Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

Funny how there aren't allegations of voter fraud when dems win ;), Reps show manners

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Funny how there aren't allegations of voter fraud when dems win ;), Reps show manners

Anybody notice the lack of protests or insane screeching about voter fraud and voter disenfranchisement? Is it funny, or does it say something about Republicans and how the Republican supporters take a lickin'. We don't cry like little *****es.

As a side note, it actually makes me wonder why the Republicans aren't asking for a recount in Virginia when the tallied votes are within the margin of error.... maybe it's a back room deal . There is no way in hell a democrat in a similar situation would hanldle it in the same manner.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15635543/
Old 11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Is it funny, or does it say something about Republicans and how the Republican supporters take a lickin'. We don't cry like little *****es.
I thought about this and think you're right. There's stereotypes within the parties and in some cases they're true. There's a reason why they exist. One party attracts a certain type of character more than the other. When you think of Berkeley or Seattle you don't relate it to the "Don't mess with Texas" attitude. Instead, you may relate it to elitist star bucks coffee drinkers that will complain in dramatic fashion when they're mocha is served too hot. This doesn't mean it can't go both ways... it's just not as prevalent.

As for Democrat politicians complaining about votes I don't necessarily think it's their nature (It could be). I think most dem politicians understand that because a lot of people within their party are more prone to *****ing, they have the option to ***** and be supported in their endeavor.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Yeah their manners are so good they went off to molest some young boys....

I mean while we are stereotyping I figure why not go there....
Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty
I thought about this and think you're right. There's stereotypes within the parties and in some cases they're true. There's a reason why they exist. One party attracts a certain type of character more than the other. When you think of Berkeley or Seattle you don't relate it to the "Don't mess with Texas" attitude. Instead, you may relate it to elitist star bucks coffee drinkers that will complain in dramatic fashion when they're mocha is served too hot. This doesn't mean it can't go both ways... it's just not as prevalent.

As for Democrat politicians complaining about votes I don't necessarily think it's their nature (It could be). I think most dem politicians understand that because a lot of people within their party are more prone to *****ing, they have the option to ***** and be supported in their endeavor.
You hit the nail on the head....There are these types in both parties and it may or may not be prevalent in one party or the other. I bet if either one of the Republicans in either race (Montana or Virginia) had been announced the winner first (as in 2000 and 2004 with some dems) and then had it rescinded then you would see them ask for a recount and make a stink but neither of them even led in the races on election day.

Either way a balance to Bush's Emperor like authority is never ever going to be a bad thing.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SilverScoober02
Either way a balance to Bush's Emperor like authority is never ever going to be a bad thing.
Not really if you use your brain to see what's going on. Bush wanted to do what Republicans wouldn't let him do, so now he gets to be the liberal he always was.

Just watch what's gonna happen... no border fence will ever be built, more amnesty, more social programs, socialized health care.... just f'n great.

On the other hand, I am glad the Dems are "at least talking about" doing something to slow outsourcing and stopping the insane CEO pay for those selling out America and American corporate workers.... never thought I'd take that stance!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
As a side note, it actually makes me wonder why the Republicans aren't asking for a recount in Virginia when the tallied votes are within the margin of error.... maybe it's a back room deal .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15635543/

Thought they were still looking at the recount?

Considering the issues in past elections about the validity of ballots (hanging chads) as well as certain types of ballots not being accepted (absentee), even though they were received in time for the election, in my opinion, recounts have been more than warranted.

If the margin is so close I would support the Republican's request for a recount, it's only fair.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:39 PM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by RedStage
Thought they were still looking at the recount?
He conceded, it was called last night.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Helladumb makes a good point though... Most of the Republican losers have bowed out with grace and class. Some were good leaders but went down with the burning Republican ship anyways. When the tables are turned the shrill liberals and dems come out and start screaming voter intimidation and fraud.

I mean any Republican could have made the argument that because a power shift was so unpredictable - especially with those incumbent Republicans that were actually good leaders in the last term but went down on the burning ship - that fraud could have been a factor in many cases. But nope. Nada. Nothing. Zilch.

And it's the people too. Where's Dre with his blueprint and expert opinion on the diebold voting machines? Where are all the recent blogs and publications with the same information and conspiracy theories tracing voting machine manufacturers to oil and big business (two stereotypes assoc with Reps)? There's nowhere near as many compared to 2000 thru 2004, if any at all...

Last edited by Salty; 11-09-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by RedStage
If the margin is so close I would support the Republican's request for a recount, it's only fair.
That's my point. The claimed victory margin for the dem was one-half of one percent, which is in the margin where a tax-payer funded re-count can simply be requested, BUT THE REPUBLICAN CHOSE TO CONCEDE ANYHOW.

IS THERE ANY DOUBT THAT A DEMOCRAT WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME?
Old 11-09-2006, 02:11 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wink

Anybody notice the lack of protests or insane screeching about voter fraud and voter disenfranchisement?

Well when the republicans own the complanies making the voting machines and so are the ones more likely to commit fraud, it doesn't surprise me...

I don't know what it means...but I've noticed a lot less gloating about the win from civilians in this election too.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Wait... I thought Hugo Chavez owned the voting machines?