Move!

I am so glad I made it out alive.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
this is so upsetting, im scared for the well being of my wrx
Old 06-08-2004, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Bob STI
My silver 2002 WRX was stolen last weekend (3/6) out of the Montclare art museum's parking lot. It was recoverd in East Orange with "Heavy front end damage". Had the factory alarm. When I went to see the car there were 2 other wrx sedans, one wrx wagon, and one black STI in the impound lot in East Orange. All stolen for joy rides. I'm thinking of getting an STI if the insurance comes through. Anyone know of a security system that actually works?

Bob, i graduated from Montclair State Univ. a year ago and prior to graduation I had a 2000 civic si with, Autoloc, Club, Top-of-line alarm with dual motion sensors, dual stage shock sensor, 2 sirens, placed securely, alarm kill switch and a HIDDEN FUEL CUT OFF KILL SWITCH. YET they still drove off with my car!!!
I got a new Sube now and don't waste the effort of putting any alarm on my car except the stock. If they stole my civic that easily, im not wasting money again to get my car stolen. Im just not parking my car anywhere unsafe. It will either be in my garage or friends garage. Montclair has the worst security I have ever seen!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 02:00 PM

So I guess this is affecting queens, NY as well? I live in Flushing and I am/WAS about to purchase my 04 WRX tomorrow........ ANd I was considering telling them to put in the Subaru security system but if it doesnt do a thing I might as well get an aftermarket alarm or something. Thanx a lot guys........ So is it happening around Flushing, Queens, NY as well? Should I still get the Subaru security system upgrade or aftermarket?
Old 06-13-2004, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by Chronos
So I guess this is affecting queens, NY as well? I live in Flushing and I am/WAS about to purchase my 04 WRX tomorrow........ ANd I was considering telling them to put in the Subaru security system but if it doesnt do a thing I might as well get an aftermarket alarm or something. Thanx a lot guys........ So is it happening around Flushing, Queens, NY as well? Should I still get the Subaru security system upgrade or aftermarket?
I got the Subaru security system upgrade cause it is just available, but if you are going to get an aftermarket, just get a REALLY good one... stuff like motion sensors, sound sensors (glass breakage), shock sensory, kil swithc, and whatever the new alarms come with now.
And i fyou get the new car, good luck and jus thave fun with it and remember its only a car!
Old 06-13-2004, 02:56 PM

also i had another question, do aftermarket alarms come with turbo timers ? or you gotta get that seperate?
Old 06-13-2004, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 2000 RS Coupe/1990 Mazda Protege, zoom zoom..
there is a stolen car sticky on nasioc.com in the tri-state forum.

there is alot more information to be found over there because more of us stay over there.

i dont come over here unless nasioc is down for maintnence...so if anyone in the thread asked me any questions im sorry if I didnt answer them.

feel free to contact me on nasioc.com though.

Jay
Old 06-13-2004, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB
There have been some thefts and attempted thefts in Queens but it is more sporadic than in NJ, where it appears the same individuals are responsible for most of the thefts. I don't think this should stop you from buying a WRX, but you are correct to be concerned. The Subaru alarm system by itself is not that highly effective against knowledgeable theives, but can be made more useful with some enhancements. Or, you can go with a professionally installed aftermarket system. The installation is just as important as the alarm itself.
For more info on the Queens/LI situation you can check out the forums over at SQC, http://sqc-ny.com/forums/index.php
Old 09-14-2004, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 2004 Silver/Silver STi, '99 Ducati 900ss, Yamaha Blaster
damn this is sick. Something needs to be done.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:16 PM

Car Info: URBAN GREY 07 STI
move out of n.j. or get a garage thats the only way
Old 10-24-2004, 01:11 PM

Car Info: MY98 2.5 RS, MY04 STI
Angry

WEll, guys i bought my STI in August of 2003, I love the car a month later it was stolen out of hoboken right in front of my apartment. Again, no broken glass. 2 weeks later it was found in some chop shop along side some other totally stripped cars in Newark (ARMPIt of NJ). Head lights were gone, every single computer removed, stolen spare, stolen gameboy advance (bastards). fortunatlely nothing else was damaged. I didn't have a radio so that was good. the idiots thought there was a radio behind the plate and messed it up badly. looks like they tried but not hard at all to take the passenger airbag. Long story short got my car back 4 months later from the shop (back then, the parts were hard to get from japan. I don't know how it is now). I highly recomend Valley Auto Body and Fenders in Westwood, NJ

My theory of how my car got stolen is this: they pull out the harnesses from the horn (two of them). I know this because about 4 months later after I got the car back, some idiot cut me off and I tried to beep the horn and SILENCE. I was gonna take the car to the shop and then i noticed just poking around that there were some wires hanging loose I looked around more and found out that they they were from the the horn I connected one and bam! I had a horn and then connected the second wire and my horn and alarm sound was louder. It's that easy to pull the wires off and then you have time to work on breaking in. I also noticed that they there was a screw driver mark around the grill; looks like they were trying to pry it out.

I remember when I first got my RS back in 98 everyone was ******* me for getting a subary and now, our cars are in such demand. the good news is that I just recently got a radio in my scoob... Panasonic CQ-VD7500u; I only got it done because as of typing this i no longer live in the north east and I don't think the theft is that high in the FL area. I think a feul cut off switch is probably the best solution; my dad's 944 had it. But if they want the car, they will get it. I've heard stories of cars being stolen with a flat bed. where there's a will, there's a way.

Cj

'98 RS Rally blue/Gold
'04 STI black/silver
Old 11-21-2004, 06:37 PM

Boy am I glad I live in South Jersey. But I aint taken any chances...I gotta hooked up alarm on my ride.

Quick Reply: WRX theft in NJ is at an all time high