Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Peace Loving Muslims Blow up Hotel

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:32 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Salty
You're missing my point. I'm not saying there aren't peaceful Muslims because that's just silly talk. I'm just saying that the one percent (13,000,000 or the population of Illinois) is giving you and other Muslims a bad rap. Sorry but the word of 13million people can't easily be dismissed.
I'm not saying to dismiss them, but a disturbing majority of uninformed people believe that it is the majority, not the minority of Muslims that are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers when that is simply not the case.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

This is where it doesn't make sense. Why don't you lump them in? If they really wanted to commit these acts then why use Religion as an excuse? Seems like too much effort. My point is Religion can be a beautiful thing but it can also be the problem. There are many different forms of Christianity so why can't there be one that's more radical? We accept every other form ranging from the ones that belittle women and speak tongues to churches with stereotypical flamboyant preachers that know how to work a crowd.
What I am saying is that I don't think religion is the cause of these people's actions. I think that they are terrorists using religion as justification of their actions.

They can say, "God wants me to burn down these buildings and kill these people," when really it's just, "I hate these people (for whatever reason) and want to kill them. If I can blame it on a higher power then I can deffer the moral decision making process."
Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by irrational x
30 years war... its exactly what is happening to Islam right now.
Hmm... interesting observation. I have to do more reading as I have only a tertiary knowledge of this.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
BTW...I had no idea that you are a JDM Muslim.
I think we have talked about it before briefly.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
That's the fastest kind of Muslim there is. They also pray 6 times a day because of the higher octane hummus over there.
LOOK OUT!!! What happened to the burning rubber smiley?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Again, there's no comparing the modern/current Christian terrorists/terrorism with Islamic terrorists/terrorism.

Killing one specific person...a doctor providing abortions...is hardly the same as a suicide bomber killing dozens of innocents.
I'm not talking about one crazy that killed a doctor, I am talking about Christian GROUPS like the Nagaland Rebels in India that have killed tens of thousands. I am talking about the IRA and Orange Volunteers in Ireland. The Russian National Unity that bombed the US Consulate in Ekaterinburg. The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda - accused of using child soldiers and committing numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, porters and sex slaves.

More importantly terrorists acts ON U.S. SOIL BY U.S. citizens- The Klan, the Army of God
A number of terrorist attacks, including the Centennial Olympic Park bombing during the 1996 Summer Olympics, were carried out by individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity and Christian Patriot movements; including the Aryan Nations and the Lambs of Christ.

A group called Concerned Christians unsuccessfully planned to attack holy sites in Jerusalem at the end of 1999, believing that their deaths would "lead them to heaven."
I don't understand how one groups actions are worse than another. They are all terrorist murderers, Christian or Muslim.

Again, I have to point out, it seems to me like the majority of people being killed and injured in these "Islamic" bombings are Muslims. The most recent bombing in India - I think I hear that 11 people were killed and two of those were UN people.

Last edited by ryball; 06-11-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:25 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by ryball
What I am saying is that I don't think religion is the cause of these people's actions. I think that they are terrorists using religion as justification of their actions.
Isn't that what all practitioners of Religion do? I'm confused. If I approached someone after their daily prayer and asked them why they do this I would expect them to say "God wants me to pray five times a day", not "I noticed everyone else was doing it so why the hell not?" So if an action is based on violence it just doesn't count despite 13,000,000 views? You realize this is the size of the Mormon Church and we recognize them as a religion.

What if we asked these 13,000,000 people to associate their take on the Muslim faith with a different name? Peaceful Muslims would alienate their lion-share faster than you could say Allah by recognizing them as the evil, hate-driven religion.

So are they part of your religion or not? Nobody said being apart of the world's largest religion was easy. That crown getting a little heavy, Ryball. ****ing deal with it.

Last edited by Salty; 06-11-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Isn't that what all practitioners of Religion do? I'm confused. If I approached someone after their daily prayer and asked them why they do this I would expect them to say "God wants me to pray five times a day", not "I noticed everyone else was doing it so why the hell not?" So if an action is based on violence it just doesn't count despite 13,000,000 views? You realize this is the size of the Mormon Church and we recognize them as a religion.

What if we asked these 13,000,000 people to associate their take on the Muslim faith with a different name? Peaceful Muslims would alienate their lion-share faster than you could say Allah by recognizing them as the evil, hate-driven religion.

So are they part of your religion or not? Nobody said being apart of the world's largest religion was easy. That crown getting a little heavy, Ryball. ****ing deal with it.
I guess I see your point. I'm not trying to say that they aren't Muslims. I guess I am just trying to make a distinction between "Islamic" and "terrorist" in this context. They are not the same word. Islamic terrorist, fine, but they are not the same word.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:02 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Again, the big difference is that Islam is still the Islam of 1300 yrs ago.
There's no New Testament to the Qur'an to temper the "kill the non-believer".
Yes, I understand that most Muslims would not kill me for not believing.

Look at Esam Omeish.
He still believes in "the jihad way."

I don't get it.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

I guess I see your point. I'm not trying to say that they aren't Muslims. I guess I am just trying to make a distinction between "Islamic" and "terrorist" in this context. They are not the same word. Islamic terrorist, fine, but they are not the same word.
You're correct.
"Islam" = "Submit", not "terrorist".
Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

To further address the Christian violence/terrorism, State sponsored Capital Punishment, etc:

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.

Islamic terrorists murder more people everyday than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined.

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Again, the big difference is that Islam is still the Islam of 1300 yrs ago.
There's no New Testament to the Qur'an to temper the "kill the non-believer".
Yes, I understand that most Muslims would not kill me for not believing.

Look at Esam Omeish.
He still believes in "the jihad way."

I don't get it.
That is simply not true. There are a LOT of progressive Islamic movements. They just don't get the press that the radical groups do.

True, there are no "New Testament" writings because there is room to interpret the original writings in the context of current times.

Where the difference lies is the literal interpretation of strict "Islamic law" from single scriptures without taking the whole into account.

jihad in terms of the widely accepted "internal spiritual struggle" rather than an "armed struggle." The ideals of non-violence are prevalent in Liberal Muslim ideology and backed by Qu'ranic text; "permission to fight is given only to those who have been oppressed... who have been driven from their homes for saying,'God is our Lord'" (22:39)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal...s_within_Islam
Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member

You're correct.
"Islam" = "Submit", not "terrorist".
Thanks.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Obviously, the 9/11 attacks were the single most unbelievably evil act ever committed. But, is it worse when 19 people murder a ton of innocent people in two hours, when the IRA kills thousands over 30 years, or when tribunals kill innocent people over 350 years? I can't say that one person's murder was worse than another person' murder. They are all reprehensible.

I have to ask again, how many Muslims were killed in these "Islamist" attacks?

Last edited by ryball; 06-11-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Obviously, the 9/11 attacks were the single most unbelievably evil act ever committed.
Holocaust?

Quick Reply: Peace Loving Muslims Blow up Hotel