Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Dems adise themselves to stay away from liberals

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 02:43 PM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
Dems adise themselves to stay away from liberals

About time the Democrats wake up and realize they are marginalizing themselves.

http://www.dailynorthwestern.com/vne.../434637e79a469

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...601645_pf.html
Old 10-07-2005, 04:08 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
...if only republicans would take the same advice and try to distance themselves from the equally obnoxious and loud right-wing-christian-fundamentalists....
Old 10-07-2005, 04:11 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by MVWRX
...if only republicans would take the same advice and try to distance themselves from the equally obnoxious and loud right-wing-christian-fundamentalists....
and the imperialistic PNAC crowd.....
Old 10-10-2005, 10:39 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Dude, wake up. Whoever gets what you call the "obnoxious and loud right-wing-christian fundamentalist" vote wins the election. Just a reminder... they are the CORE of American society.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Didn't I say this exact same thing about two weeks ago when the issue over the crazy "God hates gays" thing came up? Oh yeah, I did and psoper called me crazy. Just so turns out some pretty reputable people think the same thing...........and they're democrats. Coincidence, I think not.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Dude, wake up. Whoever gets what you call the "obnoxious and loud right-wing-christian fundamentalist" vote wins the election. Just a reminder... they are the CORE of American society.
It's true. Liberals have never been able to make a dent in the side of this fact either. It's precisely why Hillary is seen as much more conservative these days. She's either a damn good actress or actually has grown to conservatism.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:05 AM

Car Info: Looking for a Liberty CRD
Third way worked Sooooo well for clinton, didn't it?

Let's see, under the "third way" regieme, we lost the house, and the senate. And we had a president impeached.

Those three need to go the way of the dodo

Triangulation doesn't work. If people want to vote republican, they're going to vote for a real republican. They don't need republican-lite.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by HellaDumb

So are you proud that the party you most agree with uses cult-like tactics to win elections? And they aren't nearly as representative of the country as you think...just how most conservatives call leftist activists the 'vocal minority', the bible thumpers are the same.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:27 AM

So are you proud that the party you most agree with uses cult-like tactics to win elections? And they aren't nearly as representative of the country as you think...just how most conservatives call leftist activists the 'vocal minority', the bible thumpers are the same.
They clearly represent at least 50% of the population (not getting into the electoral college). I'm not one to pick sides but I can assure you that under-scoring the Republican party as far as representation goes is very misguided. Just ask John Kerry.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:38 AM

I wasn't claiming that rupublicans are less than 50%...I was saying that the ultra conservative chritian right wing is similar to the ultra liberal left wing activists in that they both get more press and make more noise, but aren't representative of the country. Helladumb seemed to be saying that the Christian fundamentalists were the heart of the country...and that's not true.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:42 AM

I wasn't claiming that rupublicans are less than 50%...I was saying that the ultra conservative chritian right wing is similar to the ultra liberal left wing activists in that they both get more press and make more noise, but aren't representative of the country. Helladumb seemed to be saying that the Christian fundamentalists were the heart of the country...and that's not true.
Exactly!!! If you owned at news station would you have your press follow people that are just like 90% of the population (sounds like you) or the other 10% that is just as, if not more interesting than then marsupial section of the zoo? My point exactly. I think I pretty much am the general American when it comes to voting. I'm right in the middle. I don't want to hear about stuff I already know. Show me the crazies!!!!