i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Teh Politics Forum (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/)
-   -   the brilliance of beheading. (https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/brilliance-beheading-73676/)

constellation 09-22-2004 09:07 AM

the brilliance of beheading.

I was browsing consupmtion junction last night, and i watched the latest batch of execution videos - and what they are doing is quite clever - Killing these people individually is much more personal than taking out a crowd of troops, and as a result these videos are...well....terrifying - and they know that. If these guys had just been killed in some ambush we would all shrug collectively, and feel a breif flash of sorrow then move on. Except of course you guys who would stand up in front of the american flag and listen to the top gun soundtrack with a tear in your eye, but that gets a bit impractical. This thread isn't really going anywhere, so i'll make my point, then ask a question.

My point : These videos are absolutely terrible, and are a sharp reminder of the seriousness of the situation - somthing that is watered down for us for the most part.

So, i guess the question is - should these videos be available for the american public? What do you guys all think?

Salty 09-22-2004 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=constellation]I was browsing consupmtion junction last night, and i watched the latest batch of execution videos - and what they are doing is quite clever - Killing these people individually is much more personal than taking out a crowd of troops, and as a result these videos are...well....terrifying - and they know that. If these guys had just been killed in some ambush we would all shrug collectively, and feel a breif flash of sorrow then move on. Except of course you guys who would stand up in front of the american flag and listen to the top gun soundtrack with a tear in your eye, but that gets a bit impractical. This thread isn't really going anywhere, so i'll make my point, then ask a question. [/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you credit the terrorists with brilliance based on cowardly acts?

In addition, I don't understand why you poke fun at people who pride themselves as Americans. I'm not saying that these types of people are [i]more[/i] patriotic than yourself but this paragraph exemplifies why people think liberals and few democrats are terrorist sympathizers.

[QUOTE=constellation]My point : These videos are absolutely terrible, and are a sharp reminder of the seriousness of the situation - somthing that is watered down for us for the most part.

So, i guess the question is - should these videos be available for the american public? What do you guys all think?[/quote]

Of course they should be available to the American public. Although it's a good scare tactic as you suggest, I think it shows blatant ignorance on the terrorists part by killing people that are trying to help fellow Islamic people. Furthermore, every beheading discredits true Islam and embarrasses a vast majority of the Muslim community. Brilliant!? [ATTACH]204718[/ATTACH]

HellaDumb 09-22-2004 10:18 AM

[QUOTE=Salty]I don't understand why you credit the terrorists with brilliance based on cowardly acts?

In addition, I don't understand why you poke fun at people who pride themselves as Americans. I'm not saying that these types of people are [i]more[/i] patriotic than yourself but this paragraph exemplifies why people think liberals and few democrats are terrorist sympathizers.

Of course they should be available to the American public. Although it's a good scare tactic as you suggest, I think it shows blatant ignorance on the terrorists part by killing people that are trying to help fellow Islamic people. Furthermore, every beheading discredits true Islam and embarrasses a vast majority of the Muslim community. Brilliant!? [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/sierra11b/Emoticons/bigeek.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Their actions have dehumanized those of the Islamic faith more than any other action possible. If it were left up to majority vote in the U.S., I'd bet we'd be ok dropping a nuke on an Islamic city every time someone got their head sawed off in the name of Allah.

constellation 09-22-2004 10:38 AM

[QUOTE]I don't understand why you credit the terrorists with brilliance based on cowardly acts?[/QUOTE]

Er, sorta sarcasm - i didn't mean brilliant in a way that i respect. However, they are maximizing their terror with hardly any effort, and we're falling for it. But it's also funny because they are seperating themselves from the islamic majority, while pissing off every nation in the entire world. Brilliant like that :)

[QUOTE]In addition, I don't understand why you poke fun at people who pride themselves as Americans. I'm not saying that these types of people are more patriotic than yourself but this paragraph exemplifies why people think liberals and few democrats are terrorist sympathizers.
[/QUOTE]

I'll make fun of anyone who takes somthing to an extreme. It could be idiot punks scrawling the anarchy "A" with a bic pen on anything that will take the ink, or idiot who decorates their house with everything americana and relies on pure patriotism to define who they are because they are pathetic in every other way. I don't know if you were just in the mood to be offended, but that comment was in no way aimed towards you. If you ever get the chance to go to "country waffles" off sunrise, well, number 1, DONT, and number 2 it will illustrate for you the exact reason why I hate lots of americans. Its a terrible mix of handpainted wooden cows, pastel colors, christain gobbledygook, stockcars, silk plants, american flags, etc.. I'm attacking those people.

