Suspension, Handling, and Brakes Talk about Struts/springs, coilovers, anti-swaybars, strut bars, steering, Pads, fluid, lines, rotors, calipers, boosters, and anything that is brake and suspension related.

clunk sound coming from the front driver side coilover

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
clunk sound coming from the front driver side coilover

hey guys! i recently bought Apexi n1 exv coilover for my 05 STi and my friend helped me install it and also had a shop corner weight it.

first week of drivin the car it was perfect no weird noise or anything but one night goin home from work i was goin out the drive way and since my car is low i have to get out in an angle, half way thru the drive way i heard a loud clunk noise comin from the front driverside of the car at first i thought i messed something up so i decided to drive a few blocks to check if ill hear the clunk again but there was no noise at all then the following night same thing happened but when i drove home still no noise then a day or 2 later i noticed when i was parking the car turning slowly to the left i heard a clunk sound from my front driverside it sound like when you put new springs like its not settled yet or more like the spring is skippin and also when im at full stop and started turning the wheel to the left i hear this clunk sound and when i return the wheel it clunks at the same spot.. it only happens when im turning slow and turning the wheel at full stop but when im on the freeway i dont hear anything at all anybody have an idea of whats wrong with my front driverside coilover?

thanks in advance just trying to get some ideas of whats causing it..

Last edited by gotrice?; 04-02-2010 at 04:07 PM.