Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Looks like global warming is legit..

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 12:36 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Salty
You know who lacks in priority? Black people and White trash. They never take priority in responsibility or finding work. See how it sounds that way too?
Hey, don't forget Spics & ******!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
just so you guys know there are idiots like this guy who share the same views and morals as you do.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...=134607&page=1
Old 05-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Dirty Redhead

Car Info: 05 WRX Wagon (Crystal Gray)
Originally Posted by Impooter
i think this is silly....the whole idea, not just global warming but the politics threads in the i-club "yeah lets all fight because we can!" people in general are so thick headed about issues like this, nobodys mind will actualy be changed at all by any of it, and politicians dont look for sites like this to try to change their own minds so were pretty much just fighting for no reason
Did you really think we talk here becuase we think we are going to change the world?

Who is fighting? We disagree and argue and discuss but I don't remember anyone fighting. Do you Salty, Oaf, Unregistered, Scoobsport and anyone else here? I've never been yelled at or physically assulted.

This forum is just like TV if you dont' get it, change the channel.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:26 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
I think the increase in CO2 levels in the atmosphere is directly linked to the growing popularity of paintball. It might be all those damn Chia pets in the 80s finally catching up to us.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Yea it's just the right wing Americans that are destroying the world...ha ha ha...lol...

Really though, out of all the countries out there we have some of the strictest environmental laws that are closely watched. Just take a look at China, Russia, Japan, middle east...ect. It's pretty brutal.

Hmmm, if I were to guess what's going to change life as we know it, I think I'd have to say the flipping of the magnetic polls. I watched a science special on that. We're way over due and it's going to screw everything up, including the atmosphere. Time to break out the FPS 1,000,000,000.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:28 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by gpatmac
Personally, I don't do much to help the environment. I litter whenever I can, am catless, throw all of my cans and glass bottles in the garbage....and I'm middle-of-the-road politically.

I don't believe in global warming just so I can get under folks' skin.

Lastly, I think that what 1Regu says about 40 years for cfc's to reach the ozone...I have no earthly idea but if it were true, I'd imagine that maybe it's because cfc's have a higher molecular weight. I dunno.
Hahahh, yeah, and don't forget that you enjoy venting a/c freon to atmosphere just for fun!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Woody Guthrie wrote this song about me.

Mean Talking Blues

I'm the meanest man that ever had a brain,
All I scatter is aches and pains.
I'm carbolic acid, and a poison face,
And I stand flat-footed in favor of crime and disgrace.
If I ever done a good deed -- I'm sorry of it.

I'm mean in the East, mean in the West,
Mean to the people that I like the best.
I go around a-causin' lot of accidents,
And I push folks down, and I cause train wrecks.
I'm a big disaster -- just goin' somewhere's to happen.
I'm an organized famine -- studyin' now I can be a little bit meaner.
I'm still a whole lot too good to suit myself -- just mean...

I ride around on the subway trains,
Laughin' at the tight shoes dealin' you pain.
And I laugh when the car shakes from side to side,
I laugh my loudest when other people cry.
Can't help it -- I was born good, I guess,
Just like you or anybody else ---
But then I... just turned off mean..

I hate ev'rybody don't think like me,
And I'd rather see you dead than I'd ever see you free.
Rather see you starved to death
Than see you at work --
And I'm readin' all the books I can
To learn how to hurt --
Daily Misery -- spread diseases,
Keep you without no vote,
Keep you without no union.

Well, I hurt when I see you gettin' 'long so well,
I'd ten times rather see you in the fires of hell.
I can't stand to fixed... see you there all fixed up in that house so nice,
I'd rather keep you in that rotten hole, with the bugs and the lice,
And the roaches, and the termites,
And the sand fleas, and the tater bugs,
And the grub worms, and the stingarees,
And the tarantulas, and the spiders, childs of the earth,
The ticks and the blow-flies --
These is all of my little angels
That go 'round helpin' me do the best parts of my meanness.
And mosquiters...

Well, I used to be a pretty fair organized feller,
Till I turned a scab and then I turned off yeller,
Fought ev'ry union with teeth and toenail,
And I sprouted a six-inch stinger right in the middle of the tail,
And I growed horns...
And then I cut 'em off, I wanted to fool you.
I hated union ever'where,
'Cause God likes unions
And I hate God!

