Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

Suspension Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI - OBP
Suspension Problem

The History
I have a 2006 STI. I have installed Whiteline Front and Rear adjustable sway bars with Whiteline Spherical type endlinks. These endlinks are a pos for street use and i would recommend the solid type to everyone. The car was lowered for 4 months on Swift Sport Springs and then returned to normal ride height. I had a local shop do the lowering and then the raising. The car has a Whiteline ALK installed.

The Problem
The car is creaking at low speeds and it feels like it is rolling more then normal.

Possible Theorys
  1. The endlinks are lose. The endlinks have been creaking a little bit at low speed for a while now 6-8 months. My original thought was they just needed to be greased up. I manually checked each one tonight and all the bolts were tight and there didnt appear to be any slack in them.
  2. The strut bolts from the rear struts are lose and its moving up and down. Do you think its possible that these bolts are lose? Would it cause the car to feel lose in the rear and roll more? I checked the bolts on the front struts and they are tight.

What do you guys think is the problem? How do you check the rear strut bolts? Do i have to take out the rear seat? I have heard about strut clunk from having your struts on lowering springs for too long and it wears them out. What does that sound like?

Thanks for your time,
-Knight