STi looked to have a 30-Day Temp Tag in the rear window. Did anybody else witness anything near Exit 142 besides me or even at Richard Lucas Subaru on Rt. 1&9?
Old 08-25-2006, 05:49 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
A friend of mine, as well as my oss know just about every street name to find stolen cars on or by. When I go to work tomorrow ill ask them to ask everyone they know about jacking subies. Im sure someone will know where theese guys are located. Because its pretty relivant that its not just a bunch of diffirent people, insted its probably 4 groups of ppl the each go out and steal subies.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:49 PM

Car Info: MY98 2.5 RS, MY04 STI
Angry thieving ba$tard$

When my STI got stolen, I was living in Hoboken. Both my 04STI and 98RS were parked cars apart from my apartment. I guess the STI was a bit more appealing to the thieves. it was found in some where in of course "Newark" and then towed to some huge lot off of 1 & 9 ... ECUs were missing, headlights were missing, popped the trunk lock out, shift ****, I guess I was lucky they didn't have more time to strip my car. The ripped the STI cover (where the radio goes) I guess they thought something was behind there... LOL.. that was before I got my panasonic installed....

Well, I have since left the tri-state area and living down in FL now. Indeed I feel a bit more safe with my car in FL. Not sure if anyone knows what the car theft situation is in Vegas... i might be moving there in the next few months.

I still have to look into some real security systems; I haven't got a clue where to start. I still have the factory installed.

I have to start doing the research as soon as I move to a busier area.

good luck on securing your cars guys.

Cj
Old 02-23-2007, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 02 subaru wrx (blue)
reading this sh-t is crazy!!
its funny i just got my 02 wrx last june from a dealer in north brunswick(i live in ocean county)about 3 days after buying it i relized that sooby drivers did the "the wave" to eachother when passing, i felt pretty cool about that, its a sooby thing and im in the club now.lol.on the 4th day i was driving down rt 37(from the gsp to seaside heights) and i spotted a silver wrex comming up on me, he pulled up gave me the wave than passed. after he passed i relized he had that really dope carbon fiber catback and i was really interested on talking to him about were he got it.when we stopped at the light i asked him to pull over for a chat, we were talking for a bit, he than told me he just got his wrx back, i said what do you mean? he than told me it had gotten stolen at the RARITAN REST AREA on the gsp!! wtf?he said he pulled up, went in to take a **** and when he came back( in the matter of 5 minutes max) it was gone!!! he than told me he was getting rid of it for an s2000 because he didnt feel like dealing with the security issues with wrx's. sucks for him, i sure hope this trend of wrx theft doesnt make its way down to south jersey!! i still cant believe he even got the damm thing back!

Quick Reply: WRX theft in NJ is at an all time high