[QUOTE]Agreed. Their actions have dehumanized those of the Islamic faith more than any other action possible. If it were left up to majority vote in the U.S., I'd bet we'd be ok dropping a nuke on an Islamic city every time someone got their head sawed off in the name of Allah.[/QUOTE]

You're right, even the liberals are starting to get pretty pissed at this crap. I usually try and stay in the middle of the argument no matter what - but I'm having a hard time staying balanced. Luckily, i think the islamic fringe is going to screw things up so badly for themselves that there is just going to be a huge multi-national witch hunt .

constellation 09-22-2004 10:49 AM

Man, I've been taking painkillers for the past week - and a week ago i felt like i could take every one of you on and make you cry - now all i can say is "oh yeah salty, well...you have a stupid haircut! there! how do you like that, buttlord?".

hahaha, i'll remove myself from this forum 'till i can actually make a point.

Salty 09-22-2004 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=constellation]Er, sorta sarcasm - i didn't mean brilliant in a way that i respect. However, they are maximizing their terror with hardly any effort, and we're falling for it. But it's also funny because they are seperating themselves from the islamic majority, while pissing off every nation in the entire world. Brilliant like that :)[/quote]

We're not falling for it anymore... You're falling for it once again because you just went out of your way to watch a horrific movie!. Most of the American public fell for it with Nick Berg (myself included), but pass it off with a "that was so last week!" attitude whenever there's another beheading -or- kidnapping. It lost it's flare awhile ago, constellation... you just re-kindled it for yourself.

[quote=constellation][b]I'll make fun of anyone who takes somthing to an extreme.[/b] It could be idiot punks scrawling the anarchy "A" with a bic pen on anything that will take the ink, or idiot who decorates their house with everything americana and relies on pure patriotism to define who they are because they are pathetic in every other way. I don't know if you were just in the mood to be offended, but that comment was in no way aimed towards you. If you ever get the chance to go to "country waffles" off sunrise, well, number 1, DONT, and number 2 it will illustrate for you the exact reason why I hate lots of americans. Its a terrible mix of handpainted wooden cows, pastel colors, christain gobbledygook, stockcars, silk plants, american flags, etc.. I'm attacking those people.
[/quote] But members of an [i]extreme[/i] Islamic group are brilliant, right?! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/sierra11b/Emoticons/261.gif[/IMG]

constellation 09-22-2004 11:10 AM

[QUOTE]But members of an extreme Islamic group are brilliant, right?! [/QUOTE]

er....sarcasm, dry humor. oi.

[QUOTE]It lost it's flare awhile ago, constellation... you just re-kindled it for yourself. [/QUOTE]

Really? I'm still pissed about it - does that mean I'm stupid? Maybe i should get with the bandwagon and pretend that if i care, the terrorists are winning.

Salty 09-22-2004 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=constellation]Man, I've been taking painkillers for the past week - and a week ago i felt like i could take every one of you on and make you cry - now all i can say is "oh yeah salty, well...you have a stupid haircut! there! how do you like that, buttlord?".

hahaha, i'll remove myself from this forum 'till i can actually make a point.[/QUOTE]

Good idea... the empty-headedness and ignorance is strong in these posts.

*Note to others* [i]Be sure to blame pharmaceuticals for futile posts.[/i]

dr3d1zzl3 09-22-2004 11:27 AM

haha +2 points for the nice left hook salty haha

constellation 09-22-2004 11:36 AM

[QUOTE]Good idea... the empty-headedness and ignorance is strong in these posts.

*Note to others* Be sure to blame pharmaceuticals for futile posts.[/QUOTE]

Hhahaha, you beeotch. touche'. :D

Futile huh? Are you a killer robot now? Hhahaha, the idea of a post being futile is pretty funny in itself - isn't this entire forum futile? All it does is give us an excuse to intellectually armwrestle while we sit bored at work. There is literally nothing else this forum does, so don't act like we are changing anything. Are you in the SCA by any chance? I'd bet you'd have the amazing ability to act like royalty when you are dressed in a knight-suit made of sweatpants and cardboard.

