Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

oh good, more selective moderation!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
oh good, more selective moderation!

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...=199718&page=2

Originally Posted by Magish
Originally Posted by irrational x
really?

maybe you should program the filter to ignore asterisks?

FU!
Maybe you should read the rules.

6. Circumventing the inappropriate language filter is forbidden. Repeat offenders will be set to Troll Mode.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by KOSTI

Oh so now it wasn't "blatantly racist"?

Originally Posted by rrational x
because its a picture of some pots
As I said and I will say it again....Dude is a face saver. Its a "joke" because it has pots in it... never mind the racist terms it was stating....

oh wait... I have my panties in a bunch with no sense of humor...

Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 2007 Nissan Frontier
The last thing I want to do is stop quality discussion from happening. Really.

However, the image was inappropriate and was not in keeping with the goals of the site. It was clear to anyone with fifth grade education that the word in the photo was the "n" word which is not cool. One asterisk doesn't do ****. Furthermore, there were members who were offended (in the thread, and who reported the thread) and that demonstrates to me that the image was not right for the discussion.

I don't like moderating in here. I don't want the vibe to change. I certainly don't want it to turn into NASTISOCK. However, that image was not okay and the thread was not going anywhere.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:10 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by KOSTI
As I said and I will say it again....Dude is a face saver. Its a "joke" because it has pots in it... never mind the racist terms it was stating....

oh wait... I have my panties in a bunch with no sense of humor...

this thread is not about you... this thread is about what seems to be that certain moderators only enforce the rule regarding dodging the swear filter. that thread should have been locked a long time ago, but then once a lame *** rule us bent, the lock comes out.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

The last thing I want to do is stop quality discussion from happening. Really.

However, the image was inappropriate and was not in keeping with the goals of the site. It was clear to anyone with fifth grade education that the word in the photo was the "n" word which is not cool. One asterisk doesn't do ****. Furthermore, there were members who were offended (in the thread, and who reported the thread) and that demonstrates to me that the image was not right for the discussion.

I don't like moderating in here. I don't want the vibe to change. I certainly don't want it to turn into NASTISOCK. However, that image was not okay and the thread was not going anywhere.
per your last post, you didn't lock it because of the picture, you locked it because IX posted two capitol letters which may or may not be an abbreviation for him telling someone to go **** themselves.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
this thread is not about you... this thread is about what seems to be that certain moderators only enforce the rule regarding dodging the swear filter. that thread should have been locked a long time ago, but then once a lame *** rule us bent, the lock comes out.
The lock only came out because the swear filter was dodged repeatedly (and I'm not talking about "FU" because I could care less about that) by the posting of that image, and it was clear that members were offended. If the image is removed from that thread by whomever posted it, the thread will reopen.

Cheers
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 PM

per your last post, you didn't lock it because of the picture, you locked it because IX posted two capitol letters which may or may not be an abbreviation for him telling someone to go **** themselves.
No, that was NOT the reason at all. I was referencing the picture only. I should have been more clear. I don't care about him telling me to **** myself. It was the photo alone that I was referencing. And that WAS innapropriate, and it continued to be posted by IX even after it was removed. That is what was not okay, and that is why the thread was closed.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:15 PM

I am just stating the content alone was enough, which you are also stating.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

so was it the picture which is offensive to black people, or the picture which is offensive to jewish people?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 PM

so was it the picture which is offensive to black people, or the picture which is offensive to jewish people?
Both. However, the first photo used the "n" word which is generally regarded as more offensive in-and-of itself than "Jew" or "Jewish" which, while used as a racial slur, is not automatically offensive. Also, nobody reported the second photo whereas they did with the first.

It is a strange line to walk.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:01 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
The lock only came out because the swear filter was dodged repeatedly (and I'm not talking about "FU" because I could care less about that) by the posting of that image, and it was clear that members were offended. If the image is removed from that thread by whomever posted it, the thread will reopen.

Cheers
i did remove it.... i got more complaints for taking it down than posting it in the first place.

did you even read the thread before you ****'d it?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
plays well with others

Both. However, the first photo used the "n" word which is generally regarded as more offensive in-and-of itself than "Jew" or "Jewish" which, while used as a racial slur, is not automatically offensive. Also, nobody reported the second photo whereas they did with the first.
how do you know im not black? if i was a black man or woman and i said "whats up ******" to another black person would that ok? maybe it was a shoutout to my ******s in "the town"

but im part jew so the holocaust is still funny

you are ****ing high
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM

how do you know im not black? if i was a black man or woman and i said "whats up ******" to another black person would that ok? maybe it was a shoutout to my ******s in "the town"

you are ****ing high
It stil wouldn't have been okay. <3 Jeff.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:14 AM
plays well with others

It stil wouldn't have been okay. <3 Jeff.
bull****. whatever helps you live with your hypocrisy
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 AM

you are ****ing high

Oh so now you are black?
gooooood lord

Quick Reply: oh good, more selective moderation!