WRX theft in NJ is at an all time high

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 11:20 AM

Car Info: E36 BMW 325is
Re: sorry to hear bout all the thefts in nj

Originally posted by silver_rex_4eat
Here is an idea how bout a car cover. That may be enough to deter them some. And if you got some other security devices, club, lo jack that will help.

chris
Car cover = Something valuable to you = most likely expencive/modified car = More attention because most cars are not covered and yours is....

at least from my point of view...
Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 PM

another car cover forumla Ive seen at work:

car cover + roudy kids = "we can throw cinder blocks and bottles at the car, and hey, it doesn't matter, he's got a car cover to protect the car anyway"...

Unless you're living in a Very rual / innocent area of the country, car covers are a big no-no...
Old 02-10-2004, 03:30 PM

s*&%, im scared now.... In Union, NJ alone there have been 8 WRXs stolen, which is where I live...I'm afraid that if I buy one, it will get stolen the next day! what i was planning to do after i get my 2004 WRX this summer is to get a manual fuel cut-off switch and Lo-Jack the first day i get the car. I think its the best first modification you can do to a Subaru...
Btw... How are the insurance rates in NJ for you younger drivers out there? Im afraid its going to go up because of the high theft rate. Although come to think of it, Camry's and Hondas get stolen a lot more than Subies so it shouldn't be noticable to the insurance companies. (only to us WRX'ers)
Old 02-11-2004, 09:41 AM

Car Info: URBAN GREY 07 STI
get your self a garage before you get your rex,and stay away from malls and movie theaters.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:01 PM

what about the insurance? How much you guys pay in NJ?
Old 02-11-2004, 05:27 PM

Car Info: URBAN GREY 07 STI
its expensive in n.y. ,so im sure it will be expensive in n.j. .reason its a high performance turbo car and there has been alot claims for theft and accidents on these cars. ive had my rex since it first came too the u.s.a so nobody really new about these cars back then, and didnt have worry about theft .I miss those days.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:34 PM

Car Info: i have a mr2
do you guys know if gc8s ..rs' ...get stolen ? or is it mostly wrx, sti .. i jus got my 4door l and im planning on dropping an ej20..but all these comments about cars getting stolen makes me feel like ill be driving a civic, in the terms of it getting stolen. its also bad becasue i commute to newark, south orange, nutley, bloomfield on a daily basis.. so much for front mount intercooler
Old 02-12-2004, 08:18 PM

hmmm... how bout insurance? how much you guys pay and how old are you???
Old 02-18-2004, 07:32 PM

is the "how much you pay for insurance?" is the FORBIDDENT question??
Old 02-29-2004, 08:09 PM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy GT Wagon OBP 2005
Once again I'm posting some info up here!

Insurance is high here if you are a young person, most notably male and under 25! I pay for high risk insurance because of the B.S. game here due to Whitman & now McSleezy...My total yearly premiun is about $3700 for full coverage, but I have my wife on my insurance, have had more than 10 points and other problems. I got the married rate after about 2 or 3 months, where I got about $500 back for my insurance company... Simply put if you're a pretty new driver in the eyes of these insurance CO's in NJ, then you will pay about $4500 for yourself and this is under 21 not on Mommy's & Daddy's insurance. Get your own insurance in the end anyway, keep the points down and drive with sense...Big note most insurance CO's that are still doing business in NJ will say that they aren't accepting new drivers looking to be insured, find a local agent that can get you the best amount of coverage.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:58 PM

well i have relatively "cheap" insurance at 19yo because im on New Jersey Manufacturers which is considered the cheapest insurance in NJ.
full coverage for a 1993 325is im paying 2600$, which is a 1000$ less than Liberty Mutual and 2000$(roughly) less than State farm and most other insurance companis in NJ!

for the WRX im expecting to pay somewhere between 3200-3800$ a year... hopefully not more than that.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:27 AM

Car Info: Subaru Legacy GT Wagon OBP 2005
NJ Manufacturers is prety low, but you have to meet their prerequisits to consider coverage. The fact that the WRX has a turbo still puts the insurance up in price, and another thing to consider the closer you live to NYC the higher the premium. If you live south of New Brunswick, NJ then you may have a lower premium than someone else who lives further north. There are a lot of variables to consider when trying to get the best pricing...

Quick Reply: WRX theft in NJ is at an all time high