Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

the brilliance of beheading.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 06:06 PM

hahah, salty what do you do for a living? Not a painter are you.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
Since this SFG article supports my position, it can be trusted.

Hahaha, at least you admit it! It's okay Oaf, you just suffer the same social psychologial condition that Bush does known as "Confirmation Bias." It a condition that causes you to only aknowledge information and evidence supporting your cause or arguement. It's okay though, as Kerry suffers from "Hindsight Bias" which is a tendancy to aknowledge situations only after they occur, also known as the "know it all effect." And yes these are real social psychological conditions.biasees.

-Chris

<------ nerdy psychology major with an option in industrial psych.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:40 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I'm hoping that Maker's Mark is the cure...
Old 09-23-2004, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Oaf
I'm hoping that Maker's Mark is the cure...
So am I.

-Chris
Old 09-24-2004, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
BUMP :banana:

This thread will not die until one of us is embarassed
Old 09-26-2004, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

One last Bump... He hasn't posted since the last time.

Maybe he's trying contact Dan Rathers on how to make a fake dd214 for his father?
Old 09-27-2004, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Salty
One last Bump... He hasn't posted since the last time.

Maybe he's trying contact Dan Rathers on how to make a fake dd214 for his father?
I lied... one last BUMP for the Gipper
Old 09-28-2004, 07:24 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
you can debate the president subject all day and still the public will NEVER know

what goes on and what is exactly said when a president and STAFF decide to

engage in war with another country. (even with all the media coverage of today)

Don't forget that this thread was started about the beheadings................lets not stray to far although this is a very good thread.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:38 PM
OT Big Kahuna

Location: Harder to grasp than Science & Math to pale swined cavemen who don't practice and live backwards.
Car Info: Salty-Killah
What unit was your Father in, Olmek?! Let me guess... it's still under CIA safeguard, right?

I have a couple of Vietnam Recon Marines that say you're story sounds way off base:

So much for your "countless" claim...

Here's the CAP program webpage: http://capmarine.com/ Hmmm... no head chopping there either!

So your Father was either a cold blooded James Bond savage -or- you're a bold faced liar!

Just like I brought that Ret. Green Beret and ex-Navy SEAL here to sniff out one of "el guapos" outlandish posts, i'm doing the same for you (don't you feel special?)

Link 1 (See posts 22, 53, 57, 103 for the SEALs post)

Link 2 with Green Beret

Although there's the very slight chance you're telling the truth, I have a feeling you made that story up because it's in your nature to hand out war crimes stories on our own troops. Not to mention it's easier and makes your "10cent novels" flow better than they would with factual information.

So I’ll wait for a reply -or- PM with your fathers service information so I can run it through my friends ATRRS database and pass the info along to other Vietnam Veterans that probably served with your "high-speed, low-drag" Father.

Thanks in Advance!
Hi Saltyswine!,

I will speak with him this weekend, and provide you with what you need.
The operation(s) were from the other branch, Army.

-OLMEK
Old 10-01-2004, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OLMEK
Hi Saltyswine!,

I will speak with him this weekend, and provide you with what you need.
The operation(s) were from the other branch, Army.

-OLMEK
Outstanding!

I know twice as many people in the Army so it shouldn't be too hard to verify him.

I'd like to think you knew what branch of service your father served in before making such outlandish/solid claims but whatever...

Be sure to get his full name, time in service, date of last held rank, units he served with (to include time periods) , Social Security -or- Service Number and class #'s of every hooah school he's ever attended! Hell, even a dd214 for that matter.

IBstlouisfire.

Last edited by Salty; 10-01-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:15 PM

Olmek's nose is growing already

I've got some possible answers:

"The CIA won't allow me to disclose those records. My Dad was only allowed by law to tell all of his friends and family about the missions, but no one else can find out."

"Have you ever seen Conspiracy Theory? Well these are the guys the movie was based on."

"I didn't mean US army, sorry about the confusion. My dad is an international mercenary commando, kind of like the guys in 'The Substitute'"

Finally, my favorite:

"It's top secret--I could tell you, but then I'd have to admit I was lying"
Old 10-01-2004, 04:40 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
Be sure to get his full name, time in service, date of last held rank, units he served with (to include time periods) , Social Security -or- Service Number and class #'s of every hooah school he's ever attended! Hell, even a dd214 for that matter.
Seriously, if the claims were true (I'm not saying they are), do you really think a person would divulge this sort of information?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:25 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
Seriously, if the claims were true (I'm not saying they are), do you really think a person would divulge this sort of information?
Now, I'm not calling my favorite troll a liar, however, his claims are a tad fantastic.
Did actions that OLMEK describe actually happen in VN?
I don't know...but I wouldn't be surprised.
I have met & talked to many VN vets, some were coocks and others were SEALs.
None ever offered stories of such actions.
Here in Auburn, I've met a WW2 Wehrmacht vet that fought on the Eastern Front. After talking to him a few times he sheepishly admitted to killing everything Russian; man or beast.

As Salty has pointed out before, people like to brag, and the duller the person, the bigger the brag.
I can't tell you the number of times I've had people at clubs, picnics, parties, etc, try to impress me with heroic stories of what they did when they were "with the blahblah SEAL team/Special Forces/CIA/Boys-with-no-name."

Look, I was just your ordinary, run of the mill grunt, "cannon-fodder" if you will.
Why try to impress me?
Why try to impress the members of i-club with fantastic stories?

If the Olmek's claims are true, I feel really bad for his pops.

Last edited by FW Motorsports; 10-01-2004 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Too many Spaten Oktoberfests.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:56 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
YES.

I have nothing to prove but his service. There shouldn't be any reason not to give his service information to me. I have dealt with this a few times and can assure you that nothing else will come of this. I'll handle the information with the utmost confidence (opsec) even though his father is beyond opsec.

If he is telling the truth then I'll apologize, feel sorry for his father and be thankful for his service.

I'm 8 for 8 on nabbing phonies so Olmek better prove that his father is who he thinks he is. I know a LOT of veterans from every surviving war era and they know another handful of veterans, and they know another group of veterans etc etc etc. Maybe Olmek's father is the one telling the lies to Olmek? Regardless, these types of things were unheard of for the most part.

As for the red flags....I just don't see any Vietnam Veteran coming into the open with this type of information as it could be damning to himself and others. Furthermore, I can understand how Olmek could confuse which branch of service his father served in when he new every detail of the operation(s).

Last edited by Salty; 10-01-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:16 PM

I think I found his father, Salty!

Quick Reply: the brilliance of beheading.