Subaru General Anything about Subaru related that would not be more appropriate in another existing i-Club forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would You Still Buy A Subaru?
Yes
85.19%
No
4.94%
Undecided
9.88%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Still Buy A Subaru??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:54 PM

Car Info: sti
Talking

no, wont buy a wrx again to many problems.ok! let see, change my ecu about 3 times,broking tranny had to replace it,and after they replaced it my 2nd and rear gear grinded, the engine light always came on cos of the engine mice firing,my car over heated about two times,and last bet not least my turbo broke and that's wenne i sold my rex.i still love subaru bet would never buy a wrx again to many defects and problems like i said.

i´m trying to go for sti,yea baby
Old 08-02-2004, 06:04 PM

Car Info: sti
Angry

my bad rong icon was going for
Old 08-02-2004, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

I should have made this thread a poll.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
I can do that for you. What would you like the options to be?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
I'll take a wild guess and say 1.) yes 2.) no 3.) maybe

Old 08-02-2004, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
lol, some people only want polls with creative answers, plus we need his permission to do anything or alex is gonna beat us again.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
lol, yeah. I've just got my smartass pants on today or something
Old 08-02-2004, 07:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by awns729
I can do that for you. What would you like the options to be?

Originally Posted by nKoan
I'll take a wild guess and say 1.) yes 2.) no 3.) maybe

Those anwsers will do. Hopefully people will still vote.

Last edited by Littleboyblue; 08-03-2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Yup sure would I have an 03 wrx my tranny isn't blown yet(26500miles) I'm putting out about 100hp overstock right now and have been for quite a few miles. Although it is my belief that quality control on the tranny at subaru should be looked at. Oh if I had to do it again I would have waited til the Sti came out, but after waiting more than a year and a half with no confirmation of the StiI finally gave in and bough my wrx.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 CGM WRX Wagon
I'm still on the fence on whether I would buy another one or not.

On one hand, I absolutely love my WRX. Everything about the car is excellent, from the traction, to the power, to the handling. I had been waiting for it to come to the states for a long time, so when it finally did I bought it right away. Perhaps I should have waited for the second model year, but I was too excited.

On the other hand, I have had my share of problems with it. I'm currently on my third transmission. The first one was replaced because both first and second gear broke. The second one was replaced because of a first gear grind. Now I still have the occassional grind, but it's at least bearable. I have also had many issues with the CEL coming on for a "loose gas cap." It has happened since day one, and the dealer STILL cannot figure out what the problem is (I'm now over 30K miles), after checking the entire vacuum system, replacing the gas cap, and even sending the ECU to SOA to be reprogrammed. This is incredibly frustrating.

So I don't know if I would buy another. I love the car, but there are problems that are just too hard to ignore. It seems like it's at the dealer more than it's at my house.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Well I got my car back from the dealer today, and has sealed my thought of I will never get another subaru, Dealer's response to my 4th gear grind, cannot not recreate the problem in legal speeds, will not fix. Soooooo either the dealer gets you on abuse sometimes when you break the lower gears, but when you get in the higher gears they won't replace because of the grind. My car will be up for sale in a couple of weeks from now.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:03 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by esracer
Well I got my car back from the dealer today, and has sealed my thought of I will never get another subaru, Dealer's response to my 4th gear grind, cannot not recreate the problem in legal speeds, will not fix. Soooooo either the dealer gets you on abuse sometimes when you break the lower gears, but when you get in the higher gears they won't replace because of the grind. My car will be up for sale in a couple of weeks from now.
Thats a shame. Is there any way that you can write to SOA and explain the situation? Do you have another dealership that is located near you? If you do, I would take it there to see if they can fix the problem. The whole reason I bought a new car was so that I would have warranty. I was tired having my friends come over and help me fix problems with my car. But, it seems like a lot of the dealerships wont even fix things under warranty. Since this is my first car, I wonder if this is something that is unique to subaru or if this is common at every car manufacturer?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:46 AM

Car Info: 05 2.5RS + 07 LGT
I'm on my fourth Subaru.. 1994 Legacy, 1992 Turbo Legacy, 1995 Impreza, 2005 RS ...and will likely buy another. That Legacy GT is sweeeet.

Check out the problems the VW guys are having (check engine lights are a regular occurance with many of my friends' VWs), or maybe talk to a Bimmer owner (how many times in the shop *this* year). Sure, there are some issues with some Subarus, but it's not any worse (maybe even better) than the bazillionth recall on the Focus or exploding firestone tires, or...?

Cheers,

Ryan Douthit, Publisher
SUBIESPORT Magazine
http://www.subiesport.com
Old 08-05-2004, 08:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 Honda S2000
Originally Posted by Littleboyblue
Thats a shame. Is there any way that you can write to SOA and explain the situation? Do you have another dealership that is located near you? If you do, I would take it there to see if they can fix the problem. The whole reason I bought a new car was so that I would have warranty. I was tired having my friends come over and help me fix problems with my car. But, it seems like a lot of the dealerships wont even fix things under warranty. Since this is my first car, I wonder if this is something that is unique to subaru or if this is common at every car manufacturer?

Nope the next dealership I could go to is 130 miles away. I know the Acura RSX has had transmission problems, grinding issues, Honda replaced gearsets and syncros, Honda called a recall. Subaru just needs to recall, but because of the the crappy reputation I'm going back to honda, a used S2000.

Quick Reply: Would You Still Buy A Subaru??