Well, if I can get the fat to hatin' the lean
That'd tickle me more than anything I've seen,
Then get the colors to fightin' one another,
And friend against friend, and brother... and sister against brother,
That'll be just it.
Everybody's brains a-boilin' in turpentine,
And their teeth fallin' out all up and down the streets,
That'll just suit me fine.
'Cause I hate ever'thing that's union,
And I hate ever'thing that's organized,
And I hate ever'thing that's planned,
And I love to hate and I hate to love!
I'm mean, I'm just mean...
Old 05-02-2005, 11:39 AM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by Oaf
Contrary to the popular myth, which is spread by our resident foul-tempered potty mouth, conservatives & capitalists favor protecting the environment as much as anyone.
Why?
Because we make lot's of money using natural resources & by avoiding the stiff fines imposed on us that don't follow the rules.

And why are the fines there in the first place? Because of liberal politicians in the government. So even if 'conservatives' are economically friendly because it helps their bottom line, you can give the credit to the 'tree hugging liberal douches' who got environmental legislation through...even though they had to fight the capitalist conservatives that didn't want the fines to begin with, because the cheapest method would be to have no environmental legislation.

On the global warming issue...I took a few environmental chemistry classes recently, and there are two leading theories: 1) global warming is because of human fossil fuel consumption, and 2) even though humans are increasing the CO2 levels, we also increase particulate levels and particulates reflect UV before it enters the atmosphere so we are netting a 0 difference.
Smart scientists, some liberal and some conservative, are on both sides of the issue. The bottom line is this: If golbal warming is because of us and we try to decrease CO2 emmisions from humans there is no downside (environmentally), and there could be an upside (saving advanced life on earth). If global warming is not because of us, and we decrease CO2 emissions from humans, there is still no environmental downside. So basically, we might as well be cautious and wear our 'environmental seatbelts' and decrease how much green house gas we're emitting to the atmosphere.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
Originally Posted by MVWRX
So basically, we might as well be cautious and wear our 'environmental seatbelts' and decrease how much green house gas we're emitting to the atmosphere.

My point exactly. I said forget global warming- do you skeptics really think that we should wait until there is visible evidence to take action? How about a 'pre-emptive' strike? If we want to make this libs vs. cons, your side seems to understand the benefits and advantages of such action. There are already higher instances of respiratory illness in densely populated areas. This is an exponential problem, and will continue to get worse until people stop joking and get serious about the environment. It's easy to think that your personal litter or emissions could never devastate mankind, but the attitude, which is contagious, can do just that.

If you still feel cool and defiant when you litter or de-cat your car- good for you. The goal of preserving the environment shouldn't be a partisan issue, but it seems to be. If you put effort into spiting and undermining these efforts, I see you no better (morally) than the insurgents in Iraq trying to undermine our good-willing efforts, which also should, and does to a certain point, have bi-partisan support. At least those 'terrorists' feel what they are doing is right.

What purpose are you supporting by littering out of spite at the environmental movement? Are you preserving your coolness? Personally, I dont see recycling or anything green as 'cool'- so I guess if you are that desperate to join the 'cool' liberal-hating parade, go ahead and keep littering "whenever you can" Maybe you're trying to minimize the number of generations which live here after you're gone. Who knows- I sure don't.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 05-02-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:14 PM

Woody Guthrie wrote this song about me.

I didn't even see this before I just went off in that last post... I guess I read you right.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:16 PM

You know who lacks in priority? Black people and White trash. They never take priority in responsibility or finding work. See how it sounds that way too?
Are you trying to sound like a bigot? I sure hope so, otherwise, I don't get it.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
I didn't even see this before I just went off in that last post... I guess I read you right.
No.

Without fail, the only generalization that I can always say about those who are very staunch (ultra-liberal AND ultra-conservative) is that they have no sense of humor.

FWIW, the song was written about strike breakers and those who employed them around the turn of the century.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by scoobsport98
Are you trying to sound like a bigot? I sure hope so, otherwise, I don't get it.
No. You just didn't get it.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:26 PM

No. You just didn't get it.
care to explain?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:32 PM

No.

Without fail, the only generalization that I can always say about those who are very staunch (ultra-liberal AND ultra-conservative) is that they have no sense of humor.

FWIW, the song was written about strike breakers and those who employed them around the turn of the century.

Is this teh funnay forum now? I love it when people try to fall back on humor when they can't make a decent argument. I guess I'm 'ultra-liberal' by your vague classification, right? So how much was a joke? Evreything you've said in this thread? You have to realize you're posting on an online forum, not everyone knows you personally, and you should expect some of your 'humor' to be taken more seriously than it should. As I see it, that's exactly what your goal was- to get people to think that's what you're really like. So please, don''t act surprised, and for your own benefit, try to save yourself from appearing ignorant and juvenile. Unless, of course, that's what you're goin' for.

Last edited by scoobsport98; 05-02-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Looks like global warming is legit..