Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Peace Loving Muslims Blow up Hotel

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Peace Loving Muslims Blow up Hotel

TERRORISTS LAUNCH ATTACK ON PAKISTANI LUXURY HOTEL

PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- Suicide attackers in a truck launched an assault Tuesday on a luxury hotel commonly used by foreigners in Peshawar, firing guns as they stormed past guards and then setting off a huge blast that killed at least five people and wounded 65 more, Pakistani officials said.
Photos here.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Sad Sad day.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:50 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
when will those people be happy? :/
Old 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I know you're just stirring like you usually do, but "Peace loving Muslims"? How about "Taliban" or "Terrorists"?

I am a "peace loving Muslim" and hate to be lumped in with these terrorists. Just like Christians hate being lumped in with "crazy, born-again, bible-thumping, Westboro Baptist Christians" or the guy who shot the doctor in church.

"Islam" and "terrorism" are two different things. I know that the two words have become synonymous, but to lump them in is unfair. I know, I know, the terrorists say they are doing it in the name of Islam. Great. Well, where does that leave the rest of us who don't believe and weren't taught that suicide bombing will bring us virgins, etc.?

Gah, I get tired of defending Islam and trying to get people to think that "Muslim" and "terrorist" are not the same word. It's like trying to convince people that "Arab" and "Muslim" are different. I guess I am just trying to add to the voices so that when people say "I never hear of Muslims condemning these bombings"... well here is a Muslim condemning bombings and terrorism.

Maybe the thread should be changed to "Terrorists attack peace loving Muslims".
Old 06-09-2009, 02:40 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Paul, you are a moron. How about "Peace loving christian kills abortion doctor!"
"peace Loving Catholic Cristobal Columbus, thinks he finds new world, Kills millions for gold"
Old 06-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by horsecut54
Paul, you are a moron. How about "Peace loving christian kills abortion doctor!"
"peace Loving Catholic Cristobal Columbus, thinks he finds new world, Kills millions for gold"
Old 06-09-2009, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

You can't possibly be serious...comparing some **** head doctor killer to thousands of terrorists.
Originally Posted by ryball
I know you're just stirring like you usually do, but "Peace loving Muslims"? How about "Taliban" or "Terrorists"?

I am a "peace loving Muslim" and hate to be lumped in with these terrorists. blahblah
I'm no moron...*** hole, yes, ..moron, no.

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
That's too bad.
He's providing a legal service.

Or was providing.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
You can't possibly be serious...comparing some **** head doctor killer to thousands of terrorists.

I was thinking the same thing. **** it. Leave out terrorists and assume that maybe 1% of Muslims are simply terrorist sympathizers without access to explosives and AK47s. That's still 13,000,000+ Muslims worldwide. Maybe you should just give up convincing people with these figures, ryball. My Muslim friend did. Seriously.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
are you comparing smallpox and european flu to suicide bombing?...

...and paul is the moron?
Old 06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Hey, I wasn't the one that called you a moron.

Originally Posted by Salty
I was thinking the same thing. **** it. Leave out terrorists and assume that maybe 1% of Muslims are simply terrorist sympathizers without access to explosives and AK47s. That's still 13,000,000+ Muslims worldwide. Maybe you should just give up convincing people with these figures, ryball. My Muslim friend did. Seriously.
Why should I give up trying to convince people? Just because of shear numbers? That's an assumed 1%. 1%... and the entire religion is then about hate and bombing and beheading? I know that is still a lot of people, but it's still 1%.

It is tiring, but I am sick of people saying that Muslims don't speak out against stuff like this. So here is me speaking out. I'm not calling anyone names, just trying to stop people from trying to lump peace-loving Muslims in with the terrorists.

For godsake, more Muslims are probably hurt and killed in these type of bombings than non-Mulsims.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

List of wars in the Muslim world

Scroll down to "Current conflicts".

Suspect in soldier shooting says he was justified

Here's an example of an American converting to the Religion of Peace...and then killing Americans.

Islam is still preached according to it's "old testement" ways.
Islam needs a serious reformation.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

List of wars in the Muslim world

Scroll down to "Current conflicts".
So because these wars are in the Muslim world, they are "Islamic wars"? They aren't wars caused by extreme poverty, over scarce resources, or border disputes or warlord's squabbling over territory?

Without knowing much about the conflicts listed, this is what I glean from your links. Obviously a simplification, but...

Somalia - border dispute
Darfur - "believed to be an ethnic war rather than a religious war"
Kashmir - border dispute
Iraq/Iraqi civil war/Afghanistan/Northern Pakistan -
Israel-Palestine-Lebanon - Can we agree that this area is just historically fought over? Is it a land/border issue? Is it a religious issue? It's kinda like a Hatfield/McCoy Montague/Capulet thing? Been fighting so long...
Fatah-Hamas - civil war
Phillipines - "Culture, language, and tradition are also divisive"
Ogaden conflict - Oil
Thailand - soup?
Saudi Arabia - yeah
Yemen - gov't overthrow?
Kurdistan/Turkey - "revolutionary Marxism-Leninism and Kurdish nationalism"
Tuareg rebellion - sounds like Tusken Raiders

I agree that in some parts of the world, people are still teaching archaic and backwards interpretations of the Qur'an, but that seems like it is more based on cultural tradition and historic issues.

I'm having trouble blaming any of these conflicts solely on Islamic wars started to eradicate non-believers.

To say Islam is inherrently more violent or less tolerant of other religions than any of the other religions based on the same books (Christianity, Judaism) is silly. Yes, there are cultures that still adhere to literal, olden days interpretations, but that is the case for all religions.

This is what I have been trying to say. Islam and these backwards cultures/ideologies have to be separated. Just because they call themselves Muslims and are terrorists does not mean that Islam is terrorism. The majority of teachings are not of this radical type.

It just seems people are not able or are unwilling to differentiate the radical from the mainstream. There has been progress and reform and not all just recently, but none of that gets press.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Suspect in soldier shooting says he was justified

Here's an example of an American converting to the Religion of Peace...and then killing Americans.
So this is different than the crazy guy who killed the doctor in church, how? Both crazy murderers blaming their actions on their religion.

Plus, according to the story, this convert guy looks like he got ***-raped in a Yemeni prison. Why does everyone find God in prison?

Last edited by ryball; 06-10-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Islam is still preached according to it's "old testement" ways.
Radical Islam needs a serious reformation.
I will agree with you on these points.

Quick Reply: Peace Loving Muslims Blow up Hotel