While i may be empty-headed, I ain't no ignorant som'bich. So lets keep it above the belt, Sassy. :)

BlingBlingBlue 09-22-2004 11:40 AM

The beheadings seem like an effective tool if you believe that the motives of those doing this are to anger the Americans, prompting them to use additional military force in the middle east. I'm not saying it is good logic that these terrorists are using, but I do think it is their goal to keep the US in a position of perceived aggression in the middle east, so that they may play on the a middle eastern perception that the US wishes to inflict our "corrupt and debaucherous" society on the good "Allah fearing" Arabs. They are trying to keep the world divided, and they are succeeding by tactics such as this.
So yeah, maybe brilliant has the wrong connotations to these actions, but I think these murders are an effective part of the Jihad strategy. As Constellation said, these videos evoke a far greater emotional response than people getting killed in an ambush.

FUNKED1 09-22-2004 03:28 PM

[quote] it will illustrate for you the exact reason why I hate lots of americans. Its a terrible mix of handpainted wooden cows, pastel colors, christain gobbledygook, stockcars, silk plants, american flags, etc.. I'm attacking those people.[/quote]

Typical **** for brains coastal wannabe-elitist. You're attacking people because of their faith? You're attacking people because they like NASCAR? Grow up.

MVWRX 09-22-2004 03:45 PM

Hahahaha...I think faith and NASCAR are two GREAT reasons to attack someone on the personal level...hahahahaha...I guess I've got some growin up to do hahahaha.

constellation 09-22-2004 04:01 PM

[QUOTE]Typical **** for brains coastal wannabe-elitist. You're attacking people because of their faith? You're attacking people because they like NASCAR? Grow up.[/QUOTE]

dear god, no, you idiot. I'm attacking those people because that **** is stupid. C'mon, that stuff is stupid, admit it. Handpainted wooden cows doing wacky things like skiing backwards? Oh no, be careful cow! THATS STUPID. Tiny barns and fake minature white picket fences with tiny 2d chickens behind it? RETARDED. Portrait of ted nugent with a beard - who is supposed to be jesus i guess - holding a bird and giving you a surfer wink? STUPID. Cutesey farmland scenes painted only in pastel watercolor washes with pseudo-inspirational lowbrow poems written underneath it. TERRIBLE. Thomas kinkaid. GAH. These things are stupid funked, and you know it. It doesnt matter if i'm from the coast, which i'm not, stupid things and stupid people transcend our geopolitcal boundries. Now paint an american eagle on the hood of your IROC and mix it with all the aforementioned ameri-gear and maybe throw in a bit of john cougar mellencamp, and *whallah*, i hate you. There is nothing i can say on this thread that does'nt get misinterpreted, and it seems bling was the only one who at least got my point.

ah well....

OLMEK 09-22-2004 04:58 PM

My father along with countles United States Marines did the same thing to Vietnamese (not just Viet Cong) for SLAM (Search Locate Annialate Mission) operations in Cambodia, where the CIA directed the objectives of decapitating certain officers, and collecting the heads/photographing it beside the body, then dropping message leaflets throughout the northern regions.

They did this for phsycological warfare in the name of the U.S., and for the effect a separated head had amongst the budhist, ying & yang, and other tao originated religions where the soul cannot reach the heavens when severed. The Confucians believed that it was important to present oneself to 'the ancestors' whole, and therefore one of the most feared methods of execution in ancient China was decapitation.

Throughout history the europeans (Spain's conquistadors, Napoleonic France {Guillotine}, English monarchs, Czar's, Goths etc etc etc), persians, mesoamericans (also by ritual), basically almost every single creed throughout the history of man has utilized this method of war.

So if it surprises you, the country in which you live in has sponsored and participated in a vast number of torture and terrorism, that it makes this media glorified chain of events look like a grain of sand in comparison.

Wake up my sons, and realize your savage origins and current environment.
I don't think it is right by any means, but the countless masses of so-called patriotic imbeciles that have their hog blood boiling from all the doublespeak of media glorifications and calling to arms and destruction of mass proportions is what irks me.

Stay tuned to channel zero.
Remember this people: Before making affecting decisions, supporting or opposing a call for action, taking on responsibilities that consume time and effort, or simply debating a heated issue such as this.....there is a difference in the actions of a man that uses his logic compared to his emotions to expedite his destiny.

I see a lot of you guys see an image fed to you one instant, then blast out in anger as its desired reactionary. Try avoid the shock and awe response from your daily conundrum of world & personal events, and instead utilize tranquil open minded logic to decipher what has been provided, then dissect the pros & cons, rights & wrongs, and origins and/or causes of hostile actions as we've been so conveniently served with immense highlight after the fall of Sadam and US patriotism sentiment.

Question that which you do not FULLY understand, whether it be religion, laws of governance, vaginal aromatherapy, and most of all conjecture.

-OLMEK