Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Big Engine Issues, Getting Screwed By Subaru North America

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 AM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Angry Big Engine Issues, Getting Screwed By Subaru North America

Watch out!!!! I am putting this warning up on all the boards and forums I can find. I have been through two motors now, with no aftermarket parts on my 2004 STi. The first issue was a cracked piston sleeve on Piston 3, when the factory replaced my block there was an out of round Piston in cylinder 1. Since this **** up I have been to the dealership 30+ times, they won't replace my motor. I have entered a Lemon Law suit against Subaru North America. Subaru N.A. offered to settle for $2,500 and no new motor. So unless you can find a motor for $2,500 installed I am ****ED! Now I have very little resale value, I can't register my car in California because I cant get smog check with a check engine light, meaning I have to go in EVERY MONTH for temporary tags. WATCH OUT FOR SUBARU WARRANTY DIVISION BEFORE YOU END UP LIKE ME, A LEMON OF A CAR, NO RESALE VALUE. SUBARU DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR LOYALTY TO THEIR COMPANY, THEY DON'T GIVE TWO ****S. WATCH OUT.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
how come SOA has denied warranty on the second motor? Why can't you refuse the settlement and continue with the suit? What are the requirements for the lemon law? I thought it had to be multiple times for the same problem and a lot of other requirements too. Overall I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying that when they put in the new motor there was a problem with it?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 AM

Car Info: Subaru STI
They didn't deny the warranty, they have just nickel and dimed almost every part they can change with out replacing the second motor, my only option was a lawsuit. I can still take them to court (in litigation now) but if I loose I will be out about $10,000 in attorney fees. When the replaced the block the first time piston 1 was out of round, I drove on it for 3,000 miles before it was discovered. So as far as I am concerned my block is now out of round as well, but they won't replace the block.